Main Article Content
job performance, workplace spirituality, azad islamic university, Iran
Purpose: This study aims at specifying the relationship between workplace spirituality and job performance among Isfahan Azad Islamic university's staff.
Methodology: This study is descriptive correlational one conducted in 2015. Research population were all Isfahan Azad University staff, 375 individuals among the 189 ones were accidently and based on the mass of their department, and Cochran sample mass selected. Instruments used in this study were Ashmos (2000)'s 22-item questionnaire of workplace spirituality and Paterson's (1970) 15-item questionnaire of job performance. The stability of these questionnaires in Cronbach's Alpha was computed as 0.88 and 0.83 for workplace spirituality and job performance, respectively. Data extracted in this study was analyzed through multi-regression tests, Pierson correlation coefficient and SPSS software of variance analytical tests.
Main Findings: The results of this study show that there exists a meaningful relation between workplace spirituality (r=0.330), meaningful work (r=0.287), a sense of connection and positive social relations with coworkers (r=0. 298), individual's alignment with the organization's values (r=0.326) and job performance. (P=0.001) in the first step, from among these workplace spirituality dimensions, meaningful work is the best indicator of staff's job performance.
Implications: This study and results can throw light on strategies to be adopted to enhance job performance in University staff.
Originality: This type of study is done first time in University.
2. Ashmos DP. and Duchon, D. 2000. Spirituality at work: a conceptualization and measure. Journal of Management Inquiry. 9(2), 134-145. https://doi.org/10.1177/105649260092008
3. Ashmos, D. P. and Duchon, D. (2000)"Spirituality at work: a conceptualization and measure", Journal of Management Inquiry, 9 (2), 134-145. https://doi.org/10.1177/105649260092008
4. Beik zadeh J et al. 2011. The impact of workplace spirituality on citizen-organizational behavior of Education org staff of Tabriz. Educational Leadership and management quarterly. 5th year, No4, 23-44
5. DANIEL JL. 2012. A study of the impact of workplace spirituality on employee outcomes: a comparison between us and mexican employees. Submitted to Texas A&M International University, in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of
6. Farhangi et al. 2006. workplace spirituality and its role in improving citizenship organizational behavior. Managing culture quarterly. 13th no 5-26
7. Ghanbarpur M. 2012. relation between organizational commitment and nurses job fatigue in zahedan. MA. zahedan university
8. Kordi M, Aftab azari M. 2012. impact of spirituality on participating management. case study. Tehran.
9. Milliman J, Czaplewski AJ, Ferguson J. 2003. Workplace spirituality Neck CP,
10. Milliman JF. 1994. Thought self-leadership: finding spiritual fulfillment in organizational life, Journal of Managerial Psychology, 9(6), 9-16. https://doi.org/10.1108/02683949410070151
11. Moshabaki A. 1998. new look toward job faith conciseness in improving organizational efficiency. Journal of Economy and management, 143, 32-131
12. Saatchi Mahmud kamkari K. askarian m. 2010. psychological tests. Virayesh publication
13. Salajegheh S, Farahbakhsh Sh. 2011. spirituality and organizational commitment. Yas, 23, 203-221
14. Suliman Tahir, A. M. (2006). Links between justice, satisfaction and performance in the workplace. Journal of Management Development, 25, 294-311.
15. Spectoriel paul. 2008. organizational industrial psychology. Translated by shahnaz mohamadi. Tehran arasbaran publications.
16. Taleghani A, Mohammadi M. 2012. staff's attitude, behavior and performance in an organization.