Main Article Content
Pharmaceutical Sales, Over the Counter, e-commerce, China, Consumer behaviour
Purpose of Study: The Pharmaceutical industry in China has been increasing its market: Aging society, urbanization, upgrading of structure of consumption, reform for pharmaceutical market by the government. However, it is still under development regarding e-commerce in china. The objectives of this research is to consider the future trends of Over the Counter (OTC) pharmaceutical sales on the internet in China.
Methodology: Questionnaire survey regarding pharmaceutical sales on the internet. Investigated 260 respondents live in China. The questions mainly asked about the purchase of medicines during respondents’ lifetimes and how respondents made decisions about the purchases of general medicine on the Internet.
Main Findings: We found that regarding the age of 26‑35 have the strong potential of purchasing on the internet.At the same timefound that the retail shop has becoming convenient, based on walking distance to drugstore.
Implications of study: This study can apply for decision making regarding the purchase of OTC pharmaceutical sales on the internet in China. Also, this study can be refereed when concerning about the system of online pharmaceutical sales.
Originality of study: The originality of study is that we designed the questionnaire survey based on abundant lows which connected to pharmaceutical sales on the internet. And we conducted the survey to the consumers so that we can understand the consciousness of the consumers.
2. National health and family planning commission of the people’s republic of china. (2015).Some Opinions on Promoting and Regulating the Practice of Doctors in Many places. Zhong guo Shi yong Xiang cun Yi sheng Za zhi,(11), 6-7.
3. Ding,Y. (2015). National Medical and Health Service System (2015–2020 )Zhong Yi yao Guan li Za zhi,(7), 99-99.
4. Zhong,Z.(2015).Opinions on Speeding up the Development of E-commerce and New Economic Power Quality control system to strengthen the field of electricity business product quality supervision, Zhong guo Ji shu Jian du (5), 6-7.
5. Guan,J, L.(2016).Internet sale of drugs to be introduced regulatory compliance norms. Jing Ji,(24), 72-74.
6. Liu,Y, L.New hope in pharmaceuticals Deal—Pharmaceuticals into the linkage reform era. Zhong guo Wei sheng (3):13-15.14Jiang,qui,song.(2017).the 2016 china pharmaceutical electric business development blue book. retrieved from http://www.pharmsoft.com.cn/1010.html Accessed 31 May 2018
7. ChinaGuo wu Yuan gong Bao. (2017). He State Council issued the Decision on Canceling the Administrative Licensing of 39 Central Place Designated by the Third Tranch , (5), 95-101.
8. CFDA. (1999).Interim Provisions on the Administration of Logistics of Prescription Drugs and Over–the¬Counter pharmaceutical Drugstores of government decrees compilation.
9. CFDA. (2000). Supervision and administration of pharmaceutical Electronic Commerce.Shang hai yi yao, 21(11).
10. Huang, Y., Hu, J. (2007). Some Thoughts and Suggestions on Investing in Cases of Illegal Sales of Medical Drugs by Using Internet.shang hai yi yao, 28(12), 535-536.
11. Du, J, J., Ma, A, X,. (2006). Analysis on the Influence of Drug Retail Enterprises Interim Provisions on the Approval of Pharmaceutical Dealership over the Internet.zhong guo yao fang , 17(15), 1196-1198.
12. Zhang, F, F,. (2014). Design pharmacy tongjitang chain logistics distribution model. Doctoral dissertation. China.
13. Zhang, G, Y,. (2014). CFDA will develop new regulatory regulations for food and pharmaceutical sales of the network. zhong hua yi xue xin xi dao bao,(12), 7-7.