Main Article Content
UTAUT, e-management, Perceived information quality, Behavioral intention, Libya.
Purpose of study:The main aim of this study is to investigate the relationship between Unified theory of acceptance and use of technology (UTAUT) factors and intention towards usage of e-management in Libyan petroleum industry.
Methodology:Aseries of appropriate literature is explored and a conceptual model is suggested and deliberated. A review of existing literature recommendsnumerousaspectsaffects behavioral intention of the users.
Main findings: This model is set to help the managers and decision makers to understand the importance of e-management.
Implications of study:Exploring the theoretical and empirical studies, thefuture study would be valuable and necessary to examine the relationship between expectancy and the overall job acceptance level of e-management including the mediating effect of perceived information quality.
Originality/Novelty of study:The proposed conceptual model is both novel and different that is positivelycontributed towards the improvement of the related literature.
2. Aggelidis, V. P., & Chatzoglou, P. D. (2012). Hospital information systems: Measuring end user computing satisfaction (EUCS). Journal of biomedical informatics, 45(3), 566-579. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2012.02.009
3. Ajzen, I. (1991). The theory of planned behavior. Organizational behavior and human decision processes, 50(2), 179-211. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-T
4. Al-Khaldi, M. A., & Al-Jabri, I. M. (1998). The relationship of attitudes to computer utilization: New evidence from a developing nation. Computers in Human Behavior, 14(1), 23-42. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0747-5632(97)00030-7
5. Alam, S. S., & Rashid, M. (2013). Intention To Use Renewable Energy: Mediating Role Of Attitude. Energy Research Journal, 3(2), 37. https://doi.org/10.3844/erjsp.2012.37.44
6. Chau, P. Y., Au, G., & Tam, K. Y. (2000). Impact of information presentation modes on online shopping: an empirical evaluation of a broadband interactive shopping service. Journal of Organizational computing and electronic commerce.
7. Davis, F. D. (1989). Perceived usefulness, perceived ease of use, and user acceptance of information technology. MIS quarterly, 319-340. https://doi.org/10.2307/249008
8. Davis, F. D., Bagozzi, R. P., & Warshaw, P. R. (1989). User acceptance of computer technology: a comparison of two theoretical models. Management science, 35(8), 982-1003. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.35.8.982
9. Ditsa, G., & MacGregor, R. (1997). Our Mousetrap’s Fine: So Why Aren’t People Beating A Path To Our Door? Information Resources Management Journal (IRMJ), 10(3), 28-20.
10. Hassan, M., Akram, A., & Naz, S. (2012). The relationship between person organization fit, person-job-fit and turnover intention in banking sector of Pakistan: The mediating role of psychological climate. International Journal of Human Resource Studies, 2(3), Pages 172-188. https://doi.org/10.5296/ijhrs.v2i3.2286
11. Hosen, Y. K., Hui, W. S., Suliman, S., & Rahman, I. A. (2011). Use of Management Control Systems among Libyan Small and Medium-Sized Firms. Asian Journal of Business Management Studies, 2(3), 135-143.
12. Ilsever, J., Cyr, D., & Parent, M. (2007). Extending models of flow and e-loyalty. Journal of Information Science and Technology, 4(2), 3-22.
13. Keen, P., & Balance, C. C. S. & Schrump, S.(2000), Electronic Commerce Relationships: Trust by Design: Prentice Hall.
14. Kim, S., Chung, J.-W., Lee, H., Park, J., Heo, Y., & Lee, H.-M. (2013). Remarkable progress in thin-film silicon solar cells using high-efficiency triple-junction technology. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 119, 26-35. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solmat.2013.04.016
15. Lau, S. H., & Woods, P. C. (2008). An investigation of user perceptions and attitudes towards learning objects. British Journal of Educational Technology, 39(4), 685-699. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8535.2007.00770.x
16. Mahmood et al. (2000). Variables affecting information technology end-user satisfaction: a meta-analysis of the empirical literature. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 52(4), 751-771. https://doi.org/10.1006/ijhc.1999.0353
17. McQuillan, J., & Conde, G. (1996). The conditions of flow in reading: Two studies of optimal experience. Reading Psychology: An International Quarterly, 17(2), 109-135. https://doi.org/10.1080/0270271960170201
18. Panigrahi, S. K., Zainuddin, Y., & Azizan, N. A. (2014). Investigating Key Determinants for the Success of Knowledge Management System (KMS) in Higher Learning Institutions of Malaysia using Structural Equation Modeling.
19. Salaün, Y., & Flores, K. (2001). Information quality:: Meeting the needs of the consumer. International Journal of Information Management, 21(1), 21-37. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-4012(00)00048-7
20. Satzinger, J. W., & Olfman, L. (1995). Computer support for group work: perceptions of the usefulness of support scenarios and end-user tools. Journal of management information systems, 115-148. https://doi.org/10.1080/07421222.1995.11518062
21. Straub, E. T. (2009). Understanding technology adoption: Theory and future directions for informal learning. Review of Educational Research, 79(2), 625-649. https://doi.org/10.3102/0034654308325896
22. Twati, J. M., & Gammack, J. G. (2006). The impact of organisational culture innovation on the adoption of IS/IT: the case of Libya. Journal of enterprise information management, 19(2), 175-191. https://doi.org/10.1108/17410390610645076
23. Venkatesh et al. (2002). User acceptance enablers in individual decision making about technology: Toward an integrated model. Decision sciences, 33(2), 297-316. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5915.2002.tb01646.x
24. Venkatesh, V., & Davis, F. D. (2000). A theoretical extension of the technology acceptance model: Four longitudinal field studies. Management science, 46(2), 186-204.https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.18.104.22.16826
25. Venkatesh, V., Morris, M. G., Davis, G. B., & Davis, F. D. (2003). User acceptance of information technology: Toward a unified view. MIS quarterly, 425-478.
26. Yao, L., Othman, A. B., Aballama, A. N., & Mahdi, O. R. (2011). E-management development and deployment strategy for future organization. African Journal of Business Management, 5(16), 6657-6667.
27. Yasin, N. M., Ramayah, T., Mohamad, O., & Lim, L. W. (2009). The mediating effects of attitude towards parallel imports in consumer personality–purchase intention linkage. Jurnal Pengurusan, 28, 103-123.