Main Article Content
knowledge management, psychological empowerment, teachers' creativity, Iran, Islamic azad university
Purpose: The present study aimed at investigating the relationship between knowledge management and psychological empowering with teachers' creativity in a descriptive correlational method in Isfahan in 2015.
Methodology: The statistical population included all teachers teaching at a 1st grade of boyish high schools of Isfahan city (774 teachers) out of which 256 persons were chosen through multi-steps accidental sampling using Corcoran method. Research instruments contained 3 questionnaires of knowledge management of Patrick and Sonia (2009) with 38 questions, questionnaire of psychological empowerment by Spritizer (1996) with 15 questions and creativity questionnaire of Tierney et al. (1999) having 9 questions based on Likert's 5-item scale. In order to examine the justifiability of questionnaires. Stability of this questionnaire was examined using Cronbach's Alpha, which was 0.90, 0.80and 0.83 for management, psychological empowerment, and creativity respectively. In order to analyze data, we used a descriptive statistic (frequency, percentage, mean, standard deviation) and influential statistic (Pearson correlational coefficient, multi-step regression and variance analytic test).
Main Findings: Findings of this study showed that there exists a positive, meaningful relationship between two predicting a variable of knowledge management (r꞊ 0.382) and all its dimensions and also psychological empowerment (r꞊0.136) and its affectivity dimension with creativity.(p<0.05).
Implications: Results of this study can help education administrator to streamline teacher’s activity in higher education institutions.
Originality: This study is first of its kind in researching relationship between knowledge management and psychological empowerment with teachers' creativity in Islamic Azad University, Isfahan, Iran.
2. Alvani M (2002) pattern learning , a way toward development and organization empowerment , management and development quarterly , 4,16,12
3. Abtahi H, Salavati A (2005) knowledge management in an organization, Tehran , no peyvand publication,p 194
4. Abtahi , H, Abessi , S (2006) employees empowerment, karaj publications of management relating to power ministry,p303Act and and charter of education reforming, (2002)
5. Gabberty .James and Thomas Jennifer D.E.(2007)Driving Creativity:Extending knowledge management into the Multinational corporation-Volume 2,2007,JGabberty@pace.edu; JThomas@ pace.edu,Volume2,2007
6. Gunduz ,hulya.ozbag,gonul kaya(2014).linking psychological Empowerment ,Individual creativivity and firm Innovativeness:Aresearch on Turkish Manufacturing Industry . Business management Dynamics VOL,NO.10,APR 2014,PP.O1-13
Hossnavi R, Akhavan P, Sanjaghi E,(2011) key factors to success of knowledge management.nashr publications,Tehran p152
8. Kuo, T.H. and Ho, L.A. and Lin, C. & Lai, K.K, (2010), Employee empowerment in a technology advanced work environment, Industrial management & data systems, Vol.110, No. 1, 2010, pp. 24-42.
9. Nir N, Jokar A (2009) RELATION BETWEEN knowledge management and creativity among libraries of shiraz city. Management info
10. Niaz azari K , Berimani A , and Haj qoli khani S, (2009) role of knowledge management on teachers creativity in High schools. Management quarterly,78.21-79
11. Nikbakht A , Salehi SH,Naji A (2013) relation between knowledge mangment and creativity in Isfahan hospitals. Quarterly of nursing and midwifery of Birjand university of medicine. No 1
12. OzaralliNurdan(2015). Linking Empowering leader to Creativity: the moderating role of psychological (felt) Empowerment. Marmarauniversity, Istanbut, 34810, turket. procedia-social and Behavioral sciences 181(2015)366-376
13. SigalaMarianna,chalkitikolotina.(2015) knowledge management,social media and employee Creativity.InternaationalJournal of Hospitality magment 45(2015)44-58
14. Rahimi, H (2006)relationship between knowledge management and creativity of faculty members of Isfahan university.
15. Sayed Naghavi M, Abass pour H (2009),relationship between employees' ability and creativity with organizational culture.
16. Sam khaniyan M,2004 creativity and innovation in educational organization.tehran espand honar publications.
17. Shahbazi joda , Y (2013)relation between self leadership and psychologicall empowerment with teachers occupational creativity. MA dissertation
18. Taghi pour A ,jahanian R , (2008), dimensions of educational managers' empowerment in order to create a proper framework for country's principals. Journal of management studies ,no 7
19. Tierney p,farmer SM. Graen GB. 1999,An examination of leadership and employee creativity: the relevance of traits and relations.journal of personnel psychology,52:591-620
20. Salehi sediqani J,Dehghan,N(2009) relation between dimensions of psychological and employees' creativity by multi variables regression.no1 30-48