Main Article Content
resonant leadership, Iran, organizational citizenship behavior, ISFAHAN AZAD UNIVERSITY
Purpose: This study aimed at specifying the relationship between resonant leadership perception and organizational citizenship behavior among Isfahan Azad University staffs and was conducted through a correlational descriptive method.
Methodology: Research population was all the staffs of Isfahan Azad University, 375 individuals, among whom 189 individuals were accidentally selected based on Cochran sample mass according to their units or departments of work. Instruments used for this study are; Wagner (2010) questionnaire of Resonant leadership, Alonen (2008) questionnaire of organizational trust, and questionnaire of organizational citizenship behavior of Poudsakov (1990). Cronbach's Alpha computed the stability of these questionnaires as 0.79, 0.82, and 0.80 for resonant leadership, organizational trust and organizational citizenship behavior, respectively.
Main Findings: Data analysis shows that there is no meaningful relation between resonant leadership perception and organizational citizenship behavior (OCB). (r=0.096). But a meaningful relationship exists between organizational trust (r=0.189), side trust (r=0.153), vertical trust (r=0.229), institutional trust (r= 0.189) and organizational citizenship behavior.
Implications: Results of this study can help education administrator to understand organizational citizenship behavior among Isfahan Azad University staff’s activity.
Originality: This study is first of its kind in researching relationship between resonant leadership perception and organizational citizenship behavior among Isfahan Azad University, Iran staffs.
2. AfkhamiRohani , H et al.2012. The impact resonant leadership on organizational trust, with the mediationg role of trust and knowledge communalization. Evaluation management studies, 4th year , No7,p91-109
3. Ahmadi ,A, Khodmi A S , .2013. a model for general citizenship behavior, spirituality and Organizational Citizenship Behavior in tehran's public departments.4th year , No14,p107-128
4. Aisha Sarwar& et al. 2015. Improving Organizational Citizenship Behavior through Transformational Leadership: Mediating role of Trust in Leader. Asian Journal of Business Management, 7(2): pp. 28-36.
5. Baharlu,M et al.2015. Analysis of moral leadership and Organizational Citizenship Behavior. Quarterly of morality in science and technology, 10th year , No1,p 19-27
6. Bass, B. M, (1985), "Leadership: good, better, best",Organizational Dynamics, Vol. 13 No. 3, pp. 26 – 40, https://doi.org/10.1016/0090-2616(85)90028-2
7. Farid AM. 2011. Contextual leadership: a study of Lebanese executives working in lebanon, the GCC countries, and the United States. Journal of Management Development,30(9): p. 16.
8. Kheirgu M et al.2014. a comparative study of evaluation making and commutative leadership on evaluation making leadership development with mediating role of organizational trust. Quarterly of military Management, 14th years, No53,p49-70
9. Lu X. 2014. Ethical leadership and organizational citizenship behavior: The mediating roles of cognitive and affective trust. Social behavior and personality an international journal, 42(3): pp. 379-390. https://doi.org/10.2224/sbp.2014.42.3.379
10. Mir kamali,M et al.2012.the influence of evaluation making leadership on Organizational Citizenship Behavior of knowledgeable forces of Iran's Oil company. Human resource management studies, 2nd period,No1,p137-155
11. Mohebi Sh.2014.relationship between Organizational Citizenship Behavior and staffs job satisfaction of (case study of TosehTaavon Bank).MA dissertation, university of science and research.
12. Nobari E & et al. 2014. The Relationship between Servant Leadership and Organizational Citizenship Behavior of Employees at Valiasr Academic Complex, Islamic Azad University-Central Tehran Branch. nt. J. Manag. Bus. Res. , 4(4): pp. 247-254,
13. Organ DW, Podsakoff PM, MacKenzie SB. 2004. Organizational citizenship behavior: its nature, antecedents, and consequences. Thousand Oaks, CA: sage publications.