Main Article Content
Pro-Poor Tourism, Slums Slum Tours, Poverty Responsible, SlumTours.
5thWarwick Healthy Housing Conference, the University of Warwick, UK, 17-19 March.
2. Attaalla Farouk et al., 2008, "Tourism Development in Fayoum: the Current Position and Future
Perspective", the Centre of Developmental Studies and Researches, Fayoum University.
3. Costa C .Juao, 1991,"Slum tourism as an economic activity, is, it ethical? ATheoretical review", Indian
Journal of research, Vol.2, PP:1-5.
4. CSIR, 2013, Priority Districts Analyses for Economic Transformation High Impact (Catalytic)
InfrastructureIntertain Areas, Pretoria, South Africa.
5. Delic M. Jacqueline, 2010," Trends in slum tourism", university of Guelph, PP:1-9.
6. Egyptian Specialist National Councils, 2004, “Secound National Report about Egypt in the Third Millennium
“, Cairo, Egypt.
7. El Laithy Heba, 2011, “The ADCR 2011: Poverty in Egypt 2009’’, Arab Development Challenges
Background Paper 2011/11, UNDP.
8. Engelhart Katie, 2014, Is Slum Tourism Really All That Bad?, http://www.vice.com/read/slum-tourism- katie.engelhart.412.
Fabian Frenzel, 2010, Does Slum Tourism Make Us Better People?, Bristol business School, University of
the West of England, UK.
10. Fabian Frenzel, 2013,"slum tourism in the context of tourism and poverty " , Journal of geographical society
of Berlin, Vol.144,N2,PP:117-128.
11. Gentleman Amelia, 2006, Slum Tours: a day trip too far?, 7May 18.13 BST.
12. Goscon Jordi, 2014, "pro-poor tourism as a strategy to fight ", Journal of agrarian change,PP:1-20.
13. Hanrahan Mark, 2013, Slum Tourism: Shanty Town Tours in Brazil, India, South Africa Give Travelers
Glimpse at Poverty; Raise Ethical Questions, the Huffington Post.
14. Jaffe Rivke and Durr Eveline, 2012, Theorizing Slum Tourism: Performing, Negotiating and Transforming
Inequality, European Review of Latin American and Caribbean Studies 93, October 2012, PP: 113-123.
15. Ma Bob, 2010, A Trip in to the controversy: A study of slum tourism travel motivations ", University of
Pennsylvania, Scholarly Commons,PP:1-22.
16. Melik James, 2010, "Slum tourism: patrnising or social enlightenment?", Business Daily, BBC world service
17. Michot Thibault, 2010, " pro- poor tourism in Kumarakom, Kerala, South India: policy implementation and
impacts " ,university of Greenwich, PP:1-24.
18. Nuissel H. and Heinricks D., 2013, Slums: Perspectives on the Definition, the Appraisal and the Management
of an Urban Phenomenon. In: Die Erde, Vol. 144(2), PP: 105-116.
19. Odede Kennedy, 2010, Slumdog Tourism, Wesleyan University.
20. Osman Jamal, 2014, "On tour with the slum tourist in Kenya, PP:1-3.
21. Reality Tours & Travel Company, 2013, Responsible Slum Tourism Gaining Momentum in Mumbai,
22. Rogerson Christian M., 2014, Rethinking Slum Tourism: Tourism in South Africa’s Rural Slumlands,
Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, No. 26, PP: 19-34.
23. Rolfes M., Steinbrink M., and UHL C., 2009, Townships as Attraction: An Empirical Study of Township
Tourism in Cape Twon, Postdam, University of Postdam
24. Routledge, 2012, " Slum tourism: poverty, power and ethics ", retrieved from www.academia .edu, P:1,
25. Sahli Mondher and Davidson Lee (2015): “Foreign direct investment in tourism, poverty alleviation, and
sustainable development: a review of the Gambian hotel sector”, Journal of Sustainable Tourism, Vol. 23 (2),
PP: 167 – 187.
26. Soderstrom A . Jeanett, 2013, "Travel research slum tourism in South Africa, Pp:1-6.
27. Steinbrink Malte, 2012, " We did the slum!-urban poverty tourism in historical perspective ", university of
osnbratoeck tourism geographies: an international Journal of tourism space , place and environment ,PP:1-7.
28. Tsuruoka Sonia, 2013, Slum Tourism and its discontents, Oxford University Press.
29. United Nations Development Program, 2009, Human Development Report in Arab Countries”, Regional
Office in Cairo, Egypt.
30. Wood Kenenth, 2005,"pro- poor tourism as means of sustainable development in In the Uclubamba Valley,
North Pera ", university of Greenwich, PP:1-177.
31. Weiner Eric 2008,"slum visits: tourism or voyeurism ?",of the New York times ,PP:1-7.
32. World Bank, 2008, PovcalNet, “Online poverty analysis tool”, http://go.worldbank.org, Accessed in April
33. WWW.tourism review.com, 2009, "slum tourism in Mumbai growing in popularity, accessed in January
34. WWW.en.wikpedia.org/wiki/slum tourism, 2010, accessed in January 2015.
35. WWW.tourism concerniorg.uk 2014,"The symptom often economic disease endured with hope ", Accessed