Main Article Content
Cultural Destination Attributes, Tourist Satisfaction, Tourist Characteristics, West java, Indonesia
This study is aimed 1. to examine cultural destinations attribute, 2. to examine factor of tourist travel behavior characteristics and 3. to develop tourist satisfaction in Saung Angklung Udjo Bandung.The sampling using an incidental technique with the number of respondents as many as 400 tourists. The variables used, first is tourist satisfaction as a dependent variable, and the independent's variables are cultural destination attribute and tourist travel behavior characteristic. The correlational analysis, multiple linear regression analysis and multivariate analysis of variance are conducted to analyze this research.The cultural destination attribute has positive effects on tourists satisfaction and significant differences between experience visit Saung Angklung Udjo for interest re-visit Saung Angklung Udjo as the cultural destination with overall respondents’ satisfaction.
From this research, researchers can add the knowledge and experience related tourist satisfaction, and it is also expected that the researcher in practice can use the existing theories in this study. Otherwise, cultural destination especially Saung Angklung Udjo in Bandung, West Java, Indonesia get more knowledge regarding tourist satisfaction, from that satisfaction can help administrators and marketers to more understand customers and ensure their want are fully meet. For the readers: The result of this research can be used as a reference and can be useful for scientific documentation for the readers. This research also helps for readers increase the knowledge and insight visitor's satisfaction with experience cultural tourism especially SaungAngklungUdjo, Bandung, West Java.There are some limitations of research: 1. The research period used in this study relative short and 2. Most of the tourist in Saung Angklung Udjo is a student under 15 years old.
Considering the high development of tourism in Indonesia, especially in the field of cultural destination, bringing many marketers who preserve the culture in Indonesia, one of them Saung Angklung Udjo. The owner of a tourist destination to have knowledge about the importance of promoting a culture that they provide to tourists, they should know the destination attributes and tourist satisfaction, they also should know the effect both of that case. Thus, on the basis of these researchers conducted the study by taking the title“Analysis cultural destination attribute and tourist travel behavior characteristics on tourist satisfaction: A case Saung Angklung Udjo, Bandung, West Java, Indonesia”.
2. Boit, J. & Doh, M. (2014). The Role of Destination Attributes and Visitor Satisfaction on Tourist Repeat Visit Intentions: the Case of Lake Nakuru National Park, Kenya. In the proceedings of 2014 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium.http://scholarworks.umass.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1087&context=nerr.
3. Chi, C. G., & Qu, H. (2009). Examining the relationship between tourists’ attribute satisfaction and overall satisfaction. Journal Hospitality Marketing and Management, 29 (4), 624-636. https://doi.org/10.1080/19368620801988891
4. Foster, D. (1985). Travel and tourism management. London: Macmillan Press. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-349-17946-6
5. Hassan, M. M., & Shahnewaz, M. (2014). Measuring tourist service satisfaction at destination: A case study of Cox's Bazar sea beach, Bangladesh. American Journal of Tourism Management, 3(1), 32-43. doi: 10.5923/ 20140301.04
6. Huh, J. (2002). Tourist satisfaction with cultural/heritage sites: The Virginia Historic Triangle. Thesis for the degree of Master of Sciences in Hospitality and Tourism Management. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.597.332&rep=rep1&type=pdf.
7. Kozak, M., & Rimmington, M. (2000). Tourist satisfaction with Mallorca, Spain, as an off-season holiday destination. Journal of Travel Research, 38, 260-269. https://doi.org/10.1177/004728750003800308
8. Kumaran, D. S., Kannan, D. R., & Milton, T. (2013). Tourist Satisfaction with Cultural/Heritage Sites at Madurai. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing & Management, 2(3), 62-68.
9. Misiura, S. (2006). Heritage marketing. Oxford: Elsevier Butterworth-Heinemann. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-7506-6318-2.50002-3
10. Richards, G. (2002). Tourism attraction system: Exploring cultural behavior. Annals of Tourism Research, 29(4), 64. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0160-7383(02)00026-9
11. Shahrivar, R. B. (2012). Factors that influence tourist satisfaction. Journal of Travel and Tourism Research, Special Issue, 61-79.
12. Sudjana. Nana. & Ibrahim. (2007). Penelitian dan penilaian pendidikan. Bandung: Sinar Baru Algensindo.
13. Sugiyono. (2012). Memahami Penelitian Kualitatif. Bandung: Alfabeta.
14. Tjiptono, Andy. (2004). Strategi pemasaran edisi kedua. Yogyakarta: Andi.
15. WTO. (2004). Tourism Market Trends 2003 Edition: World overview and tourism topics. Madrid, WTO.