Main Article Content
Chinese tourists, Japanese culture, cultural tourism, Japanese economy.
The Japanese tourism industry is becoming an important pillar of the Japanese economy. To increase the number of Chinese visitors to Japan, emphasizing the charm of the Japanese culture will be key. Promoting “cultural tourism” as the main reason for Chinese tourists to take vacation trips to Japan will be a major factor in helping Japan reach its international tourism goals by 2020 and beyond.
Earlier studies on cultural tourism have offered several conclusions, but few have addressed the subject of cultural tourism as it relates to Chinese visitors to Japan. There appears to be little existing research on Japanese tourism from the perspective of cultural exploration. In most studies on Chinese visitors to Japan, the focus is primarily on economics and policies; very few studies address “cultural tourism.”
So in this study, we attempt to expand our understanding of “cultural tourism” among Chinese tourists coming to Japan by identifying factors influencing tourism from a cultural point of view. We conducted a questionnaire survey of Chinese tourists who visited Japan. Before analyzing using multiple regression analysis, we analyzed In order to grasp the visiting factors of Chinese tourists.
Based on the results of the survey described here. It was established that increasing numbers of Chinese tourists now visit Japan to pursue “cultural tourism.” The specific elements of this cultural tourism were identified.
2. Dentsu, Public Relations Inc.(2016). “PR point of view's inbound strategy”. Publicity conference.
3. Erbiao, Dai.(2012). Travel destination of Chinese tourists and the influencing factors. A viewpoint to East Asia, Vol.23, No.1, 1-12.
4. Gang, Ro & Kazumi, Yamaguchi.(2012). A Study of the Factors about Repeat Visitors of Chinese Tourists. Institute of Living Science Bunkyo University, Vol. 34, 187-197.
5. Hang, YU &Kunio, Shimoyama.(2010). A Study of the Trend of Chinese Tourists Visiting Japan. Bulletin of Beppu University Junior College, Vol.29, 89-99.
6. Iori, Shimizu.(2007). Changes in the Patterns of Chinese Tourism to Japan. Geographical Studies, Vol. 82, 37-52.
7. Japan National Tourism Organization. Retrieved from http://www.jnto.go.jp/jpn/.
8. Kunihiko, Moriya.(2016). Current situation and efforts of foreign travelers visiting Japan. Japan Travel Bureau Foundation.
9. Limin, Tang.(2016). Consideration of cultural tourism at Toyama. Using Chinese visitor to Japan as an example. Toyama University of International Studies, Vol. 8, 79-89.
10. Munetada, Kitagawa.(2008). Dictionary of tourism and travel. Minerva Shobo.
11. Nobuyuki, Okamoto.(2001). Introduction to Tourism. Yuhikaku.
12. Wataru, Tsuchiya.(2014). Facts and figures on foreign visitors from ASEAN countries to Japan. Journal of Kyoei University, Vol. 12, 59-85,
13. Yi, Wang.(2015). The “Authenticity” of Tourism in Japan for Chinese Tourists Experiencing Japan within the Tight Confines of Tourism Policy and Tourism Industry Practices. Core Ethics, Vol.11, 195-207.
14. Yoichi, Murasei.(2007). Multivariate analysis by SPSS. Ltd. Ohm, Inc.
15. Yushi, Jin.(2009). Spatial characteristics of Chinese tourist activities in Japan.Geographical Studies, Vol. 82, No. 4, 332-345.