Main Article Content
Attempt is made to understand the impact of tanneries on ground water quality of Unnao. Study was undertaken to evaluate physico-chemical parameters and chromium, lead iron concentration in ground water near tannery industries. The results revealed that only two parameters fluoride and chromium are present in slight high concentration than permissible limit. Ground water quality % sample compliance / violation with respect to BIS standard were also studied.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. GCTL is a Sherpa Romeo Journal.
- CLRI, Central Leather Research Institute report on capacity utilization and scope for modernization in Indian tanning industry (Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai,)( 1990).
- Purushotam,D., Rao, N.A.,.Prakash, R.M., Ahmad, S. and Batru, A.G. (2011), A.P. J. Geol. Sec India 77, 539.
- Rathore Jaya. ( 2011),International J. Environ. Sci. 2, 572.
- Khanna, D.R., Bhutiani, R., Trivedi, M.,(2002), Himalayan J. Env Zoo., 16, 125.
- Islam,S.R., Gyananath, G.,(2002), J.Ecotoxico environ Monit, 12, 285.
- Sharma, V.P., Dixit, B.S., Banerji, R.and Seth, P.K.(2002), Polln. Res. 21, 349.
- Bhadra, B. k., PahakSuparn and Sharma, J.R., (2013), J. Geological Society of India 82, 675.
- Sharma, Y.and Verma, A.(2003), J. Expt. Zoo India 6, 75.
- Somanath, V.,(2002), J.Ecotoxico. Environ. Monit. 12, 277.
- Ramesh, K. and Thirumangai, V. (2014), International J. Engg. Res. And Applications 4, 63.
- A.P.H.A. (2002) Standard methods for Examination of water and wastewater analysis, 17th Edition, American Public Health Association Washington DC.
- Hamilton, M. (1992), J. Env. Health, 54 27.
- Rao, H.V., R.P., Belilies, M., Gary Whitford and Turner, C.H., (1995), Pharmacology 22, 30.