This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
IMPACT OF CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT ON FOOD AND BEVERAGE SERVICES QUALITY: THE MEDIATING ROLE OF EMPLOYEES SATISFACTION
Corresponding Author(s) : Nader Mohammad Aljawarneh
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 8 No. 2 (2020): March
Purpose of the study: This study is carried out to investigate the mediating role of employee satisfaction in the relationship between customer relationship management and food and beverage services quality in the 5-stars hotels in Jordan.
Methodology: The survey method was used, which includes the use of the field method for collecting data from 5-stars hotels in Jordan, which employees numbered 9,657 and the number of 5-stars hotels is 33in Amman, 352 were effective for analysis and after analyzing the data using the statistical program AMOS.
Main Findings: The most important findings were as follows: There is a significant impact of employee satisfaction on the relationship between customer relationship management and food and beverage services quality.
Applications of this study: This study comes out to help hotel managers understand the impact of their actions on the ES in their hotels to raise the efficiency of the services provided in the field of FBSQ and to recommended researchers to do more studies in the field of food and beverage and link them in the behavior of employees and customer, which is a result of hotels profit, and also entertains them to the return on the local economy.
Novelty/Originality of this study: Food and beverages services are one of the essential services which business managers should consider if they have to retain their customers and improve the image of their business so this study came out to investigate the mediate role of employee’s satisfaction in the relationship between customer relationship management and food and beverage services quality in the 5-stars hotels.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Adelaja, A. O., NaygaJr, R. M., Tank, K., & Schilling, B. J. (1999). Challenges Facing the Foodservice Industry. Journal of Restaurant & Foodservice Marketing, 3(3-4), 123-138. https://doi.org/10.1300/J061v03n03_09
- Agnihotri, R., Dingus, R., Hu, M. Y., & Krush, M. T. (2016). Social media: Influencing customer satisfaction in B2B sales. Industrial Marketing Management, 53, 172-180. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2015.09.003
- Al-Da’abseh, TARIQ., Aljawarneh, Nader &Shwiyat, Ziyad (2018). Marketing Mix Strategies and Its Impact on Organizational Performance Efficiency in the Jordanian Company for Investment and Supply-Safeway: An Empirical Study. Invention Journal of Research Technology in Engineering & Management, 2(2), 14-23.
- Al-Jawarneh, N. M. S (2016). Case Study: Business Management School at the Turkish Republic of North Cyprus and how Strategic Thinking and Planning Can Improve the Performance of the Organization to Maintain Stable between Competitors. Invention Journal of Research Technology in Engineering & Management, 4(2).
- Aljawarneh, N. M. S., &Atan, T. (2018). Linking Tolerance to Workplace Incivility, Service Innovative, Knowledge Hiding, and Job Search Behavior: The Mediating Role of Employee Cynicism. Negotiation and Conflict Management Research, 11(4), 298-320. https://doi.org/10.1111/ncmr.12136
- Aljawarneh, N., & Al-Omari, Z. (2018). The Role of Enterprise Resource Planning Systems ERP in Improving Customer Relationship Management CRM: An Empirical Study of Safeway Company of Jordan. International Journal of Business and Management, 13(8), 86-100. https://doi.org/10.5539/ijbm.v13n8p86
- Al-Omari, Z. S., Aljawarneh, N., Davut, S., & Salah, A. (2018). The Impact of Marketing Mix Elements on Forming Mental Images about Islamic Banks in Jordan: An Empirical Study. OFFICIAL, 12, 54.
- Al-Omari, Z., Alomari, K., &Aljawarneh, N. (2020). The role of empowerment in improving an internal process, customer satisfaction, learning, and growth. Management Science Letters, 10(4), 841-848. https://doi.org/10.5267/j.msl.2019.10.013
- Anderson,J.;Gerbing,D.(1988).Structuralequationpractice:Areviewandrecommendedtwo-stepapproach.Psychol. Bull., 103,411–423. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.103.3.411
- Baron,R.M.;Kenny,D.(1986).ModeratorMediatorVariablesDistinctioninSocialPsychologicalResearch:Conceptual,Strategic,and Statistical Considerations. J. Personal. Soc. Psychol., 51, 1173–1182. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1243
- Bell III, T. A., Brown, J. M., Graham, M. J., Lemonidis, K. M., Crooke, R. M., &Rudel, L. L. (2006). Liver-Specific Inhibition of Acyl-Coenzyme A: Cholesterol Acyltransferase 2 With Antisense Oligonucleotides Limits Atherosclerosis Development in Apolipoprotein B100–Only Low-Density Lipoprotein Receptor Mice. Arteriosclerosis, thrombosis, and vascular biology, 26(8), 1814-1820. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.ATV.0000225289.30767.06
- Bennett, R. J., & Robson, P. J. (2004). The role of trust and contract in the supply of business advice. Cambridge Journal of Economics, 28(4), 471-488. https://doi.org/10.1093/cje/28.4.471
- Bentler, P. M., & Bonett, D. G. (1980). Significance tests and goodness of fit in the analysis of covariance structures. Psychological Bulletin, 88(3), 588. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.88.3.588
- BERLIANSYAH, R. A., & SUROSO, A. (2018). The Influence of Food & Beverage Quality, Service Quality, Place, and Perceived Price to Customer Satisfaction and Repurchase Intention. JOURNAL OF RESEARCH IN MANAGEMENT, 1(1). https://doi.org/10.32424/jorim.v1i1.18
- NE, M. W., & Cudeck, R. (1993). Alternative ways of assessing model fit. Testing structural equation models, 154, 136.
- Fornell, C.; Larcker,D.(1981).Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Mark. Res., 18, 39–50. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224378101800104
- Giritlioglu, I., Jones, E., & Avcikurt, C. (2014). Measuring food and beverage service quality in spa hotels: A case study in Balıkesir, Turkey. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 26(2), 183-204. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-03-2012-0049
- Hair,J.;Anderson,R.;Tatham,R.;Black,W.(1998).Multivariate Data Analysis, 5th ed.;Prentice-Hall: UpperSaddleRiver,NJ, USA,
- Hu, Hu, L. T., & Bentler, P. M. (1999). Cutoff criteria for fit indexes in covariance structure analysis: Conventional criteria versus new alternatives. Structural equation modeling: a multidisciplinary journal, 6(1), 1-55. https://doi.org/10.1080/10705519909540118
- Kandampully, J., Zhang, T., &Jaakkola, E. (2018). Customer experience management in hospitality: A literature synthesis, new understanding, and research agenda. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 30(1), 21-56. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-10-2015-0549
- Kaul, D. (2017). Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Customer Satisfaction and Customer Lifetime Value in Retail. Review of Professional Management, 15(2), 55-60. https://doi.org/10.20968/rpm/2017/v15/i2/163914
- Kehoe, R. R., & Wright, P. M. (2013). The impact of high-performance human resource practices on employees’ attitudes and behaviors. Journal of Management, 39(2), 366-391. https://doi.org/10.1177/0149206310365901
- Lee, S., Lee, K. S., Chua, B. L., & Han, H. (2019). Hotel restaurants’ challenges and critical success factors in Klang Valley, Malaysia: the inseparable roles of support centers and revenue streams. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism, 20(1), 16-43. https://doi.org/10.1080/1528008X.2018.1483284
- Litvin, S. W., Goldsmith, R. E., & Pan, B. (2018). A retrospective view of electronic word-of-mouth in hospitality and tourism management. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 30(1), 313-325. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-08-2016-0461
- Llach, J., Perramon, J., del Mar Alonso-Almeida, M., & Bagur-Femenías, L. (2013). The joint impact of quality and environmental practices on firm performance in small service businesses: An empirical study of restaurants. Journal of Cleaner Production, 44, 96-104. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2012.10.046
- Marsh, H. W., & Hocevar, D. (1985). Application of confirmatory factor analysis to the study of self-concept: First-and higher-order factor models and their invariance across groups. Psychological Bulletin, 97(3), 562. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.97.3.562
- McDonald, R. P., & Marsh, H. W. (1990). Choosing a multivariate model: Noncentrality and goodness of fit. Psychological Bulletin, 107(2), 247. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.97.3.562
- McGuire, D., Polla, G., &Heidl, B. (2017). Unlocking hospitality manager's career transitions by applying Schein’s career anchors theory. European Journal of Training and Development, 41(7), 578-592. https://doi.org/10.1108/EJTD-04-2016-0022
- Meng, J. G., & Elliott, K. M. (2008). Predictors of relationship quality for luxury restaurants. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 15(6), 509-515. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.107.2.247
- Mugunthan, C., &Kalaiarasi, G. (2017). Theoretical Framework of Customer Relationship Management: An Overview. International Journal of Scientific Research and Management, 5(7), 6431-6441.
- Murray, D., &Howat, G. (2002). The relationships among service quality, value, satisfaction, and future intentions of customers at an Australian sports and leisure center. Sport Management Review, 5(1), 25-43. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1441-3523(02)70060-0
- Nahar, P., & Dhaka, V. P. (2014). A Review-: Benefits and Critical Factors of Customer Relationship Management. Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology.
- Podsakoff, P. M., MacKenzie, S. B., & Podsakoff, N. P. (2012). Sources of method bias in social science research and recommendations on how to control it. Annual review of psychology, 63, 539-569. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-psych-120710-100452
- Qin, G., &Prybutok, V. R. (2008). Determinants of customer-perceived service quality in fast-food restaurants and their relationship to customer satisfaction and behavioral intentions. Quality Management Journal, 15(2), 35-50. https://doi.org/10.1080/10686967.2008.11918065
- Reddy, M. (2018). Employee Job Satisfaction in Food Industry: A Case Study of New Ranga Foods Private Limited. International Journal of Research in Social Sciences, 8(11), 664-679.
- Sageer, A., Rafat, S., &Agarwal, P. (2012). Identification of variables affecting employee satisfaction and their impact on the organization. IOSR Journal of business and management, 5(1), 32-39. https://doi.org/10.9790/487X-0513239
- Şahin, D. R., Çubuk, D., &Uslu, T. (2014). The effect of organizational support, transformational leadership, personnel empowerment, work engagement, performance and demographical variables on the factors of psychological capital. EMAJ: Emerging Markets Journal, 3(3), 1-17. https://doi.org/10.5195/EMAJ.2014.49
- Sekaran,Uma, Bougie,Roger (2015).Research Methods for Business: A Skill-Building Approach, 6th Edition.
- Soliman, H. S. (2011). Customer relationship management and its relationship to marketing performance. International journal of business and social science, 2(10).
- Tanaka, J. S., & Huba, G. J. (1985). A fit index for covariance structure models under arbitrary GLS estimation. British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, 38(2), 197-201. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8317.1985.tb00834.x
- Wali, A. F., Wright, L. T., & Uduma, I. A. (2015). Customer relationship management for brand commitment and brand loyalty. British Journal of Marketing Studies, 3(4), 45-58.
- Yüksel, A., &Yüksel, F. (2008). Consumer satisfaction theories: a critical review. Tourist satisfaction and complaining behavior: Measurement and management issues in the tourism and hospitality industry, 65-88.