This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
PROBLEM BASED AUTHENTIC ASSESSMENT MODEL IN INDONESIAN LEARNING: STUDY IN GENERAL HIGH SCHOOL PADANG LAWAS UTARA, INDONESIA
Corresponding Author(s) : Jusrin Efendi Pohan
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 8 No. 2 (2020): March
Purpose of the study: The purpose of the study is to describe the results of the development of authentic problem-based assessment models in learning Indonesian in high school. This development uses the Plomp model which has stages, preliminary research, prototyping, and evaluation. The product developed is a problem-based authentic assessment model book and a teacher's manual. Both books were tested for validity, practicality, and effectiveness well.
Methodology: The development of this research follows the preliminary, prototype and evaluation research stages. The three steps are carried out selectively. The validity of the model is obtained from an expert judgment of the problem based authentic assessment model book and the problem based authentic assessment handbook. The trial was conducted in class XI of high school to see the practicality and effectiveness of the model book and the guidebook.
Main Findings: The development of this authentic problem-based assessment model has produced model books and manuals for Indonesian language teachers in high schools. The results of this study indicate that (1) the problem-based authentic assessment model is very valid, (2) the problem-based authentic assessment model is very practical, and (3) the problem-based authentic assessment model is very effective in learning Indonesian.
Applications of this study: Teachers can more easily assess the process and learning outcomes in learning Indonesian. The problem-based authentic assessment model can be used in language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing). The teacher can develop appropriate assessment instruments used to assess students' knowledge, attitudes, and psychomotor. The grades obtained are not only numerical but in the form of student work.
Novelty/Originality of this study: This authentic problem-based assessment model presents problems in the form of text or questions to be answered by students. Assessment instruments are presented to teachers to assess students' attitudes, cognitive, and psychomotor. The teacher can judge according to the student's ability to answer the questions given. Furthermore, to assess student and psychomotor attitudes, teachers can use portfolio and project instruments.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Arici, Ali Fuat, et al. (2017). Speaking skills of the learners who learned Turkish as a foreign language at B2 Level: A study on developing the graded scoring scale.International Online Journal of Educational Sciences, 9 (2), 516 - 526. https://doi.org/10.15345/iojes.2017.02.016
- Bahçivan, Eralp. 2017. Implementing microteaching lesson study with a group of preservice science teachers: an encouraging attempt of action research. International Online Journal of Educational Sciences, 9 (3), 591 – 602. https://doi.org/10.15345/iojes.2017.03.001
- Celikoz, Nadir dan Polat Erdogan. 2017. The investigation of preparatory school students’ attitudes towards the learning management system. International Online Journal of Educational Sciences, 9 (1), 243 – 261. https://doi.org/10.15345/iojes.2017.01.016
- Gay, L.R., et al(2009). Educational Research: Comprehencies for Analysis and Application. New Jersey: Pearson.
- Gall, M.D, Joyce, P.G & Walter, R.B. (2003). Educational Research: An Introduction. Boston: Pearson Educational, Inc.
- Jatnika, Ratna. (2019). Measurement of knowledge sharing in Jelekong Bandung Indonesia. Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews, 195-200. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2019.7524
- Joyce, Bruce & Marsha Weil. (2016). Model of Teaching- Model Pengajaran.. Jakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
- Khorasgani, Amir Toghayani & Mansour Khanehgir. (2017).Teaching New Vocabulary to Iranian Young FL Learners: Using Two Method Total Physical Response and Keyword Method.International Journal of Languages’ Education and Teaching, 90-100. https://doi.org/10.18298/ijlet.1729
- Kavanoz,Suzan. (2017). An Explanatory Mixed-Method Study on Pre-Service Language Teachers Communication Apprehension Towards Their Instructors. International Journal of Languages’ Education and Teaching, 631-650. https://doi.org/10.18298/ijlet.1721
- Kose, Esra Karabag dan Nezahat Guclu. 2017. Examining the Relationship between Leadership Styles of School Principals, Organizational Silence, and Organizational Learning. International Online Journal of Educational Sciences, 9 (1), 129 – 140. https://doi.org/10.15345/iojes.2017.01.019
- Kubra Koc, Hatice. (2017).The Preferences Of in Service Elt Teachers Language Learning Strategies in Their Own Language Learning Process. International Journal of Languages Education and Teaching,359-376. https://doi.org/10.18298/ijlet.1709
- Kucukaydin, Mensure Alkis dan Safak Ulucinar Sagir. (2017). Card-Sorting Activity in the Analysis of Primary School Teachers’ Pedagogical Content Knowledge Components.International Online Journal of Educational School. 9 (2), 544 – 560. https://doi.org/10.15345/iojes.2017.02.018
- Loewenberg Ball, D., & Forzani, F. M. (2009). The Work of Teaching and the Challenge for Teacher Education. Journal of Teacher Education, 60(5), 497-511. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022487109348479
- Owusu, N. O. (2016). Collaborative knowledge management: Examining the challenges in the rural banking industry in the eastern region of Ghana. International Journal of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, 2(3), 111-120. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijhss.2.20005-3
- Plomp, Tjeer. (2013). Educational Design Research: An Introduction to Educational Design Research.
- Satinem, Yohana dab Juwita. (2017). Designing Writing Material of Short Story through Show Not Tell Model at SMA Xaverius Lubuklinggau, Journal of Indonesian Language Education and Literary JILEL.http://usnsj.com/index.php/JILEL.
- Sugiyono. (2014). Cara Mudah Menulis Skripsi, Tesis, Disertasi. Bandung: Alfabeta.
- Tiryaki, Esra Nur. (2017). Evaluation of the Postgraduate Theses Written in the Field of Special Education in Terms of Language Education and Teaching. International Online Journal of Educational Sciences, 9 (2), 454 – 463. https://doi.org/10.15345/iojes.2017.02.012
- Williams, S.R. & Ivey K.M.C. 2010. Affective Assessment and Mathematics Classroom Engagement: A Case Study. Journal of Educational Studies in Mathematics.