Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. HSSR is a SHERPA ROMEO Green Journal.
SURABAYA CITY EXPORT EXPANSION POLICY ANALYSIS
Corresponding Author(s) : Ignatia Martha Hendrati
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 1 (2019): January
Purpose: The main objective is to get a comprehensive analysis of the potential for market expansion so that it can boost exports to new markets in addition to the traditional markets that are currently being carried out.
Methodology: The analysis includes market analysis, product analysis, trade policy and other analyses related to the Surabaya City Export Expansion Policy Analysis. Quantitative analysis techniques use measurements of the Export Performance Index. Determination of priority commodities is done by calculating indicator index values, performance index values, and composite indices.
Results: The export development of Surabaya City in 2014-2016 experienced a fluctuation, i.e., from the US $ 18.02 million in 2014, to the US $ 16.45 million US $ 2015 and the US $ 17.90 million in 2016.
Implications: Economic growth in developed countries is strongly supported by export growth. They control the share of world exports. In line with the spirit to increase exports and support government programs, the Surabaya city government has placed exports as one of its economic growth locomotives. Thus, Export expansion policy is an option considering that Surabaya’s export growth has fluctuated in hopes of increasing public welfare.
- Abdurohman, D. and R. Zuladin, 2002. Performance of Indonesia’s key non-oil export during the Crisis: Value vs quantity movement. Kajian Ekonomi dan Keuangan, 6(4).
- Abdul Waheed and Syed Tehseen Jawaid, 2010, Inward Foreign Direct Investment and Aggregate Imports: Time Series Evidence From Pakistan, International Economics & Finance Journal Vol. 5, No. 1-2, January-December (2010): 33-43
- Becchetti, Leonardo and Stefania PS Rossi, 2000, The Positive Effect of Industrial District on the Export Performance of Italian Firms, Review of Industrial Organization 16: 53–68, 2000. © 2000 Kluwer Academic Publishers. Printed in the Netherlands
- Curry, E.J., Understanding international economics: Understanding global market dynamics. PPM Publisher: Jakarta.
- Ervani, E., 2013. Export and import performance of Indonesia’s agriculture sector, Maret 2013, Journal of economics and policy JEJAK, Semarang.
- Hamdy, H., 2004. Teori dan kebijakan perdagangan internasional, ghalia indonesia. Jakarta.
- Irham and Yogi, 2003. Exports in Indonesia. First print. Custodian library. Jakarta: Pressindo.
- ITC/UNCTAD WTO, 2007. The trade performance index technical notes” Market analysis section International Trade Center (ITC) Geneva, Switzerland. Available from https://tradecompetitivenessmap.intracen.org/Documents/TPI_Notes.pdf.
- Kevin, Zang, . How Does FDI Affect a Host Country's Export Performance? The Case of China, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228676071)
- Mankiw, N.G., 2006. Introduction to macroeconomics. Jakarta: Ghalia Indonesia.
- Punan, B.S., 1996. Export business techniques and strategies in indonesia Jakarta: Nusatama Library Foundation.
- Samuelson, P.A. and W.D. Nordhaus, 2004. Macroeconomic sciences, translation. Jakarta: Global Media Education.
- Sukirno, S., 2000. Makroekonomi modern: Perkembangan pemikiran dari klasik hingga keynesian baru. 1 Edn., Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo Persada.
- Sukirno, S., 2008. Macro economics, introduction theory. Jakarta: PT. Raja Grafindo Perkasa.
- Sukirno, S., 2010. Mikro ekonomi teori pengantar. Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo Persada.
- Utomo., Y.P., 2000. Exports encourage growth or growth to encourage exports. Management Journal, UII. Yogyakarta, 1.
- Winardi, 1992. Promotions and billboards. Bandung: Mandar Forward.
- World Trade Organization, 2017. Available from https://www.wto.org/english/res_e/statis_e/statis_e.htm.