Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. HSSR is a SHERPA ROMEO Green Journal.
EVALUATION OF THE BUSINESS EXCELLENT IMPLEMENTATION AMONG HALAL CERTIFIED FOOD MANUFACTURERS IN MALAYSIA
Corresponding Author(s) : Masrom N.R.
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
Purpose of the study: The aim of this study is to highlight the strongest and the weakest aspects of Halal food manufacturing industries in Malaysia based on AT&T criteria.
Methodology: This research used survey strategy. Based on this research choice, the data was collected through questionnaire.
Main findings: Achievement of the halal certified food manufacturers is 823.7. Halal certified food manufacturers’ performance is at the silver level.
Applications of this study: Top management of the halal sector will be able to grasp their strongest point and set goals and strategic plans to improve the key elements that need attention. Use of a self-reported questionnaire in the study can serve as a benchmark for future research in other countries of the world.
Novelty/Originality of this study: The study provides new insights in the area of Business Excellence, especially related to halal manufacturing.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- A. Karimi, H. Safari, S. Hamid Hashemi, and P. Kalantar, “A study of the Baldrige Award framework using the applicant scoring data,” 2013.
- C. Rarick, “Marketing To Muslims: The Growing Importance Of Halal Products. Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies, 18(2).,” J. Int. Acad. Case Study., vol. 18, no. 2, 2012.
- G. D. S. Jonas, N. Kikuo, and O. Tadashi, “Evaluation of TQM in Japanese industries and validation of a self-assessment questionnaire,” TQM Mag., vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 318–328, 2002.
- G. Gayatri and J. Chew, “Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics How do Muslim consumers perceive service quality?,” Asia Pacific J. Mark. Logist. J. Islam. Mark. Iss J. Islam. Mark., vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 472–490, 2013.
- K. Kern Pipan, B. Gomišček, and M. Kljajić, “Slovenian national excellence award and total quality management deployment in Slovenian companies,” Total Qual. Manag. Bus. Excell., vol. 25, no. 7–8, pp. 750–762, 2014.
- L. Ilieş, H. C. Sălăgean, A.-R. Gal, and B. Bâlc, “Quality Awards: An Image Of Business Excellence.” The Annals of The University of Oradea, p.1120. 2015.
- M. H. Hassan, S. Arif, and S. Sidek, “Knowledge and Practice for Implementing Internal Halal Assurance System among Halal Executives,” vol. 11, no. 17, pp. 57–66, 2017.
- M. Haziq Hassan, S. Arif, and S. Sidek, “Knowledge and Practice for Implementing Internal Halal Assurance System among Halal Executives,” Asian Soc. Sci., vol. 11, no. 17, 2015.
- Mohammad Ijaz Bin S.M. Mohiyaddin, “Malaysian Halal Standard (MS1500:2004) : Do Halal Food Manufacturers Have Intention To Be Certified?,” no. June, 2006.
- R. Mann, M. Mohammad, and T. A. Agustin, “Implementing Business Excellence - A Guidebook for SMEs,” Asian Product. Organ., p. 48, 2012.
- R. Norafni Farlina, S. Zurina, and S. Syahidawati, “Awareness and Perception of Muslim Consumers on Non-Food Halal Product,” J. Soc. Dev. Sci., vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 478–487, 2013.
- S. N. Omar, S. R. Omar, and S. A. Karim, “Perceived Importance On Malaysian Halal And Authentic Heritage Food ( HAHFO ) : International Muslim Tourists ’ Purchase Intention Behaviour,” Proc. SOCIOINT14- Int. Conf. Soc. Sci. Humanit., vol. 2013, no. September, pp. 954–960, 2014.
- S. S. M. Mokhtar and R. Z. Yusof, “The influence of top management commitment, process quality management and quality design on new product performance: A case of Malaysian manufacturers,” Total Qual. Manag. Bus. Excell., vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 291–300, 2010.
- S. Zannierah et al., “Journal of Islamic Marketing,” J. Islam. Mark. Iss J. Islam. Mark. Iss, vol. 3, no. 22, pp. 47–58, 2012.
- V.-H. Lee and K.-B. Ooi, “Applying the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award criteria: an approach to strengthen organisational memory and process innovation,” 2014.
- W. W. Souba, “The Leadership Dilemma,” J. Surg. Res., vol. 138, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2007.