Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. HSSR is a SHERPA ROMEO Green Journal.
THE MEDIATING ROLE OF SUPPLIER NETWORK, THE MODERATING ROLE OF FLEXIBLE RESOURCES IN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LEAN MANUFACTURING PRACTICES AND THE ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE
Corresponding Author(s) : Sakapas Saengchai
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 3 (2019): May
Purpose: Given the internationalization of business today, it illustrates the importance of companies looking for overseas market opportunities for the capture of and sustainability of competitive advantage. Following the success of companies from newly developed nations such as the Far East Asian nations of the Republic of Korea and the Republic of China, Taiwan and South East Asian countries such as Singapore, emerging economies are shifting to external sector growth through export industries from the internal sector growth of import substitutes industries. Thus the current study is interested in exploring the nexus between supply chain integration, export marketing strategies and export performance of Indonesian manufacturing firms.
Methodology: Employing the survey-based methodology, the SEM-PLS technique is used to test the hypothesized relationships. So, the current study has used SEM-PLS as a statistical tool to answer the research questions raised in this study and research objectives envisaged in the current study.
Results: The findings of the study have provided support to the theoretical foundation and proposed hypothesis of the current study. Current study will be helpful for policymakers and practitioners in understanding the issues related to supply chain risk, supply chain integration and supply chain agility. In the author's knowledge this is among very few pioneering studies on this issue.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Wiroj Srihirun, ROLE OF ETHICS IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: CULTURE AS MODERATOR , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 3 (2019): May
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Aphichart Kampoomprasert, THE AGILITY, ADAPTABILITY, AND ALIGNMENT AS THE DETERMINANTS OF THE SUSTAINABLE HUMANITARIAN SUPPLY CHAIN DESIGN , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Somdech Rungsrisawat, THE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT AND INFORMATION SHARING AS ANTECEDENTS OF OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE: A CASE OF SMEs , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Komson Sommanawat, THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF STRATEGIC ZAKAT IN SUPPLY CHAIN AND PROFITABILITY OF THE NATIONAL ZAKAT AGENCY: A CASE STUDY FROM NATIONAL ZAKAT AGENCY INDONESIA , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Ladaporn Pithuk, EXPLORING THE NEXUS BETWEEN SUPPLY CHAIN AMBIDEXTERITY, SUPPLY CHAIN AGILITY, SUPPLY CHAIN ADAPTABILITY AND THE MARKETING SENSING OF MANUFACTURING FIRMS IN INDONESIA , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Thanaporn Sriyakul, Rofiqul Umam, Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, INTERNAL SUPPLY CHAIN INTEGRATION AND OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF INDONESIAN FASHION INDUSTRY FIRMS , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Supamit Srisawat, COMPLEXITIES IN A FLEXIBLE SUPPLY CHAIN AND THE ROLE OF KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Jutamat Sutduean, Watcharin Joemsittiprasert, Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, UNCERTAINTY AS AN ANTECEDENT OF THE SUPPLY CHAIN RISK: DOES SUPPLY CHAIN FLEXIBILITY MATTER IN RISK MITIGATION? , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Prateep Wajeetongratana, THE FIRM’S STRATEGIC ORIENTATIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL UNCERTAINTIES AS ANTECEDENTS OF ITS SUPPLY CHAIN AGILITY , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Aksoy, H., 2017. How do innovation culture, marketing innovation and product innovation affect the market performance of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Technology in Society, 51: 133-141.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techsoc.2017.08.005
- Azar, G. and F. Ciabuschi, 2017. Organizational innovation, technological innovation, and export performance: The effects of innovation radicalness and extensiveness. International Business Review, 26(2): 324-336.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ibusrev.2016.09.002
- Basheer, M., M. Siam, A. Awn and S. Hassan, 2019. Exploring the role of TQM and supply chain practices for firm supply performance in the presence of information technology capabilities and supply chain technology adoption: A case of textile firms in Pakistan. Uncertain Supply Chain Management, 7(2): 275-288.https://doi.org/10.5267/j.uscm.2018.9.001
- Chen, J., C.M. Sousa and X. He, 2016. The determinants of export performance: A review of the literature 2006-2014. International Marketing Review, 33(5): 626-670.https://doi.org/10.1108/IMR-10-2015-0212
- Cui, A.P., M.F. Walsh and S. Zou, 2014. The importance of strategic fit between host-home country similarity and exploration exploitation strategies on small and medium-sized enterprises' performance: A contingency perspective. Journal of International Marketing, 22(4): 67-85.https://doi.org/10.1509/jim.14.0045
- Descotes, R.M. and B. Walliser, 2018. International marketing related competences and SMEs' export performance during the recession. Projects/Proyectica/Projectique, 3: 61-82.https://doi.org/10.3917/proj.021.0061
- Durmuşoğlu, S.S., G. Apfelthaler, D.Z. Nayir, R. Alvarez and T. Mughan, 2012. The effect of government-designed export promotion service use on small and medium-sized enterprise goal achievement: A multidimensional view of export performance. Industrial Marketing Management, 41(4): 680-691.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2011.09.016
- Erem, T. and B. Menguc, 2015. A reexamination of an operational model of export marketing strategy-performance relationship: An empirical study of Turkish export ventures. Proceedings of the 1998 Multicultural Marketing Conference. Springer, Cham. pp: 65-71.https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-17383-2_10
- Fernández-Mesa, A. and J. Alegre, 2015. Entrepreneurial orientation and export intensity: Examining the interplay of organizational learning and innovation. International Business Review, 24(1): 148-156.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ibusrev.2014.07.004
- Filipe, L.L. and D.B. Montgomery, 2005. The relationship between export assistance and performance improvement in Portuguese export ventures: An empirical test of the mediating role of pricing strategy adaptation. European Journal of Marketing, 39(7/8): 755-784.https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560510601752
- Gkypali, A., A. Rafailidis and K. Tsekouras, 2015. Innovation and export performance: Do young and mature innovative firms differ? Eurasian Business Review, 5(2): 397-415.https://doi.org/10.1007/s40821-015-0030-4
- Hafeez, M.H., M.F. Basheer, M. Rafique and S.H. Siddiqui, 2018. Exploring the links between TQM practices, Business innovativeness and firm performance: An emerging market perspective. Pakistan Journal of Social Sciences, 38(2): 485-500.
- He, X., K.D. Brouthers and I. Filatotchev, 2013. Resource-based and institutional perspectives on export channel selection and export performance. Journal of Management, 39(1): 27-47. https://doi.org/10.1177/0149206312445926
- Helleiner, E. and J. Kirshner, 2014. The Great Wall of money: Power and politics in China's international monetary relations. Cornell University Press.
- Julian, C.C., 2018. The theoretical underpinnings of government policy, turbulence and performance in the service sector: A conceptual framework. Journal of Financial Services Marketing, 23(1): 1-11.https://doi.org/10.1057/s41264-018-0041-1
- Julian, C.C. and A. O'Cass, 2004. The antecedents of export marketing performance: an Australian perspective. Journal of Asia Pacific Marketing, 3(2): 99.https://doi.org/10.1300/J098v05n01_02
- Lee, C. and D.A. Griffith, 2004. The marketing strategy-performance relationship in an export-driven developing economy: A Korean illustration. International Marketing Review, 21(3): 321-334.https://doi.org/10.1108/02651330410539648
- Lengler, J.F., C.M. Sousa and C. Marques, 2013. Exploring the linear and quadratic effects of customer and competitor orientation on export performance. International Marketing Review, 30(5): 440-468.https://doi.org/10.1108/IMR-03-2011-0087
- Martin, S.L., R.G. Javalgi and E. Cavusgil, 2017. Marketing capabilities, positional advantage, and performance of born global firms: Contingent effect of ambidextrous innovation. International Business Review, 26(3): 527-543.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ibusrev.2016.11.006
- Morgan, N.A., C.S. Katsikeas and D.W. Vorhies, 2012. Export marketing strategy implementation, export marketing capabilities, and export venture performance. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 40(2): 271-289.https://doi.org/10.1007/s11747-011-0275-0
- Navarro-García, A., J. Arenas-Gaitán and F.J. Rondán-Cataluña, 2014. External environment and the moderating role of export market orientation. Journal of Business Research, 67(5): 740-745.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2013.11.037
- Navarro, A. and A. Boveris, 2009. Brain mitochondrial dysfunction and oxidative damage in Parkinson's disease. Journal of Bioenergetics and Biomembranes, 41(6): 517-521.https://doi.org/10.1007/s10863-009-9250-6
- Navarro, A., F. Losada, E. Ruzo and J.A. Diez, 2010. Implications of perceived competitive advantages, adaptation of marketing tactics and export commitment on export performance. Journal of World Business, 45(1): 49-58.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jwb.2009.04.004
- Ruskowski, I. and P. Pauwels, 2016. A dynamic perspective on internet capabilities and export marketing performance.
- Ruzo, E., F. Losada, A. Navarro and J.A. Díez, 2011. Resources and international marketing strategy in export firms: Implications for export performance. Management Research Review, 34(5): 496-518.https://doi.org/10.1108/01409171111128698
- Sandy, W., 2018. Factors influencing indonesian students satisfaction during their studies in china. Asian Journal of Contemporary Education, 2(2): 136-148.https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.137.2018.22.136.148
- Sen, D., S. Bingol and O. Vayvay, 2017. Strategic enterprise management for innovative companies: The last decade of the balanced scorecard. International Journal of Asian Social Science, 7(1): 97-109.https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.1/2017.7.1/126.96.36.199
- Setiyawati, H., D. Iskandar and Y.S. Basar, 2018. The quality of financial reporting through increasing the competence of internal accountants and accrual basis. International Journal of Economics, Business and Management Studies, 5(1): 31-40.https://doi.org/10.20448/802.51.31.39
- Sharif, I., S.R.A. Wahab and A. Sarip, 2017. Psychological contract breach and feelings of violation: Moderating role of age-related difference. International Journal of Asian Social Science, 7(1): 85-96.https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.1/2017.7.1/188.8.131.52
- Singh, H. and R. Mahmood, 2014. Aligning manufacturing strategy to export performance of manufacturing small and medium enterprises in Malaysia. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 130: 85-95.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.04.011
- Singh, R., 2018. Perspectives on india-bangladesh water dispute: The farakka barrage. Asian Themes in Social Sciences Research, 1(1): 14-20.https://doi.org/10.33094/journal.139.2018.11.14.20
- Sousa, C.M. and J. Lengler, 2009. Psychic distance, marketing strategy and performance in export ventures of Brazilian firms. Journal of Marketing Management, 25(5-6): 591-610. https://doi.org/10.1362/026725709X461876
- Sousa, C.M., F.J. Martínez-López and F. Coelho, 2008. The determinants of export performance: A review of the research in the literature between 1998 and 2005. International Journal of Management Reviews, 10(4): 343-374.https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2370.2008.00232.x
- Stoian, M.C., A. Rialp and J. Rialp, 2011. Export performance under the microscope: A glance through Spanish lenses. International Business Review, 20(2): 117-135.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ibusrev.2010.07.002
- Supian, K. and N. Ab, 2018. The role of supplier, top management and government in halal practices integrity of malaysian food business. International Journal of Asian Social Science, 8(8): 549-559.https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.1.2018.88.549.559
- Suy, R., L. Chhay and C. Choun, 2018. Protection and management policy on angkor wat temple in cambodia: An overview. Asian Themes in Social Sciences Research, 1(1): 10-13. https://doi.org/10.33094/journal.139.2018.11.10.13
- Tan, Q. and C.M. Sousa, 2015. Leveraging marketing capabilities into competitive advantage and export performance. International Marketing Review, 32(1): 78-102.https://doi.org/10.1108/IMR-12-2013-0279