Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. HSSR is a SHERPA ROMEO Green Journal.
MEASURING THE CORRUPTION MEASUREMENT MODEL (CMM) BASED ON MAQASID SHARIAH FRAMEWORK
Corresponding Author(s) : Tika Widiastuti
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
Purpose of the study: This paper will discuss the application of maqasid al shariah as a benchmark in the Corruption Measurement Model (CMM) based on Maqasid Syariah. Dimensions to be assessed on maqasid al shariah based on the opinions of Syathibi include hifdzun Dhin, hifdzun an-nafsh, hifdzun al-aql, hifdzun an-nasl, and hifdzun al-maal.
Methodology: In addition to successfully formulating all the relevant details of maqasid al shariah for corruption measurement, this study is the first research that uses quantitative methods like ANOVA on data from all provinces in Indonesia.
Main findings: The result is the average score from the Corruption Measurement Model (CMM) in Indonesia which is found to be good enough. The empirical study using ANOVA shows that there is no significant difference in the maqasid dimension among provinces in Indonesia, with a significance of 0.05.
Applications of this study: The results of this study enables researcher, practitioner and policy maker to understand the implication of corruption and its impact on the society.
Novelty/ Originality of this study: The application of maqasid al shariah is tested to explain the impact of corruption on the inadequacy of infrastructure and inefficient bureaucracy.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Ahmad, K. (1980). Studies in Islamic economics: a selection of papers presented to the First International Conference on Islamic Economics, held at Makka, under the auspices of King Abdul Aziz University, Jeddah, February 21-26, 1976 (Safar 21-26, 1396 H.) edited by Khursh. Islamic Foundation.
- Alatas, H. (1999). Corruption and the Destiny of Asia. Prentice Hall.
- Chapra, M. U. (1999). Islam dan Tantangan Ekonomi: Islamisasi Ekonomi Kontemporer (Terjemahan). Penerbit Risalah Gusti. Surabaya.
- Chapra, M. U. (2001). Masa depan ilmu ekonomi: sebuah tinjauan Islam. Gema Insani.
- Mannan, M. A., & Nastangin, M. (1997). Teori dan praktek ekonomi Islam. Pt. Dana Bhakti Prima Yasa.
- Tanzi, V. (1998). Corruption around the world: Causes, consequences, scope, and cures. Staff Papers, 45(4), 559–594.
- United Nations Development Program. (2017). Human Development Report 2012-2017.
- Wahid, M. (2005). Berantas Korupsi: Inspirasi dari Islam. Al Basyar, iv.
- World Bank. (2017). World Development Indicators (WDI) 2004-2017.