Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. HSSR is a SHERPA ROMEO Green Journal.
THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF STRATEGIC ZAKAT IN SUPPLY CHAIN AND PROFITABILITY OF THE NATIONAL ZAKAT AGENCY: A CASE STUDY FROM NATIONAL ZAKAT AGENCY INDONESIA
Corresponding Author(s) : Kittisak Jermsittiparsert
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
Purpose: The prime objective of the current study is investigating the nexus between organizational strategists, supply chain capabilities and organizational performance in Indonesia. In particular, the study is interested in examining the direct relationship between Zakat collection strategy of National Zakat Agency, Supply chain capability of National Zakat Agency Indonesia and the performance of National Zakat Agency Indonesia.
Results: In addition to that the current study is also interested in examining the moderating role Supply chain capability of National Zakat Agency Indonesia the relationship between Zakat collection strategy of National Zakat Agency Indonesia and the performance of National Zakat Agency Indonesia. The study is among the pioneering studies on the issue of supply chain in zakat management and on the performance of specialized firms in zakat collection industry. The study has employed hierarchical regression model to achieve the research objective of the current study. Apparently, several non-traditional and different supply chain management strategies have been witnessed since the past few years. These were developed for the effective utilization of resources and to improve cost savings, which would result in the competitive as well efficient flow of goods and services. The current study which in author knowledge is among few pioneering studies on this issue, will be helpful for supply chain experts, operation managers, academicians, researchers and other policy makers in formulating policies.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Wiroj Srihirun, ROLE OF ETHICS IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: CULTURE AS MODERATOR , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 3 (2019): May
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Aphichart Kampoomprasert, THE AGILITY, ADAPTABILITY, AND ALIGNMENT AS THE DETERMINANTS OF THE SUSTAINABLE HUMANITARIAN SUPPLY CHAIN DESIGN , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Somdech Rungsrisawat, THE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT AND INFORMATION SHARING AS ANTECEDENTS OF OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE: A CASE OF SMEs , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Ladaporn Pithuk, EXPLORING THE NEXUS BETWEEN SUPPLY CHAIN AMBIDEXTERITY, SUPPLY CHAIN AGILITY, SUPPLY CHAIN ADAPTABILITY AND THE MARKETING SENSING OF MANUFACTURING FIRMS IN INDONESIA , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Thanaporn Sriyakul, Rofiqul Umam, Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, INTERNAL SUPPLY CHAIN INTEGRATION AND OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF INDONESIAN FASHION INDUSTRY FIRMS , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Sakapas Saengchai, Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, THE MEDIATING ROLE OF SUPPLIER NETWORK, THE MODERATING ROLE OF FLEXIBLE RESOURCES IN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LEAN MANUFACTURING PRACTICES AND THE ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 3 (2019): May
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Supamit Srisawat, COMPLEXITIES IN A FLEXIBLE SUPPLY CHAIN AND THE ROLE OF KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Jutamat Sutduean, Watcharin Joemsittiprasert, Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, UNCERTAINTY AS AN ANTECEDENT OF THE SUPPLY CHAIN RISK: DOES SUPPLY CHAIN FLEXIBILITY MATTER IN RISK MITIGATION? , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Prateep Wajeetongratana, THE FIRM’S STRATEGIC ORIENTATIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL UNCERTAINTIES AS ANTECEDENTS OF ITS SUPPLY CHAIN AGILITY , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Ab Rashid, N., K. Supian and J. Bojei, 2018. Relationship between halal traceability system adoptions on halal food supply chain integrity and performance. International Journal of Asian Social Science, 8(8): 569-579.
- Abdullahi, A. and N.B.M. Rouyan, 2018. The use of web 2.0 technologies to determine receptive skills among malay learners of arabic language. International Journal of Asian Social Science, 8(9): 651-659.
- Abdullahi, S.I., 2019. Zakah as a tool for social cause marketing and corporate charity: A conceptual study. Journal of Islamic Marketing, 10(1): 191-207.
- Abosedra, S. and B. Sita, 2018. Finance-growth volatility nexus: Evidence from Lebanon. Asian Economic and Financial Review, 8(4): 466.
- Ahi, P. and C. Searcy, 2013. A comparative literature analysis of definitions for green and sustainable supply chain management. Journal of cleaner production, 52: 329-341.
- Ahmed, A., R. Rehan, I.U. Chhapra and S. Supro, 2018. Interest rate and financial performance of banks in Pakistan. International Journal of Applied Economics, Finance and Accounting, 2(1): 1-7.
- Akhir, R.M., S.N.B. Ahmad, H. Ahmad and N.A. Hashim, 2018. Staying or leaving? The influence of employees’ engagement towards turnover decision among employees of a semi-government organization in malaysia. Humanities, 3(1): 55-62.
- Aldulaimi, S.H. and M.M. Abdeldayem, 2018. The economic value of time in arab culture: New evidence using zimbardo time perspective inventory (ztpi). Humanities, 3(1): 63-72.
- Ale, A., 2018. Assessment of dual carriageway for sustainable socio-economic development in ado ekiti, nigeria. International Journal of Sustainable Development & World Policy, 7(1): 27-36.
- Basheer, M., M. Siam, A. Awn and S. Hassan, 2019. Exploring the role of tqm and supply chain practices for firm supply performance in the presence of information technology capabilities and supply chain technology adoption: A case of textile firms in pakistan. Uncertain Supply Chain Management, 7(2): 275-288.
- Beske, P., A. Land and S. Seuring, 2014. Sustainable supply chain management practices and dynamic capabilities in the food industry: A critical analysis of the literature. International Journal of Production Economics, 152: 131-143.
- Bryman, A. and D. Cramer, 2012. Quantitative data analysis with ibmspss 17, 18 & 19: A guide for social scientists. Routledge.
- Bukair, A.A.A., 2019. Factors influencing islamic banks’ capital structure in developing economies. Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business Research, 10(1): 2-20.
- Doktoralina, C.M., Z. Bahari, Y. Herliansyah, N. Ismail and P. Putri, 2018. Role of accounting zakat as a support function in supply chain management: A resurrection of the islamic economy. Int. J Sup. Chain. Mgt Vol, 7(5): 336-341.
- Gong, M., Y. Gao, L. Koh, C. Sutcliffe and J. Cullen, 2019. The role of customer awareness in promoting firm sustainability and sustainable supply chain management. International Journal of Production Economics.
- Green Jr, K.W., D. Whitten and R.A. Inman, 2012. Aligning marketing strategies throughout the supply chain to enhance performance. Industrial Marketing Management, 41(6): 1008-1018.
- Gursoy, D., 2019. A critical review of determinants of information search behavior and utilization of online reviews in decision making process (invited paper for ‘luminaries’ special issue of international journal of hospitality management). International Journal of Hospitality Management, 76: 53-60.
- Hafeez, M.H., M.F. Basheer, M. Rafique and S.H. Siddiqui, 2018. Exploring the links between tqm practices, business innovativeness and firm performance: An emerging market perspective. Pakistan Journal of Social Sciences (PJSS), 38(2): 485-500.
- Hakim, C.M., I.S. Beik, S.E. Pramono and A.A.Y. Saoqi, 2019. Designing shariah governance standard for zakat management organization: Indonesia experience. Working Papers-PuskasBaznas.
- Hameed, W.U., M.F. Basheer, J. Iqbal, A. Anwar and H.K. Ahmad, 2018. Determinants of firm’s open innovation performance and the role of the r & d department: An empirical evidence from malaysiansme’s. Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, 8(1): 29.
- Hazen, B.T., J.B. Skipper, C.A. Boone and R.R. Hill, 2018. Back in business: Operations research in support of big data analytics for operations and supply chain management. Annals of Operations Research, 270(1-2): 201-211.
- Hussain, A.B.R.M., 2019. Can zakat institutions adopt consumer-centric knowledge management successfully to alleviate poverty? In: Socio-economic development: Concepts, methodologies, tools, and applications. IGI Global: pp: 1560-1586.
- Ibrahim, S.M., 2015. The role of zakat in establishing social welfare and economic sustainability. Jeddah: IRTI-IDB.
- Ivanov, D. and B. Sokolov, 2013. Control and system-theoretic identification of the supply chain dynamics domain for planning, analysis and adaptation of performance under uncertainty. European Journal of Operational Research, 224(2): 313-323.
- Khasandy, E.A. and R. Badrudin, 2019. The influence of zakat on economic growth and welfare society in indonesia.
- Leng, F.L. and S. Zailani, 2012. Effects of information, material and financial flows on supply chain performance: A study of manufacturing companies in malaysia. International journal of management, 29(1): 293-313.
- Li, D. and X. Wang, 2017. Dynamic supply chain decisions based on networked sensor data: An application in the chilled food retail chain. International Journal of Production Research, 55(17): 5127-5141.
- Li, X., C.W. Holsapple and T.J. Goldsby, 2019. The structural impact of supply chain management teams: Supply chain agility development in multidivisional firms. Management Research Review, 42(2): 290-310.
- Ntabe, E.N., L. Lebel, A.D. Munson and L.-A. Santa-Eulalia, 2015. A systematic literature review of the supply chain operations reference (scor) model application with special attention to environmental issues. International Journal of Production Economics, 169: 310-332.
- Olaogbebikan, J.E. and R. Oloruntoba, 2017. Similarities between disaster supply chains and commercial supply chains: A scm process view. Annals of Operations Research: 1-26.
- Rikalović, A., G.A. Soares and J. Ignjatić, 2018. Spatial analysis of logistics center location: A comprehensive approach. Decision Making: Applications in Management and Engineering, 1(1): 38-50.
- Saad, S., Z.M. Udin and N. Hasnan, 2014. Dynamic supply chain capabilities: A case study in oil and gas industry. International Journal of Supply Chain Management, 3(2): 70-76.
- Shinsuke, N., 2014. Resuscitation of the antique economic system or novel sustainable system? Revitalization of the traditional islamic economic institutions (waqf and zakat) in the postmodern era. Kyoto Bulletin of Islamic Area Studies, 7: 3-19.
- Silvestre, B.S., 2015. Sustainable supply chain management in emerging economies: Environmental turbulence, institutional voids and sustainability trajectories. International Journal of Production Economics, 167: 156-169.
- Soosay, C.A. and P. Hyland, 2015. A decade of supply chain collaboration and directions for future research. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 20(6): 613-630.
- Srinivasan, R. and M. Swink, 2018. An investigation of visibility and flexibility as complements to supply chain analytics: An organizational information processing theory perspective. Production and Operations Management, 27(10): 1849-1867.
- Taticchi, P., P. Garengo, S.S. Nudurupati, F. Tonelli and R. Pasqualino, 2015. A review of decision-support tools and performance measurement and sustainable supply chain management. International Journal of Production Research, 53(21): 6473-6494.
- Tipu, S.A.A., K. Fantazy and V. Kumar, 2019. An empirical examination of the effects of the attributes of supply chain openness on organizational performance. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 26(3): 788-814.
- Wong, C.W., K.-h. Lai and E.W. Bernroider, 2015. The performance of contingencies of supply chain information integration: The roles of product and market complexity. International Journal of Production Economics, 165: 1-11.
- ZareMehrjerdi, Y. and M. Alipoor, 2016. A system dynamics model for joint upstream and downstream partner selection in a supply chain consisting of suppliers and retailers. International Journal of Industrial Engineering & Production Research, 27(4): 387-414.