Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. HSSR is a SHERPA ROMEO Green Journal.
THE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT AND INFORMATION SHARING AS ANTECEDENTS OF OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE: A CASE OF SMEs
Corresponding Author(s) : Kittisak Jermsittiparsert
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
Purpose: The basic purpose of this research is to analyze the interactive impact of IS and SCM practices factors which enable and inhibit SCM-IS on the OPER of SMEs in EC.
Methodology: The key dimensions of IS and SCM practices are attempted to be identified by this research study along with the inhibiting and enabling factors related to SCM-IS. Moreover, the study is based on a set of research hypothesis, which are tested and the findings are comparatively discussed specifically to the SMEs working in Indonesia.
Results: The role of practices related to IS and SCM as well as inhibitors and enablers of SCM-IS in OPER of SMEs in Emerging Countries has been examined timely relying on data obtained from executives of SMEs. The research contributes to the identified research gap on IS and SCM practices in a comparative aspect. Therefore, the study is among the pioneering studies on the issues. So, the current study has used SEM-PLS as a statistical tool to answer the research questions raised in this study and research objectives envisaged in the current study.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Wiroj Srihirun, ROLE OF ETHICS IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: CULTURE AS MODERATOR , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 3 (2019): May
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Aphichart Kampoomprasert, THE AGILITY, ADAPTABILITY, AND ALIGNMENT AS THE DETERMINANTS OF THE SUSTAINABLE HUMANITARIAN SUPPLY CHAIN DESIGN , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Komson Sommanawat, THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF STRATEGIC ZAKAT IN SUPPLY CHAIN AND PROFITABILITY OF THE NATIONAL ZAKAT AGENCY: A CASE STUDY FROM NATIONAL ZAKAT AGENCY INDONESIA , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Ladaporn Pithuk, EXPLORING THE NEXUS BETWEEN SUPPLY CHAIN AMBIDEXTERITY, SUPPLY CHAIN AGILITY, SUPPLY CHAIN ADAPTABILITY AND THE MARKETING SENSING OF MANUFACTURING FIRMS IN INDONESIA , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Thanaporn Sriyakul, Rofiqul Umam, Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, INTERNAL SUPPLY CHAIN INTEGRATION AND OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF INDONESIAN FASHION INDUSTRY FIRMS , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Sakapas Saengchai, Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, THE MEDIATING ROLE OF SUPPLIER NETWORK, THE MODERATING ROLE OF FLEXIBLE RESOURCES IN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LEAN MANUFACTURING PRACTICES AND THE ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 3 (2019): May
- Jutamat Sutduean, Watcharin Joemsittiprasert, Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, UNCERTAINTY AS AN ANTECEDENT OF THE SUPPLY CHAIN RISK: DOES SUPPLY CHAIN FLEXIBILITY MATTER IN RISK MITIGATION? , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Supamit Srisawat, COMPLEXITIES IN A FLEXIBLE SUPPLY CHAIN AND THE ROLE OF KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Prateep Wajeetongratana, THE FIRM’S STRATEGIC ORIENTATIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL UNCERTAINTIES AS ANTECEDENTS OF ITS SUPPLY CHAIN AGILITY , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Akman, I. and A. Mishra, 2015. Sector diversity in green information technology practices: Technology acceptance model perspective. Computers in Human Behavior, 49: 477-486.
- Avgerou, C. and G. Walsham, 2017. Information technology in context: Studies from the perspective of developing countries: Studies from the perspective of developing countries. Routledge.
- Basheer, M., M. Siam, A. Awn and S. Hassan, 2019. Exploring the role of tqm and supply chain practices for firm supply performance in the presence of information technology capabilities and supply chain technology adoption: A case of textile firms in pakistan. Uncertain Supply Chain Management, 7(2): 275-288.
- Cavico, F.J., B.G. Mujtaba, S. Muffler, M. Samuel and N.-M. Polito, 2018. Manufacturer, supermarket, and grocer liability for contaminated food and beverages due to negligence, warranty, and liability laws. Economy, 5(1): 17-39.
- Çelik, I., F. Çalik, G. Bayraktar and M. Bayram, 2018. The investigation on physical education teacher candidate's resilience, tenacity and motivation levels. Journal of Education and e-Learning Research, 5(3): 174-178.
- Chang, P., 2017. The importance performance analysis of taiwan tourism mobile marketing. Journal of Tourism Management Research, 4(1): 12-16.
- Chardine-Baumann, E. and V. Botta-Genoulaz, 2014. A framework for sustainable performance assessment of supply chain management practices. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 76: 138-147.
- Chi, Y.N., 2018. Scenario economic impact analysis of offshore fishing tournaments in ocean city. International Journal of Business, Economics and Management, 5(5): 128-134.
- Chima, P. and U. Kasim, 2018. Public-private partnership as a strategy for e-governance funding in africa: The gains and the pains. International Journal of Public Policy and Administration Research, 5(2): 37-47.
- Chin, T.A., H.H. Tat and Z. Sulaiman, 2015. Green supply chain management, environmental collaboration and sustainability performance. Procedia Cirp, 26: 695-699.
- Cockerill, M., N. Craig and A. Thurston, 2018. Teacher perceptions of the impact of peer learning in their classrooms: Using social interdependence theory as a model for data analysis and presentation. International Journal of Education and Practice, 6(1): 14-27.
- Danese, P. and P. Romano, 2011. Supply chain integration and efficiency performance: A study on the interactions between customer and supplier integration. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 16(4): 220-230.
- Deacon, E. and E. Van Rensburg, 2018. Emotional and social competence in school beginners: An intervention programme for teachers and therapists. American Journal of Education and Learning, 3(2): 85-92.
- Fawcett, S.E., M.W. McCarter, A.M. Fawcett, G.S. Webb and G.M. Magnan, 2015. Why supply chain collaboration fails: The socio-structural view of resistance to relational strategies. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 20(6): 648-663.
- Fernandes, A.C., P. Sampaio, M. Sameiro and H.Q. Truong, 2017. Supply chain management and quality management integration: A conceptual model proposal. International Journal of quality & reliability management, 34(1): 53-67.
- Gandhi, A.V., A. Shaikh and P.A. Sheorey, 2017. Impact of supply chain management practices on firm performance: Empirical evidence from a developing country. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 45(4): 366-384.
- Golicic, S.L. and C.D. Smith, 2013. A meta‐analysis of environmentally sustainable supply chain management practices and firm performance. Journal of supply chain management, 49(2): 78-95.
- Größler, A., B. TimenesLaugen, R. Arkader and A. Fleury, 2013. Differences in outsourcing strategies between firms in emerging and developed markets. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 33(3): 296-321.
- Hair Jr, J.F., G.T.M. Hult, C. Ringle and M. Sarstedt, 2016. A primer on partial least squares structural equation modeling (pls-sem). Sage publications.
- Heinrich, R., P. Merkle, J. Henss and B. Paech, 2017. Integrating business process simulation and information system simulation for performance prediction. Software & Systems Modeling, 16(1): 257-277.
- Ho, T.C., N.H. Ahmad and T. Ramayah, 2016. Competitive capabilities and business performance among manufacturing smes: Evidence from an emerging economy, malaysia. Journal of Asia-Pacific Business, 17(1): 37-58.
- JavadianKootanaee, A., K.N. Babu and H. Talari, 2013. Just-in-time manufacturing system: From introduction to implement. Nagendra and Talari, Hamid, Just-In-Time Manufacturing System: From Introduction to Implement (March 1, 2013).
- Kasemsap, K., 2018. The role of information system within enterprise architecture and their impact on business performance. In: Global business expansion: Concepts, methodologies, tools, and applications. IGI Global: pp: 1078-1102.
- Koh, S. and K. Tan, 2006. Translating knowledge of supply chain uncertainty into business strategy and actions. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 17(4): 472-485.
- Miocevic, D. and B. Crnjak-Karanovic, 2012. The mediating role of key supplier relationship management practices on supply chain orientation—the organizational buying effectiveness link. Industrial Marketing Management, 41(1): 115-124.
- Nair, A., C. Ataseven and P.M. Swamidass, 2013. An examination of the use of manufacturing technologies and performance implications in us plants with different export intensities. International Journal of Production Research, 51(11): 3283-3299.
- Nurizman, N.J. and V. Singla, 2017. Investigation of barriers and enablers of supply chain management practices success: Case of ethiopian textile and garment factories. Journal of Supply Chain Management Systems, 6(2).
- Perçin, S. and H. Min, 2013. A hybrid quality function deployment and fuzzy decision-making methodology for the optimal selection of third-party logistics service providers. International Journal of Logistics Research and Applications, 16(5): 380-397.
- Prajogo, D., A. Oke and J. Olhager, 2016. Supply chain processes: Linking supply logistics integration, supply performance, lean processes and competitive performance. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 36(2): 220-238.
- Qrunfleh, S. and M. Tarafdar, 2014. Supply chain information systems strategy: Impacts on supply chain performance and firm performance. International Journal of Production Economics, 147: 340-350.
- Qrunfleh, S. and M. Tarafdar, 2015. Supply chain management practices–it utilisation alignment: Impact on supply chain performance and firm performance. International Journal of Business Information Systems 5, 18(4): 364-389.
- Ross, D.F., 2002. Introduction to e-supply chain management: Engaging technology to build market-winning business partnerships. CRC Press.
- Saenz, M.J., E. Revilla and D. Knoppen, 2014. Absorptive capacity in buyer–supplier relationships: Empirical evidence of its mediating role. Journal of Supply Chain Management, 50(2): 18-40.
- Sharma, S.K. and V. Kumar, 2015. Optimal selection of third-party logistics service providers using quality function deployment and taguchi loss function. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 22(7): 1281-1300.
- Tatoglu, E., E. Bayraktar, I. Golgeci, S.L. Koh, M. Demirbag and S. Zaim, 2016. How do supply chain management and information systems practices influence operational performance? Evidence from emerging country smes. International Journal of Logistics Research and Applications, 19(3): 181-199.
- Wong, C., H. Skipworth, J. Godsell and N. Achimugu, 2012. Towards a theory of supply chain alignment enablers: A systematic literature review. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 17(4): 419-437.
- Wu, S.P.-J., D.W. Straub and T.-P. Liang, 2015. How information technology governance mechanisms and strategic alignment influence organizational performance: Insights from a matched survey of business and it managers. Mis Quarterly, 39(2): 497-518.
- Yilmaz, G., A. Bengtson and A. Hadjikhani, 2015. Internationalization of firms from new emerging markets in other new emerging markets: Opportunity development of a turkish firm in romania. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 195: 982-992.
- Yu, W., M.A. Jacobs, W.D. Salisbury and H. Enns, 2013. The effects of supply chain integration on customer satisfaction and financial performance: An organizational learning perspective. International Journal of Production Economics, 146(1): 346-358.