Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. HSSR is a SHERPA ROMEO Green Journal.
THE FIRM’S STRATEGIC ORIENTATIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL UNCERTAINTIES AS ANTECEDENTS OF ITS SUPPLY CHAIN AGILITY
Corresponding Author(s) : Prateep Wajeetongratana
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
Purpose: The main objective of the current study is exploring the impact of firm’s strategic orientation on the supply chain agility. In addition to that the current study has examined the impact of environmental uncertainties on the agile supply chain. Therefore, the study is among the pioneering studies on the issues. This research study contributes to the existing literature.
Methodology: The research has worked on the need for analyzing the influence of supply chain and market orientation on supply chain agility of a firm so, current study has used hierarchal regression as statistical tool to answer the research questions raised in this study and research objectives envisaged in the current study.
Results: The findings of the current study have provided support to with the proposed. The results have shown that the along with customer focus approach the firms are also following the production focus approach. The findings pf the study will be helpful for policy makers in understanding the issues related to integration supply chain management. In author knower this is among few pioneering studies on these issues.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Wiroj Srihirun, ROLE OF ETHICS IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: CULTURE AS MODERATOR , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 3 (2019): May
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Aphichart Kampoomprasert, THE AGILITY, ADAPTABILITY, AND ALIGNMENT AS THE DETERMINANTS OF THE SUSTAINABLE HUMANITARIAN SUPPLY CHAIN DESIGN , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Somdech Rungsrisawat, THE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT AND INFORMATION SHARING AS ANTECEDENTS OF OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE: A CASE OF SMEs , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Komson Sommanawat, THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF STRATEGIC ZAKAT IN SUPPLY CHAIN AND PROFITABILITY OF THE NATIONAL ZAKAT AGENCY: A CASE STUDY FROM NATIONAL ZAKAT AGENCY INDONESIA , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Ladaporn Pithuk, EXPLORING THE NEXUS BETWEEN SUPPLY CHAIN AMBIDEXTERITY, SUPPLY CHAIN AGILITY, SUPPLY CHAIN ADAPTABILITY AND THE MARKETING SENSING OF MANUFACTURING FIRMS IN INDONESIA , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Thanaporn Sriyakul, Rofiqul Umam, Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, INTERNAL SUPPLY CHAIN INTEGRATION AND OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF INDONESIAN FASHION INDUSTRY FIRMS , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Sakapas Saengchai, Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, THE MEDIATING ROLE OF SUPPLIER NETWORK, THE MODERATING ROLE OF FLEXIBLE RESOURCES IN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LEAN MANUFACTURING PRACTICES AND THE ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 3 (2019): May
- Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, Supamit Srisawat, COMPLEXITIES IN A FLEXIBLE SUPPLY CHAIN AND THE ROLE OF KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
- Jutamat Sutduean, Watcharin Joemsittiprasert, Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, UNCERTAINTY AS AN ANTECEDENT OF THE SUPPLY CHAIN RISK: DOES SUPPLY CHAIN FLEXIBILITY MATTER IN RISK MITIGATION? , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Altinay, L., M. Madanoglu, G. De Vita, H. Arasli and Y. Ekinci, 2016. The interface between organizational learning capability, entrepreneurial orientation, and sme growth. Journal of Small Business Management, 54(3): 871-891.https://doi.org/10.1111/jsbm.12219
- Armario, J.M., D.M. Ruiz and E.M. Armario, 2008. Market orientation and internationalization in small and medium‐sized enterprises. Journal of Small Business Management, 46(4): 485-511.
- Basheer, M., M. Siam, A. Awn and S. Hassan, 2019. Exploring the role of tqm and supply chain practices for firm supply performance in the presence of information technology capabilities and supply chain technology adoption: A case of textile firms in pakistan. Uncertain Supply Chain Management, 7(2): 275-288.
- Braunscheidel, M.J. and N.C. Suresh, 2009. The organizational antecedents of a firm's supply chain agility for risk mitigation and response. Journal of operations Management, 27(2): 119-140.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jom.2008.09.006
- Brusset, X., 2016. Does supply chain visibility enhance agility? International Journal of Production Economics, 171: 46-59.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2015.10.005
- Chan, A.T., E.W. Ngai and K.K. Moon, 2017. The effects of strategic and manufacturing flexibilities and supply chain agility on firm performance in the fashion industry. European Journal of Operational Research, 259(2): 486-499.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2016.11.006
- Eckstein, D., M. Goellner, C. Blome and M. Henke, 2015. The performance impact of supply chain agility and supply chain adaptability: The moderating effect of product complexity. International Journal of Production Research, 53(10): 3028-3046.https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2014.970707
- Eikenberry, K.W., 2013. The limits of counterinsurgency doctrine in afghanistan: The other side of the coin. Foreign Aff., 92: 59.
- Esper, T.L., C. Clifford Defee and J.T. Mentzer, 2010. A framework of supply chain orientation. The International Journal of Logistics Management, 21(2): 161-179.https://doi.org/10.1108/09574091011071906
- Fawcett, S.E., C. Wallin, C. Allred, A.M. Fawcett and G.M. Magnan, 2011. Information technology as an enabler of supply chain collaboration: A dynamic‐capabilities perspective. Journal of Supply Chain Management, 47(1): 38-59.https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-493X.2010.03213.x
- Felipe Scavarda, L., A. Reichhart, S. Hamacher and M. Holweg, 2010. Managing product variety in emerging markets. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 30(2): 205-224. https://doi.org/10.1108/01443571011018716
- Fraj, E., J. Matute and I. Melero, 2015. Environmental strategies and organizational competitiveness in the hotel industry: The role of learning and innovation as determinants of environmental success. Tourism Management, 46: 30-42.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2014.05.009
- Gligor, D.M., 2014. The role of demand management in achieving supply chain agility. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 19(5/6): 577-591.https://doi.org/10.1108/SCM-10-2013-0363
- Gligor, D.M., C.L. Esmark and M.C. Holcomb, 2015. Performance outcomes of supply chain agility: When should you be agile? Journal of Operations Management, 33: 71-82.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jom.2014.10.008
- Gligor, D.M. and M.C. Holcomb, 2012. Understanding the role of logistics capabilities in achieving supply chain agility: A systematic literature review. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 17(4): 438-453.https://doi.org/10.1108/13598541211246594
- Gligor, D.M., M.C. Holcomb and J. Feizabadi, 2016. An exploration of the strategic antecedents of firm supply chain agility: The role of a firm's orientations. International Journal of Production Economics, 179: 24-34.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2016.05.008
- Hafeez, M.H., M.F. Basheer, M. Rafique and S.H. Siddiqui, 2018. Exploring the links between tqm practices, business innovativeness and firm performance: An emerging market perspective. Pakistan Journal of Social Sciences (PJSS), 38(2): 485-500.
- Hair Jr, J.F., M. Sarstedt, L. Hopkins and V.G. Kuppelwieser, 2014. Partial least squares structural equation modeling (pls-sem) an emerging tool in business research. European Business Review, 26(2): 106-121.https://doi.org/10.1108/EBR-10-2013-0128
- Inusah, N., 2018. Toda-yamamoto granger no-causality analysis of stock market growth and economic growth in ghana. Journal of Accounting, Business and Finance Research, 3(1): 36-46.https://doi.org/10.20448/2002.31.36.46
- Ipole, P.A., A.O. Agba and J.T. Okpa, 2018. Existing working conditions and labour unions agitations in cross river state civil service, nigeria. Global Journal of Social Sciences Studies, 4(1): 39-51.https://doi.org/10.20448/807.4.1.39.51
- Islam, S., T. Nahar, J. Begum, M. Khatun and M. Hossain, 2018. Marketing and financial analysis of milk production-a value chain perspective. Asian Development Policy Review, 6(1): 32-40.https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.107.2018.61.32.40
- Jamal, S.H., S. Amat, N. Subhi and M.F.M. Ghazali, 2018. Competency of counsellors in handling gay and lesbian clients in malaysia. International Journal of Asian Social Science, 8(9): 638-650.https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.1.2018.89.638.650
- Jennifer, C. and Y.N. Chi, 2018. Profiling saltwater recreational anglers toward the threats of marine environment. International Journal of Management and Sustainability, 7(2): 72-82. https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.11.2018.72.72.82
- Johar, M., M.T. Hidayat and R.A. Latif, 2017. An invention of baton dance? Exercise regime on obesity diagnosis among sedentary adults. International Journal of Asian Social Science, 7(1): 54-62.https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.1/2017.7.1/184.108.40.206
- Jraid, O. and M. Alhanaqtah, 2018. Cultural diversity in western asia: Econometric modeling of trust and ranking by homogeneity. Asian Journal of Economic Modelling, 6(2): 121-134.https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.8.2018.62.121.134
- Jüttner, U., M. Christopher and S. Baker, 2007. Demand chain management-integrating marketing and supply chain management. Industrial marketing management, 36(3): 377-392.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2005.10.003
- Li, X., T.J. Goldsby and C.W. Holsapple, 2009. Supply chain agility: Scale development. The International Journal of Logistics Management, 20(3): 408-424.https://doi.org/10.1108/09574090911002841
- Lu, Y., S. Ramamurthy and G. Goszczynski, 2012. An aging assessment on ex-service alloy 800 steam generator tubing. Nuclear engineering and design, 242: 91-99.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2011.09.040
- Min, S., J.T. Mentzer and R.T. Ladd, 2007. A market orientation in supply chain management. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 35(4): 507.https://doi.org/10.1007/s11747-007-0020-x
- Prajogo, D.I., 2016. The strategic fit between innovation strategies and business environment in delivering business performance. International Journal of Production Economics, 171: 241-249.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2015.07.037
- Qrunfleh, S. and M. Tarafdar, 2014. Supply chain information systems strategy: Impacts on supply chain performance and firm performance. International Journal of Production Economics, 147: 340-350.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2012.09.018
- Qu, R. and C.T. Ennew, 2008. Does business environment matter to the development of a market orientation? Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 24(4): 271-283.https://doi.org/10.1080/10548400802156745
- Sebastiao, H.J. and S. Golicic, 2008. Supply chain strategy for nascent firms in emerging technology markets. Journal of Business Logistics, 29(1): 75-91.https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2158-1592.2008.tb00069.x
- Swafford, P.M., S. Ghosh and N. Murthy, 2008. Achieving supply chain agility through it integration and flexibility. International Journal of Production Economics, 116(2): 288-297.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2008.09.002
- Taghian, M., 2010. Marketing planning: Operationalising the market orientation strategy. Journal of marketing Management, 26(9-10): 825-841.https://doi.org/10.1080/02672571003683813
- Verhees, F.J. and M.T. Meulenberg, 2004. Market orientation, innovativeness, product innovation, and performance in small firms. Journal of small business management, 42(2): 134-154.https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-627X.2004.00102.x