Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
ADVERSITY QUOTIENT IN IMPROVING MILLENNIAL GENERATION SALESPEOPLE'S PERFORMANCE IN THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION 4.0
Corresponding Author(s) : Christian Wiradendi Wolor
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 8 No. 1 (2020): January
Purpose of the study: The paper aims to address the knowledge gap in understanding the relationship between AQ and the performance of millennial generation salespeople.
Methodology: This study uses a qualitative approach in a systematic review. This is used to synthesize(summarizing) qualitative descriptive research results.
Main Findings: The findings indicate that there is a positive relationship between adversity quotient on the performance of millennial generation salespeople.
Applications of this study: The study shows the importance of companies adopting AQ for millennial generation salespeople by training salespeople, especially in guiding them, to provide flexible space to make decisions, and explore their capabilities in the field of technology in achieving performance targets set by the company.
Novelty/Originality of this study: The results contribute to the literature by providing main factors of adversity quotient to achieve the performance of millennial generation salespeople on Industrial Revolution 4.0.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Alhajjar, A. A. et al. (2018) ‘Driving Industry 4. 0 Business Through Talent Management of Human Resource System : The Conceptual Framework for Banking Industry’, World Journal of Research and Review, 7(3), pp. 53–57.
- Berkah, D. and Sawarjuwono, T. (2019) ‘Inheritance Wealth Distribution Model And Its Implication To Economy’, Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews, 7(3), pp. 1–10. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2019.731
- Devaney, S. A. (2015) ‘Understanding the Millennial Generation’, Journal Of Financial Service Professionals, (November), pp. 11–15.
- Espaňola, R. P. (2016) ‘Adversity Quotient (AQ) and Academic Performance of Selected Students in MSU Marawi City’, in International Conference in Education, Psychology, and Social Science. https://doi.org/10.21016/ICEPSS.2016.MA09WF124O
- Faulkner, J. (2013) ‘“ Generation Screwed ” - Are US youths opting or being forced out of society ?’, Journal of Futures Studies, 17(March), pp. 131–134.
- Hartini, H., Fakhrorazi, A. and Islam, R. (2019) ‘The Effects Of Cultural Intelligence On Task Performance And Contextual Performance : An Empirical Study On Public Sector Employees In Malaysia’, Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews, 7(1), pp. 215–227. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2019.7126
- Hastuti, T. D., Sari, D. R. and Riyadi (2017) ‘Student profile with high adversity quotient in math learning’, International Conference on Mathematics, Science and Education. https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/983/1/012131
- Hecklau, F. et al. (2016) ‘Holistic Approach for Human Resource Management in Industry 4.0’, Procedia CIRP. The Author(s), 54, pp. 1–6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procir.2016.05.102
- Hema, G., and Gupta, S. M. (2015) ‘Adversity Quotient for Prospective Higher Education’, The International Journal of Indian Psychology, 2(3).
- Islam, R. et al. (2019) ‘Impact Of Global Leadership Behaviors On Performance Of Multinational Companies’, Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews, 7(3), pp. 661–670. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2019.7397
- Jessen, J. T. (2015) ‘Public governance-constraints and challenges for social work practice’, Journal of Comparative Social Work, 2, pp. 1–23. https://doi.org/10.31265/jcsw.v10i2.127
- Khuong, M. N. and Hoang Quoc, T. (2016) ‘The Effects of Organizational Justice and Ethical Leadership on Employee Performance in Binh Duong’s Industrial Parks, Vietnam’, Journal of Economics, Business and Management, 4(4), pp. 327–333. https://doi.org/10.18178/joebm.2016.4.4.412
- Listiawati, N. and Sebayang, S. K. (2019) ‘The Association Between Sociodemographic Factors And Teachers “Guidance Towards Students” Adversity Quotient’, International Journal of Education, 11(2), pp. 109–116. https://doi.org/10.17509/ije.v11i2.15341
- Mangkunegara, A. A. A. P. and Miftahuddin (2016) ‘The Effect of Transformational Leadership and Job Satisfaction on Employee Performance’, Universal Journal of Management, 4(4), pp. 189–195. doi: https://doi.org/10.13189/ujm.2016.040404
- Moreno, F. M. et al. (2017) ‘The Characterization of the Millennials and Their Buying Behavior’, International Journal of Marketing Studies, 9(5), pp. 135–144. https://doi.org/10.5539/ijms.v9n5p135
- Murphy, E. F., Gibson, J. W. and Greenwood, R. (2010) ‘Analyzing generational values among managers and non-managers for sustainable organizational effectiveness’, SAM Advanced Management Journal, 75(1).
- Nikam, V. B., and Uplane, M. M. (2013) ‘Adversity Quotient and Defense Mechanism of Secondary School Students’, Universal Journal of Educational Research, 1(February 2010), pp. 303–308. doi: 10.13189/ujer.2013.010405.
- Özçelik, G. (2015) ‘Engagement and Retention of the Millennial Generation in the Workplace through Internal Branding’, International Journal of Business and Management, 10(3), pp. 99–107. https://doi.org/10.5539/ijbm.v10n3p99
- Paul Stoltz (1997) Adversity Quotient: Turning obstacles into opportunities. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Perry, A. and Hammond, N. (2002) ‘Systematic reviews : The experiences of a Ph.D. student’, Psychology Learning and Teaching, 2(1), pp. 32–35. https://doi.org/10.2304/plat.2002.2.1.32
- Pyöriä, P. et al. (2017) ‘The Millennial Generation : A New Breed of Labour ?’, SAGE Open, pp. 1–14. https://doi.org/10.1177/2158244017697158
- Rathee, N. and Sharma, S. (2018) ‘Adversity Quotient Among High School Students In Relation To Demographic Variables’, International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention, 7(05), pp. 33–36.
- Rizal, M. et al. (2014) ‘Effect of Compensation on Motivation, Organizational Commitment and Employee Performance (Studies at Local Revenue Management in Kendari City)’, International Journal of Business and Management Invention ISSN (Online, 3(2), pp. 2319–8028. doi: 2319-8028.
- Santos, M. C. J. (2012) ‘Assessing The Effectiveness Of The Adapted Adversity Quotient Program In A Special Education School’, Journal of Arts, Science & Commerce, 3(4).
- Schultz, R., Schwepker, C. H. and Good, D. J. (2012) ‘Generational research in the sales arena’, Innovative Marketing, 8(1).
- Shaki, R. and Khoshsaligheh, M. (2017) ‘Personality Type And Translation Performance Of Persian Translator Trainees’, Indonesian Journal of Applied Linguistics, 7(2), pp. 360–370. https://doi.org/10.17509/ijal.v7i2.8348
- Smith, T. J., and Nichols, T. (2015) ‘Understanding the Millennial Generation’, Journal of Business Diversity, 15(May).
- Suprianto, G. B. and Novanto, Y. (2016) ‘Influence of Adversity Quotient and Family ’ s Social Support towards Achievement Motivation among Finswimming Athletes in Surabaya Influence Adversity Quotient and Social Support Family to Achieve Motivation Finswimming Athletes in Surabaya’, in Asean Conference E 2nd Psychology & Humanity.
- Tan, S. K., and Yusoff, W. F. W. (2012) ‘Generation X & Y and Their Work Motivation’, Proceedings International Conference of Technology Management, Business and Entrepreneurship, (December 2012).
- Tigchelaar, L. and Bekhet, K. E. (2015) ‘The relationship of Adversity Quotient and Personal Demographic Profile of Private Business Leaders in Egypt’, International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research, 1, pp. 403–422.
- Utomo, P. and Budiastuti, D. (2019) ‘Practiced Culture Toward Firm Competitiveness Performance : Evidence from Indonesia’, Social Sciences & Humanities, 27, pp. 113–124.
- Venkatesh, J. and Shivaranjani, G. (2015) ‘Adversity Quotient Profile : An Effective Psychometric tool to hire the finest aspirant for contemporary organizations’, Scholars Journal of Economics, Business and Management, 2(12), pp. 1159–1164.
- Vinas, D. K. D., and Aquino-malabanan, M. G. (2015) ‘Adversity Quotient and Coping Strategies of College Students in Lyceum of the Philippines University’, Asia Pacific Journal of Education, Arts and Sciences, 2(3).
- Woo, H. Y. and Song, J. H. (2015) ‘The Factors Affecting the Adversity Quotient of Nurses and Office Workers’, International Journal of Bio-Science and Bio-Technology, 7(5), pp. 1–10. https://doi.org/10.14257/ijbsbt.2015.7.5.01
- Yigit, S. and Aksay, K. (2015) ‘A Comparison between Generation X and Generation Y in Terms of Individual Innovativeness Behavior : The Case of Turkish Health Professionals’, International Journal of Business Administration, 6(2). https://doi.org/10.5430/ijba.v6n2p106