This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
SOCIO-EDUCATIONAL IDEA OF EDUCATORS AND EDUCATORS OF THE SECOND HALF OF THE XIX - EARLY OF THE XX CENTURY
Corresponding Author(s) : Olha Matros
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 8 No. 2 (2020): March(2020)
Purpose of the study: This study aims to find out the changes in the historical and pedagogical process of the late 19th – early 20th centuries and to identify the influence of prominent pedagogues and scholars Oleksiy Andrievsky, Ivan Luchytsky and Nyky for Hryhoriv on the socio-educational process of that time.
Methodology: To achieve the goal of the study authors implied theoretical method to provide scientific literary sources analysis, general-scientific method, for instance, analysis, synthesis, comparison of received information and scientific-historical method making chronological and logic-historical analysis.
Main Findings: It was revealed that studied authors stated valuable pedagogical ideas on various problems of a pedagogical science and has become an important factor in the educational revival in the difficult conditions of the socio-educational and cultural life of Ukraine in the second half of the 19th – early 20th century.
Applications of this study: This study provides information that is of particular interest for teachers of Ukrainian literature, researchers and historians, due to political processes for a long time these persons remained taboo for domestic researchers. It was revealed the socio-education tendencies of the late 19th – early 20th centuries and thoroughly examined the work of prominent pedagogues of that time it will start new researches and run new results.
Novelty/Originality of this study: Scientific heritage of Oleksiy Andrievsky, Ivan Luchytsky and NykyforHryhoriv due to political processes for a long time remained taboo for domestic researchers. Therefore, the analysis and understanding of educators’ views on socio-educational ideas are particularly important.
- Agarkova, N. (2018). The specific features of the primary school development at the eastern Ukrainian territories in the second half of the 19th - the beginning of the 20th century. In S. T. Zolotukhina& I. M. Trubavina (eds.), Educational Studios: Theory and Practice monograph. Prague-Vienna: Premier Publishing.
- Andrievsky, O. O. (1902a). What measures are needed to improve physical education in the secondary school? The report of the Odessa Department of Russian Public Health Care Association 1901-1902. Odessa, 113-145.
- Andrievsky, O. O. (1902b). On the reformation of the city’s orphanage. IzvestiyaOdesskoyGorodskoyDumy, 1, 1-20.
- Anosov, I. P., Elkin, M. V., Golovkova, M. M., Anatoliivna, A., Korobchenko, &Oksa, M. M. (2015). The Humanistic Approach to Upbringing and Education in the Creative Legacy of the Ukrainian Pedagogues of the Second Half of the 19th Century. International Education Studies, 8(6), 171-175. https://doi.org/10.5539/ies.v8n6p171
- Bashkir, O. (2016). The program of pedagogical disciplines in pedagogical educational institutions in Ukraine (the 30s of the 20th century). International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences, 74, 26-32. https://doi.org/10.18052/www.scipress.com/ILSHS.74.26
- Bekh, I. D. (2003). Educationofapersonality, in two volumes (Vol. 2: Person-oriented approach, scientific and practical principles). Kyiv: Lybid.
- Bekh, I. D. (n.d.). Person-oriented educational model as a scientific construct. Retrieved from: http://library.udpu.org.ua/library_files/psuh_pedagog_probl_silsk_shkolu/3/vupysk_21.pdf.
- Berezivska, L. D. (1999). EducationalactivityofKyiveducatingorganizations (second half of 19th – early 20th centuries). Kyiv: Molod.
- Bevz, T. A. (2007). Formation of Ukrainian’s national consciousness (on the example of N.Hryhoriv’s worldview formation). Ukrainoznavstvo, 4, 122.
- Bevz, T. A.(n.d.). Party of national interests and social perspectives. Retrieved from: http://www.ipiend.gov.ua/img/monograph/file/Bevz_46.pdf.
- Bondarenko, T. (n.d.). Tireless populist NychypirYakovychHryhoriv. Retrieved from:http://kraeznavstvo.at.ua/news/2009-08-27-20.
- Campbell, M. &Sovhar, O.M. (2016). System of education in Galicia at the end of the XIX-th – beginning of the XX-th century. Molodyvcheny, 1(28(2)).
- Chávez, S. A. R., & Quijije, K. K. B. (2018). A Challenge for Teachers of Inclusive Higher Education. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 5(2), 129-135. https://doi.org/10.21744/irjmis.v5i2.628
- Goncharenko, N. V. (2015). Methods of teaching foreign languages in non-classical secondary schools (the latter half of the 19th — early 20th centuries). Naukovi Pratsi MAUP, “pedagogichni nauky”, 44, 20-26.
- Goncharenko, S. (1997). Ukrainian pedagogical dictionary. Kyiv: Lybid.
- Haldorai and A. Ramu, Eds., “Big Data Analytics for Sustainable Computing,” Advances in Data Mining and Database Management, 2020. https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-5225-9750-6
- Hryhoriv, N. (1912). Morality (nature, content, history, and norms). St. Petersburg.
- Hryhoriv, N. (1917). On teaching children about native history. Kyiv: Ridnashkola.
- Hryhoriv, N. (1941). Ukrainian national character. Winnipeg, Manitoba: Ukrainskavydavnychaspilka.
- Krisnanda, P. H., & Surya, I. B. K. (2019). Effect of emotional and spiritual intelligence on transformational leadership and impact on employee performance. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 6(3), 70-82. https://doi.org/10.21744/irjmis.v6n3.634
- Lestari, I. A. P. W., &Wibawa, I. M. A. (2019). Job satisfaction mediating towards the effect of emotional intelligence on performance. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 6(5), 158-166. https://doi.org/10.21744/irjmis.v6n5.713
- Lutaieva, T. (2017). Moral and ethical education of youth in the scientific and pedagogical heritage of Slobozhanshchina scholars (the second half of the 19th – early 20th century). Advanced Education, 7, 73-79. https://doi.org/10.20535/2410-8286.92056
- Luzan, P. G., Vasyuk, V. E. &Bernava, A. M. (2006). History of pedagogy and education in Ukraine. Kyiv, Ukraine: National agrarian University.
- Maba, W., Perdata, I. B. K., & Putra, I. G. N. N. (2018). Classroom action research practices of state high school teachers in Bali province. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 5(5), 54-60. https://doi.org/10.21744/irjmis.v5n5.288
- Maba, W., Perdata, I. B. K., Astawa, I. N., & Mantra, I. B. N. (2018). Conducting assessment instrument models for teacher competence, teacher welfare as an effort to enhance education quality. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 5(3), 46-52. https://doi.org/10.21744/irjmis.v5i3.667
- Macías, EIP, Cedeño, HAC, & Chávez, GMR (2018). Importance of Improving Resilience in the Teaching-Learning Process of Students with Disabilities. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 5 (2), 120-128. https://doi.org/10.21744/irjmis.v5i2.626
- Manuscript Institute of the Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine(1900-1909). Kyiv organizations of literacy, charity, and contribution to the elementary education on the issue of assistance in organizations functioning, fundraising and establishing of “Public House” and expansion of “Public Audience.” Fund 66, Ivan VasyliovychLuchytsky, no. 319.
- Manuscript Institute of the Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine(1906). Letter to Maria Luchytska requesting to donate all her publications to the library of Higher Women’s Courses in Kazan. Fund III, complex fund of lettering. Collection of letters of prominent academic, culture and education figures of 17th-20th centuries, no. 553.
- Merta, I. N. (2019). Interpersonal communication between lecturers with students in Wira Bhakti Denpasar College. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 6(1), 55-62. https://doi.org/10.21744/irjmis.v6n1.581
- Mora, MM, Espinosa, MR, & Delgado, MR (2018). The approach of Processes for the Distribution of Economic Resources in the Public University of Ecuador. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 5 (1), 25-35. https://doi.org/10.21744/irjmis.v5i1.591
- Nemensky, O. B. (2016). Eastern journey of MeletiusSmotrytsky. Slavianskiyalmanakh, 3-4, 46-55.
- Onopriyenko, V. I. (2004). VolodymyrIvanovychLuchytsky 1877-1949 (ed. I. I. Molchanov). Moscow: Nauka.
- Panasenko, E. (2018). Logic and structure of the historical-pedagogical research: the retrospective discourse of the experiment. In S. T. Zolotukhina& I. M. Trubavina (eds.), Educational Studios: Theory and Practice monograph. Prague-Vienna: Premier Publishing.
- R. Arulmurugan, K. R. Sabarmathi, and H. Anandakumar (2017), “Classification of sentence-level sentiment analysis using cloud machine learning techniques,” Cluster Computing, vol. 22, no. S1, pp. 1199–1209. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10586-017-1200-1
- Rozhdestvensky, S. V. (1902). Historical overview of the activity of the Ministry of Public Education (1802-1902). St. Petersburg: Ministry of Public Education.
- Sanjaya, D. B. (2017). Reconstructing local wisdom based character education for sekaaterunateruni in DesaPakramanUbud Bali. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 4(2), 190-197. https://doi.org/10.21744/irjmis.v4i2.434
- Seiko, N. A. (2006). Beneficence in the field of education (19th – early 20th centuries). Kyiv educational district. Zhytomyr: ZhDUim. I. Franka.
- Shushara, T. V. (2013). The formation and development of high pedagogical education in Ukraine in the XIX century. Sovremennye Issledovaniya Sotsialnykh Problem, 8 (28), 18. https://doi.org/10.12731/2218-7405-2013-8-18
- Suastra, I. W. (2017). Balinese local wisdom and their implications in science education at school. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 4(2), 48-57. Retrieved from https://sloap.org/journals/index.php/irjmis/article/view/446
- Sukhomlynska, O. (2003a). History of pedagogics as a study and as a subject: important problems. ShliakhOsvity, 1, 43.
- Sukhomlynska, O. (2003b). Personalityinthehistoricalandpedagogicaldiscourse. ShliakhOsvity, 4, 10.
- SumanRajest S, Dr. P. Suresh (2018), “21st Century Learners’ Student-Centered Learning Various Stages” in International Conference, Age and Content in Journey of Language by VISTAS (Tamil Department), Volume: I, Issue I, Page No.: 474-492.
- SumanRajest S, Dr. P. Suresh (2018), “Necessary Heads Which are Used for Writing a Scholarly Journal” in New Man International Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies, Volume: V, Issue III, Page No.: 5-21.
- SumanRajest S, Dr. P. Suresh (2018), “The “Four Cs” Education For 21st Century’s Learners” in Research Guru Online Journal of Multidisciplinary Subjects, Volume: XII, Issue I, Page No.: 888-900.
- Suryanata, I. G. N. P., &Pemayun, A. G. P. (2018). Contribution of business society credit increasing for society income. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 5(4), 71-79. https://doi.org/10.21744/irjmis.v5n4.265
- Yadnya, P., Suprasto, H. B., Dwirandra, A. A. N. B., &Suaryana, I. G. N. A. (2019). Success implementation of the online technology information system on market cooperative kumbasariDenpasar. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 6(6), 135-145. https://doi.org/10.21744/irjmis.v6n6.780
- Zolotukhina, S., Zelenska, L. & Kin O. (2018). Committees for improving young people’s everyday life as a phenomenon of public activity of students in 20-ies years of the XX century. In S. T. Zolotukhina& I. M. Trubavina (eds.), Educational Studios: Theory and Practice monograph. Prague-Vienna: Premier Publishing.