This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. HSSR is a SHERPA ROMEO Green Journal.
TELEVISION PROGRAMS TRENDS TOWARDS PROMOTING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT VALUES: AN ANALYTICAL STUDY
Corresponding Author(s) : Afnan Mohammed Shaba
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 8 No. 3 (2020): May
Purpose: Determine TV program trends towards promoting sustainable development values, and analyze program content, and clarifying the role of development media in supporting the values of sustainable development to the public.
Methodology: The descriptive method was used to analyze the content to test the variables and analyze them quantitatively and qualitatively. The number of samples used reached (24) episodes from two TV programs. Reliability tested using retest with Spearman stabilizer.
Main Findings: TV satellite channels are concerned with sustainable economic, environmental, social, cultural, religious and health issues of development, countered by the weak interest in educational and educational issues, programs seek to achieve the goals of media, news, awareness, and guidance, as well as providing various TV forms, Most notably the interview and the report.
Implications: This study found in order to develop the work of television programs towards new issues that are sustainable development and the importance of public awareness of the necessity of employing them in areas of life and improving plans for managing countries towards attention to sustainability and its impact on setting a good future for society.
Novelty/Originality of this study: This Research raises the topic of sustainable development and the trends of development media and television programs towards their promotion in the society.
- Abdel-Baqi, A. S. (2010). University education and development of some values of sustainable development among students, unpublished Master Thesis, .egypt: College of Education, Zagazig University, p. 74.
- Abdel-Qader, Y. (2015). The Role of Mass Communication in Human Development, Unpublished Master Thesis. .: Faculty of Information, Omdurman Islamic University.
- Abu Al-Nasr, M. (2007). Management and Development of Human Resources, Contemporary Trends. Cairo: The Nile Arab Publishing Group, p. 55.
- Adeeb, A. S. (2008). The Dimensions of Sustainable Development, The Democratic Approach, p. 10.
- Al-Dagher, M. M.-J. (2012). the role of the media and communication in supporting sustainable development plans in Arab countries, a study on the role of journalism in addressing sustainable development problems by applying to a sample of Arab daily newspapers from 2005-2007. Annals of arts and social sciences, 33, 75-230.
- Al-Hamdani, R. M. (2019). The Media and its Role in Supporting Sustainable Development from the Viewpoint of University Professors. Route Educational & Social Science Journal, 3(6).
- Al-Hasanat, F. (2011). Contemporary Media and Development. Amman: Osama House for Publishing and Distribution, p. 227.
- Al-Jallad, H. A. ( 2018). The values of sustainable development among secondary education students: a field study. Journal of the College of Education - Al-Azhar University, 178(37).
- Al-Qayim, K. H. (2012). Methods and Methods of Writing Scientific Research in Humanities (1 ed.). Baghdad: Hammurabi Center for Research and Strategic Studies, p. 112.
- Al-Qurashi, O. F. (2017, December). a proposed vision for developing the values of tolerance among secondary education students. Journal of the College of Education, 176(1), 367.
- Al-Tamimi, M. O. (2008). Trends of cultural programs in Al-Hurra Iraq channel and study of the content analysis of the cultural program, Doors in Al-Hurra Iraq channel, as a model for the period from 1/6 - 5/31/2007. Master Thesis, University of Baghd,p.176.
- Amin, R. A. ( 2005). The Egyptian elites’ uses of electronic journalism and its impact on their relationship with paper journalism, Ph.D. thesis. Al-Azhar University, Faculty of Arabic Language, Department of Information, pp. 58-63.
- Badisi, W. B. (2017). The curator of mbc3 channel programs directed at children. Al-Maayar Magazine(42), 504.
- Council, m. o. (2012). education for sustainable Development in Canadian. Canada: faculties of education.p 10.
- Derek, O.& Amy, C., and Farooq.u. (2015). UNIVERSAL SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS Understanding the Transformational Challenge for Developed Countries REPORT OF A STUDY BY STAKEHOLDER FORUM. https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/.
- Development, h. P. (n.d.). Promote sustainable development.
- Emirates_TV. (2019). https://ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/.
- Faiq, M. (2007). Development and Human Rights. Alexandria: Alexandria Conference, p. 54.
- Hijab, M. M. (2003). the media encyclopedia. Cairo: Al-Fajr Publishing House, p. 489.
- https://www.aljazeera.net. Sustainable Development.
- https://www.un.org/. (n.d.). Promote sustainable development.
- Hussein, S. M. (1996). Content analysis: its definitions, concepts, determinants, and basic uses (2 ed.). Cairo: The World of Books, p. 18.
- Journell, w. (2015). Learning to think politically: to word more complete disciplinary. knowledge in civics and government courses, theory and Research in social education, v.43, n.1.p 28-67 https://doi.org/10.1080/00933104.2014.1001106. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/00933104.2014.1001106
- MacFarlane. (2004). Teaching with integrity the ethics of higher education practice London and new york. new york rout ledge Falmer, P.71. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203416501 DOI: https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203416501
- Muijen, H. (2014). Integrating value education and Sustainable Development into a dutch university curriculum, Vol .5.NO-1, pp21-23. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 5(1), 21-23. https://doi.org/10.1108/14676370410512571 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/14676370410512571
- Mustafa, M. A. (2010). the role of extracurricular activities in developing the values of the basic stage from the perspective of their teachers 18 in the governorates of Gaza. Gaza: Faculty of Education, Al-Azhar University, p. 67.
- Nejadat, A. O. (2012). The role of the United Nations in spreading the cultures of peace and development in developing countries. Journal of Arts and Social Sciences, 10.
- parkok, S. (2016). Developmental Media and its Role in Achieving Sustainable Development. Journal of Studies of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, 2, 96-112.
- Patil, D. (2010). The Role of Community Radio in the Development of the Rural Poor. International Journal of Rural Studies, 17(1), 1-9.
- Shaban, A. M. (2017). The social responsibility to the visual media and its role in spreading the culture of the environment protection/field research to a sample of students of the University of Baghdad. Journal of Educational and Psychological Research, 14(55), 548.
- Shafei, M. Z. (1998). Economic Development. Cairo: Arab Renaissance Library,p.80.
- Shukry, A. M. (2005). Media Communication and Development. Cairo: Dar Al-Arabi Publishing,p.40-45.
- Sullivan, M. (2007). Center for International Media Assistance Community Radio: Its Impact and Challenges to its Development. Washington, D.C. (www.ned.org/cima/cima.html viewed 15/3/2012.
- Tawfiq, K. A. (2016). The role of media in sustainable development issues, media, and communication technology. https://www.researchgate.net/publication.