This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. HSSR is a SHERPA ROMEO Green Journal.
CIVIL PATRIOTISM GROUPS IN REGIONAL COMMUNITIES IN THE SOUTH OF RUSSIA
Corresponding Author(s) : Anna V. Vereshchagina
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 8 No. 3 (2020): May
Purpose: The purpose of the article is to study groups of civil patriotism and to highlight the features of their civil-Patriotic practices in local communities in the South of Russia.
Methodology: The sociological investigation utilized quantitative and subjective strategies, just as techniques for hypothetical understanding of the acquired experimental information. The basis of the scientific study of common nationalism bunches in Russia in the South of Russia was a lot of wellsprings of experimental data, including the aftereffects of a sociological report directed by an individual poll "up close and personal" in five subjects of the Russian Federation in the South of Russia.
Result: The results of the sociological study made it possible to distinguish two social groups in regional communities – youth and the "over 60" generation, which are currently the social basis for the development of civic patriotism, whose representatives are characterized by a desire for active social action for the good of the fatherland and its people, participation in civil practices aimed at protecting social interests, civil rights and freedoms, as well as readiness for civil liability for their deeds and actions both in the field of professional activity and in everyday life.
Applications: This research can be used for universities, teachers, and students.
Novelty/Originality: The results of a sociological study show that in local communities in the South of Russia, no more than 10% of the population can be classified as civil patriotism groups.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Baibarin, A.A., Mashkin, N.A., and Shelengovskiy, P.G. (2016). The Northwest Caucasus from ancient times to the 19th century: a historiographical review of the recent publications in the periodicals. Rusin, 46(4), 119-140. https://doi.org/10.17223/18572685/46/8 DOI: https://doi.org/10.17223/18572685/46/8
- Bubnova I.S., Khvatova M.A., Chernik V.E., Popova O.V., Prokopyev A.I., Naumov P.Yu., & Babarykin O.V. (2018). Research of professional activity features of ecologists at carrying out the public ecological examination. Ekoloji, 106, 999-1006, Article No: e106183.
- Cherdymova, E.I., Afanasjeva, S.A., Parkhomenko, A.G., Ponyavina, M.B., Yulova, E.S., Nesmeianova, I.A., and Skutelnik, O.A. (2018). Student ecological consciousness as determining component of the ecological-oriented activity. EurAsian Journal of BioSciences, 12(2), 167-174.
- Citizens and the state. (2019). Retrieved from https://www.levada.ru/2019/01/22/grazhdane-i-gosudarstvo-3/print/
- Civil activity. (2019). Retrieved from https://www.levada.ru/2019/02/13/grazhdanskaya-aktivnost/print/
- Civil patriotism – the basis of the majority. (2017). Retrieved from http: //valyanko.livejournal.com/595.html
- Faleeva, L.V., Bratukhina, E.V., Ezhov, S.G., Gorbunova, L.N., Lopanova, A.P., Viaznikova, L.F., and Kryukova, N.I. (2017). Student's social experience forming in university vocational training. Eurasian Journal of Analytical Chemistry, 12(7), 1127-1135. https://doi.org/10.12973/ejac.2017.00238a DOI: https://doi.org/10.12973/ejac.2017.00238a
- Gafiatulina, N.Kh., Makadei, L.I., Gluzman, I.V., Lozhechkina, A.D., Volkova, L.A., and Bandurin, A.P. (2019). Integration of health-saving technologies in the process of educational and professional socialization of the Russian student-age population. International Journal of Applied Exercise Physiology, 8(2), 293–300.
- Gorbunov, M.A., Fadeeva, A.V., Shirshikov, V.B., Matveev, P.A., Popova, O.V., Mitrofanova, M.Yu., Bakaeva, J.Yu., and Mashkin, N.A. (2019). Nature protection potential of wildlife sanctuary: Protection and preservation of its ecological biodiversity. Ekoloji, 107, 5033-5037, Article No: e107576.
- Gorshkova, M.K. (2016). Russian society as it is: (experience of sociological diagnosis). Moscow: New Chronograph.
- Gorshkova, M.K., and Petukhov. V.V. (2016). Russian society and the challenges of the time. Moscow: The whole world.
- Gryshai, V., Gafiatulina, N., Kasyanov, V., Velikodnaya, I., Kosinov, S., Lyubetsky, N., and Samygin, S. (2018). Social Health of Youth in the Context of Migration Processes in Russia: Assessment of the Threat to National Security. Вісник Національної академії керівних кадрів культури і мистецтв, 2, 141–145.
- Gusacov, E. (2018). Education for patriotism and the Arab-Israeli sector. International Journal of Educational Development, 60, 138-148. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijedudev.2017.11.005 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijedudev.2017.11.005
- Ishio, Y. (2010). Social bases of American patriotism: Examining the effects of dominant social statuses and socialization. Current Sociology, 58(1), 67-93. https://doi.org/10.1177/0011392109348546 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0011392109348546
- Khoo, G. C. (2014). The rise of constitutional patriotism in Malaysian civil society. Asian Studies Review, 38(3), 325-344. https://doi.org/10.1080/10357823.2013.767309 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/10357823.2013.767309
- Knox, Z. (2013). Jehovah's Witnesses as Un-Americans? Scriptural Injunctions, Civil Liberties, and Patriotism. Journal of American Studies, 47(4), 1081-1108. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0021875813001369 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0021875813001369
- Koichuev, A.A. (2011). On the problem of the study of citizenship and patriotism of Muslim youth in the North Caucasus. Islamic Studies, 1, 39–46.
- Kolesnikov, V.A. (2013). Civil patriotism and civil political culture in modern Russia. Historical, philosophical, political and legal sciences, cultural studies, and art history. Questions of theory and practice, 3(29), 84–91. (In Russ.).
- Kolesnikova, E.Yu, and Lubsky, A.V. (2018). Patriotism and citizenship among young people in the South of Russia: paradigms of sociological research. Humanitarian of the South of Russia, 5,174–183.
- Kuznetsova N.V., Soloviev A.A., Botasheva L.Kh., Lebedev I.A., Sarkisyan K.S., Kurdyumov V.I., Chistyakov K.A., and Prokopyev A.I. (2018). Bachelor's safety culture formation in the field of environmental protection. EurAsian Journal of BioSciences, 12(2), 157-166.
- Kugay, A. I. (2018). Patriotism as a Factor of Civic Identification and National Unity. Administrative Consulting. https://doi.org/10.22394/1726-1139-2018-5-152-161 DOI: https://doi.org/10.22394/1726-1139-2018-5-152-161
- Lubsky, A.V. (2019). Patriotism and citizenship in Russian society, or how to overcome the deficit of citizenship in Russian patriotism. Humanitarian of the South of Russia, 2, 47–66.
- Lubsky, A.V., and Mamina, D.A. (2019). Citizenship in the youth environment as a subject of theoretical and methodological discourse. Social and humanitarian knowledge, 7, 69–78.
- Lubsky, A.V., Kolesnykova, E.Y., and Lubsky, R.A. (2016a). Normative Type of Personality and Mental Matrix of Social Behavior in Russian Society. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(36), 1020–1023. https://doi.org/10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i36/102023 DOI: https://doi.org/10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i36/102023
- Lubsky, A.V., Kolesnykova, E.Y., and Lubsky, R.A. (2016b). Mental Programs and Social Behavior Patterns in Russian Society. International Journal of Environmental and Science Education, 11(16), 9549–9559.
- Lubsky, A.V., Volkov, Yu.G., Vereshchagina, A.V., Kolesnikova, E.Yu., and Aslanov, Ya.A. (2018). Organizational and Legal Aspects of Patriotic Practices in Regional Communities in the South of Russia. International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, 9(11), 180–189.
- Makarova, E.V., Kryukova, N.I., Sizova, Z.M., Grinenko, A.V., Erofeeva, M.A., and Bukalerova, L.A. (2019). Divergence of supreme values of the Russian world and western civilization social and philosophical analysis. EuropeanJournal of Science and Theology, 15(3), 97-107.
- Minakhmetova, A.Z., Skutelnik, O.A., Fedorchuk, Y.M., Shulga, T.I., Pavlushin, A.A., and Shagiev, B.V. (2017). The motivational and valuable orientation of teachers as a condition to form students' tolerant behavior. Man in India, 97(3), 323-332.
- Mukhametzyanova, L.Y., Aleksandrova, N.S.,Greek, A.D., Zatsepina, M.B., Prokopyev, A.I., and Gaidamashko, I.V. (2018). Culture-oriented component scientific and methodical support of students' humanitarian training in university. XLinguae, 11(1), 230-241. https://doi.org/10.18355/XL.2018.11.01.19 DOI: https://doi.org/10.18355/XL.2018.11.01.19
- Oborsky, A.Y., Chistyakov, A.A., Prokopyev, A.I., Nikolyukin, S.V., Chistyakov, K.A., and Tararina, L.I. (2018). The national mentality in the history of philosophy. XLinguae, 11(3), 158-165.
- Parker, C. S. (2010). Symbolic versus blind patriotism: Distinction without a difference?. Political Research Quarterly, 63(1), 97-114. https://doi.org/10.1177/1065912908327228 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1065912908327228
- Podymov, N.A., Nikoghosyan, M.A., Stolyarova, A.N., Narutto, S.V., Mashkin, N.A., Martynenko, S.E., Paznikova, Z.I., and Varenik, P.K. (2019). University of New Educational Reality in Disruptive Technologies Context. Journal of Environmental Treatment Techniques, 7(4), 664-668.
- Ponomarev, I.E., Gafiatulina, N.K., Zritineva, E.I., Kasyanov, V.V., Bahutashyili, T.V., and Ponomarev, P.A. (2019). The influence of the social justice crisis on social health and spiritual security of young students (a case study of the south of Russia). International Journal of Applied Exercise Physiology, 8(2), 250–257.
- Responsibility and influence. (2017). Retrieved from https://www.levada.ru/2017/11/13/17013/print/.
- Schatz, R.T., Staub, E., and Lavine, H. (1999). On the Varieties of National Attachment: Blind versus Constructive Patriotism. Political Psychology, 20(1), 151–174. https://doi.org/10.1111/0162-895X.00140 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/0162-895X.00140
- Shakhbanova, M.M., Kasyanov, V.V., Gafiatulina, N.Kh., Gluzman, I.V., Polivina, M.A., Gnatyuk, M.A., and Ramazanov, R.O. (2019). The Role of Trust in the Formation of Ethnic Tolerance and Social Health in the Modern Russian Society. Revista Inclusiones, 6(2), 296–305.
- Shevchenko, O.M., and Vagina, V.O. (2017). Civil patriotism as an idea of youth consolidation in the south of Russia: specifics and difficulties of formation. Humanitarian of the South of Russia, 3, 300–308.
- Shulga, M.M., and Kuznetsov, D.O. (2014). Youth Citizenship: Positive Practices and Risks. Bulletin of the North Caucasus Federal University, 4, 306–310.
- Vereshchagina, A.V. (2018). Why is patriotism in the south of Russia lacking in citizenship (based on a sociological study)?Historical and socio-educational thought, 10(2), 342-354. https://doi.org/10.17748/2075-9908-2018-10-5/2-54-64 DOI: https://doi.org/10.17748/2075-9908-2018-10-5/2-54-64
- Vereshchagina, A.V., and Gafiatulina, N.Kh. (2016). Successful childhood as a basis for the social health of young generations: indicators of the sociological dimension. Engineering Bulletin of the Don, 1(40). Retrieved from http:// ivdon.ru/ru/magazine/archive/n1y 2016/3527.
- Volkov, Yu.G., Lubsky, A.V., Kovalev, V.V., and Shevchenko, O.M. (2018a). Civil organizations and civil institutional practices in the regional communities in the South of Russia. Revista Publicando, 18(2), 115-124.
- Volkov, Yu.G., Vereshchagina, A.V., and Lubsky, A.V. (2018b). Patriotism in Local Communities of South Russia. Modern Journal of Language Teaching Methods, 8(9), 139–146.
- Volkov, Y. G., Vereshchagina, A. V., Lubsky, A. V., Gubarev, I. V., & Vagina, V. O. (2018). Patriotism as the subject of discursive practices in Russia. International Journal of Engineering & Technology, 7(2.13), 51-55. https://doi.org/10.14419/ijet.v7i2.13.11597 DOI: https://doi.org/10.14419/ijet.v7i2.13.11597
- Wang, Z. (2008). National humiliation, history education, and the politics of historical memory: Patriotic education campaign in China. International Studies Quarterly, 52(4), 783-806. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2478.2008.00526.x DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2478.2008.00526.x
- Williams, R. L., Foster, L. N., & Krohn, K. R. (2008). Relationship of patriotism measures to critical thinking and emphasis on civil liberties versus national security. Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy, 8(1), 139-156. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1530-2415.2008.00165.x DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1530-2415.2008.00165.x