This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. HSSR is a SHERPA ROMEO Green Journal.
DEVELOPING ITEMS FOR MEASURING QUALITY OF WORK LIFE AMONG MALAYSIAN ACADEMICS: AN EXPLORATORY FACTOR ANALYSIS PROCEDURE
Corresponding Author(s) : Amauche Ehido
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 8 No. 3 (2020): May
Purpose of the study: Quality of work life (QWL) is vital for all establishments to continue to hire and retain high-performance workers. However, from the review of previous literature on QWL, little is known about the dimensions that constitute high QWL among academics. Therefore, this study aimed at contributing to the literature by conducting a detailed validation of seven dimensions of QWL through the Exploratory Factor Analysis (EFA) procedure.
Methodology: This study employed a cross-sectional research design to establish reliable measures for the QWL construct. The items were adapted and modified to suit this study. Study data was obtained using a structured questionnaire from 100 randomly selected academics from the five Malaysian research universities. The study further conducted the Exploratory Factor Analysis (EFA) procedure using IBM-SPSS version 21.0.
Main Findings: A total of 51 items were initially developed to measure QWL construct, however, from the EFA procedure, the study found that 8 items with factor loading below the cut-off point of .60 were deleted and 48 items with a factor loading above the cut-off point of .60 were retained and deemed suitable to measure the QWL construct.
Applications of this study: This study validated the dimensions that lead to improved QWL. Therefore, this study is particularly useful to the Malaysian universities' management who aim to obtain benefits from super motivated and high-performance academics by making sure that the workers' overall well-being is protected in the workplace.
Novelty/Originality of this study: This study established a validated and reliable instrument for measuring the QWL construct among academics in the Malaysian research universities.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Adhikari, R. D., & Gautam, D. (2010). Labor legislations for improving quality of work life in Nepal. International Journal of Law and Management, 52(1), 40-53. https://doi.org/10.1108/17542431011018534
- Agha, K., Azmi, F. T., & Irfan, A. (2017). Work-Life balance and job satisfaction: An empirical study focusing on higher education teachers in Oman. International Journal of Social Science and Humanity, 7(3), 164-171. https://doi.org/10.18178/ijssh.2017.V7.813
- Ahmed, S., Haderi, S. M. S. A., Ahmad, F. B., Jaaffar, A. R. B., Walter, J., & Al-Douis, G. A. A. (2017). Employee job security and performance relationship in developing economy through employee engagement: Critical analysis with PLS-SEM. International Journal of Economic Research, 14(19), 133-147.
- Ababneh, R. (2013). Antecedents and outcomes of career development in Jordanian public sector. Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences, 4(4), 417- 426.
- Allen, M. W., Armstrong, D. J., Reid, M. F., & Riemenschneider, C. K. (2008).Factors impacting the perceived organizational support of IT employees. Information & Management, 45(8), 556-563. ttps://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2008.09.003
- Almarshad, S. O. (2015). A measurement scale for evaluating quality of work life: conceptualization and empirical validation. Trends in Applied Sciences Research, 10, 143-156. https://doi.org/10.3923/tasr.2015.143.156
- Almarshad, S., Toukabri, M., & Yillah, M. S. (2019). Quality of work life as a determinant of social responsibility in the public sector: The case of the governmental sector of the northern borders region in Saudi Arabia. European Journal of Sustainable Development, 8(1). https://doi.org/10.14207/ejsd.2019.v8n1p82
- Al-Shawabkeh, K. M., & Hijjawi, G. S. (2018). Impact of quality of work-life (QWL) on organizational performance: An empirical study in the private Jordanian universities. Asian Social Science, 14(6), 145. https://doi.org/10.5539/ass.v14n6p145
- Armstrong, M. (2009). Armstrongs handbook of human resource management practice a guide to managing for results. Kogan Page.
- Artz, B., & Kaya, I. (2014). The impact of job security on job satisfaction in economic contractions versus expansions. Applied Economics, 46(24), 2873-2890. https://doi.org/10.1080/00036846.2014.914148
- Aslan, A. S., Shaukata, S. Z., Ahmeda, I., Shaha, I. M., & Mahfa, M. (2014). Job satisfactions of academics in Malaysian Public Universities. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 114.154-158. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2013.12.676
- Aube, C., Rousseau, V. M., & Estelle, M. (2007). Perceived organizational support and organizational commitment: The moderating effect of locus of control and work autonomy. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 22(5), 479-495. https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940710757209
- Awang, Z. (2012). Research methodology and data analysis. Penerbit Universiti Teknologi MARA Press.
- Awang, Z. (2014). A Handbook on SEM for Academicians and Practitioners: The Step by Step Practical Guides for the Beginners. MPWS Rich Resource.
- Awang, Z., Afthanorhan, W. M. A., Asri, M. A. M. (2015). Parametric and non-parametric approach in structural equation modeling (SEM): The application of bootstrapping. Modern Applied Science, 9(9), 58-67. https://doi.org/10.5539/mas.v9n9p58
- Awang, Z., Afthanorhan, A., Mamat, M. (2016). The Likert scale analysis using parametric based structural equation modeling (SEM). Computational Methods in Social Sciences (CMSS), 4(1), 13-21.
- Baistaman, J., Awang, Z., Nawawi, R., Arifin, N., Mustapha, W.M., and Shari, A.S. (2020). Assessing Measurement Model of Malaysian Voluntary Saving Decision for Future Retirement Planning using Confirmatory Factor Analysis. International Journal of Accounting, Finance and Business (IJAFB). 5 (26), 1-7.
- Baistaman, J., Awang, Z., Afthanorhan, A., and Abdul Rahim, M.Z. (2020a). Developing and Validating the Measurement Model for Financial Literacy Construct using Confirmatory Factor Analysis. Humanities and Social Science Review. 8(2), 2020, 413-422. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2020.8247
- Bahkia, A. S., Awang, Z., Afthanorhan, A., Ghazali, P. L., & Foziah, H. (2019). Exploratory factor analysis on occupational stress in context of Malaysian sewerage operations. The 4th Innovation and Analytics Conference & Exhibition (Iace 2019). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5121111
- Bahkia, A.S., Awang, Z., Rahlin. N.A., Zulkifli, A.R. (2020). The Importance of Supportive Leadership in the Sewerage Operation Industry: A case of Indahwater Konsortium Private IWK). Humanities & Social Science Reviews, 8(3), 2020, 149-162. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2020.8317
- Baqutayan, S. M. S. (2015). Stress and coping mechanisms: A historical overview. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, 6(2). https://doi.org/10.5901/mjss.2015.v6n2s1p479
- Beloor, V., Nanjundeswaraswamy, T. S., & Swamy, D. R. (2017). Employee commitment and quality of work life - A literature review. The International Journal of Indian Psychology, 4(2), 176-188.
- Bhui, K., Dinos, S., Galant-Miecznikowska, M., Jongh, B. D., & Stansfeld, S. (2016). Perceptions of work stress causes and effective interventions in employees working in public, private and non-governmental organisations: a qualitative study. BJPsych Bulletin, 40(6), 318-325. https://doi.org/10.1192/pb.bp.115.050823
- Bowditch, J. L., & Buono, A. F. (2015). A primer on organizational behavior. John Wiley & Sons.
- Briner, R. B. (2000). Relationships between Work Environments, Psychological Environments and Psychological Well-being. Occupational Medicine, 50(5), 299-303. https://doi.org/10.1093/occmed/50.5.299
- Brough, P., Timms, C., O'Driscoll, M. P., Kalliath, T., Siu, O. L., Sit, C., & Lo, D. (2014). Work-life balance: A longitudinal evaluation of a new measure across Australia and New Zealand workers. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 25(19), 2724-2744. https://doi.org/10.1080/09585192.2014.899262
- Burns, K. L. (2016). Perceived organizational support and perceived supervisor support as antecedents of work engagement [Master's thesis, San Jose State University]. SJSU Scholar Works. https://doi.org/10.31979/etd.8hf7-dh9p
- Caesens, G., Stinglhamber, F., Demoulin, S., & Wilde, M. D. (2017). Perceived organizational support and employees' well-being: the mediating role of organizational dehumanization. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology, 26(4), 527-540. https://doi.org/10.1080/1359432X.2017.1319817
- Chandrasekar, K. (2011). Workplace environment and its impact on organisational performance in public sector. International Journal of Enterprise Computing and Business Systems, 1(1), 1-16.
- Christopher, N. (2019). The effectiveness of HRM policies and practices. International journal of social sciences, 2(1), 24-32. https://doi.org/10.31295/ijss.v2n1.51
- Chung, H. (2018). Women's work penalty in access to flexible working arrangements across Europe. European Journal of Industrial Relations, 25(1), 1-18. https://doi.org/10.1177/0959680117752829
- Claudia, M. (2018). The influence of perceived organizational support, job satisfaction and organizational commitment toward organizational citizenship behavior: A study of the permanent lecturers at university of Lambung Mangkurat, Banjarmasin. Journal of Indonesian Economy and Business, 33(1), 23-45. https://doi.org/10.22146/jieb.17761
- Darma, P. S., & Supriyanto, A. S. (2017). The effect of compensation on satisfaction and employee performance. Management and Economics Journal, 1(1), 69-78. https://doi.org/10.18860/mec-j.v1i1.4524
- Daud, N. (2010). Investigating the relationship between the quality of work life and organizational commitment amongst employees in Malaysian firms. International Journal of Business and Management, 5(10), 75-82. https://doi.org/10.5539/ijbm.v5n10p75
- Daud, N. (2017). Job security and well-being among private workers in Malaysia. Journal of Technology Management and Business, 4(1), 25-38.
- Daud, N., Yaakob, Y., & Ghazali, S. N. M. (2015). Quality of work life and organizational commitment: empirical investigation among academic in public institution of higher learning. IJABER, 13(7), 6129-6146. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICIMTR.2012.6236480
- Dessler, G. (2013). Human Resource Management (13th ed.). Pearson.
- Devin, H. F., & Farbod, D. (2016). Relationships among work life, mental health status and organisation-based self-esteem. Proceedings of the Latvian Academy of Sciences. Section B. Natural, Exact, and Applied Sciences, 70(6), 365-369. https://doi.org/10.1515/prolas-2016-0054
- Dialoke, I., & Nkechi, P. A .J. (2017). Effects of career growth on employees' performance: a study of non-academic staff of Micheal Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Umuahia Abia-State, Nigeria. Singaporean Journal of Business Economics, and Management Studies, 5(7), 8-18. https://doi.org/10.12816/0037246
- Eisenberger, R., Huntington, R., Hutchison, S., & Sowa, D. (1986). Perceived organizational support. Journal of Applied Psychology, 71(3), 500-507. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.71.3.500
- Eisenberger, R., & Stinglhamber, F. (2011). Perceived organizational support: Fostering enthusiastic and productive employees. American Psychological Association. https://doi.org/10.1037/12318-000
- Farid, H., Izadi, Z., Ismail, I. A., & Alipour, F. (2015). Relationship between quality of work life and organizational commitment among lecturers in a Malaysian public research university. The Social Science Journal, 52(1), 54-61. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soscij.2014.09.003
- Folger, R., & Konovsky, M. A. (1989). Effects of procedural and distributive justice on reactions to pay raise decisions. Academy of Management Journal, 32(1), 115-130. https://doi.org/10.2307/256422
- Gharib, M., Jamil, S., Ahmed, M., & Ghouse, S., (2016): The impact of job stress on job performance: A case study on academic staff at dhofar university. International Journal of Economic Research, 13(1), 21-33.
- Gupta, N., & Shaw, J. D. (2014). Employee compensation: The neglected area of HRM research. Human Resource Management Review, 24(1), 1-4. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrmr.2013.08.007
- Gyansah, S., & Guantai K. H. (2018). Career development in organizations: Placing the organization and employee on the same pedestal to enhance maximum productivity. European Journal of Business and Management, 10(14), 40-42.
- Hair, J. F., Black, W. C., Babin, B. J., & Anderson, R. E. (2010). Multivariate Data Analysis: A Global Perspective (7th ed). Pearson Education.
- Hair, J. F., Hult, G. T., Ringle, C., & Sarstedt, M. (2014). A primer on partial least squares structural equation modeling (PLS-SEM). SAGE Publications. https://doi.org/10.1108/EBR-10-2013-0128
- Hameed, A., & Amjad, S. (2009). Impact of office design on employees' productivity: A case study of banking organizations of Abbottabad, Pakistan. Journal of Public Affairs, Administration and Management, 3(1), 1-13.
- Herachwati, N., Sulistiawan, J., Alfirdaus, Z., & Gonzales, M. B. N. (2018). The effects of perceived organizational support and social comparison on work attitudes. Problems and Perspectives in Management, 16(1), 12-21. https://doi.org/10.21511/ppm.16(1).2018.02
- Hoque, A. S. M., Siddiqui, B. A., Awang, Z. B., & Baharu, S. M. A. (2018). Exploratory factor analysis of entrepreneurial orientation in the context of Bangladesh small and medium enterprises (SMES). European Journal of Management and Marketing Studies, 3(2), 81-94.
- Huda, K. N. (2017). Measuring the impacts of quality of work life indicators on the marketing representatives of pharmaceutical industries. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal, 20(1), 46-53. https://doi.org/10.3329/bpj.v20i1.32093
- Institutionen för filosofi, lingvistik och vetenskapsteori (FLoV). (2017). Compilation of a working environment questionnaire and physical working environment inspection round 2017. The department of philosophy, linguistics and theory of science.
- Kaya, C., & Ceylan, B. (2014). An empirical study on the role of career development programs in organizations and organizational commitment on job satisfaction of employees. American Journal of Business and Management, 3(3), 178-191. https://doi.org/10.11634/216796061403551
- Khairunneezam M., Suriani, O, S., & Nadirah, A. H. N. (2017). Work-Life balance satisfaction among academics in public higher educational sector. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 7(13), 5-19. https://doi.org/10.6007/IJARBSS/v7-i13/3181
- Khan, S. A., Rajasekar, J., & Al-Asfour, A. (2015). Organizational career development practices: learning from an Omani company. International Journal of Business and Management, 10(9), 88-98. https://doi.org/10.5539/ijbm.v10n9p88
- Kim, Y. (2015). Development of the employee expertise development scale (EEDS) [Doctoral dissertation, University of Connecticut]. Uconn Library. https://opencommons.uconn.edu/dissertations/989
- Kraja, G. (2015). Job security and performance: Case study of the Albanian public administration. Academic Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, 4(2), 19-26. https://doi.org/10.5901/ajis.2015.v4n2p19
- Krishnan, J., & Mary, V. S. (2012). Perceived organisational support–an overview on its antecedents and consequences. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, 2(4), 2-3.
- Kurtessis, J. N., Eisenberger, R., Ford, M. T., Buffardi, L. C., Stewart, K. A., & Adis, C. S. (2015). Perceived organizational support: A meta-analytic evaluation of organizational support theory. Journal of Management, 43(6), 1854-1884. https://doi.org/10.1177/0149206315575554
- Kwahar, N., & Iyortsuun, A. S. (2018). Determining the underlying dimensions of quality of work life (qwl) in the Nigerian hotel industry. Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review, 6(1), 53-70. https://doi.org/10.15678/EBER.2018.060103
- Lahey, M. A., & Kuhnert, K.W. (1988). The meaning and measure of job security (Unpublished manuscript). University of Georgia, Washington.
- Leitão, J., Pereira, D., & Gonçalves, Â. (2019). Quality of work life and organizational performance: Workers' feelings of contributing, or not, to the organization's productivity. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 16(20), 3803. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph16203803
- Lucky, E. O.-I., Minai, M. S., & Rahman, H. A. (2013). Impact of job security on the organizational performance in a multiethnic environment. Research Journal of Business Management, 7(1), 64-70. https://doi.org/10.3923/rjbm.2013.64.70
- Mabaso, C. M., & Dlamini, B. I. (2017). Impact of compensation and benefits on job satisfaction. Research Journal of Business Management, 11(2), 80-90. https://doi.org/10.3923/rjbm.2017.80.90
- Mahfouz, S., A., Awang, Z., & Muda, H. (2019). The Impact of Transformational Leadership on Employee Commitment in the Construction Industry. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change, 7(10).
- Mejbel, A. A., Almsafir, M. K., Siron, R., & Alnaser, A. S. M. (2013). The drivers of quality of working life (QWL): a critical review. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 7(10), 398-405.
- Mosaybian, N., & Jafari, M. (2017). The study of relationship between job security and organizational commitment. Kuwait Chapter of Arabian Journal of Business and Management Review, 33(74), 1-4. https://doi.org/10.12816/0036703
- Mohammadi, S., & Karupiah, P. (2019). Quality of work life and academic staff performance: a comparative study in public and private universities in Malaysia. Studies in Higher Education,1-15. https://doi.org/10.1080/03075079.2019.1652808
- Muda, I., Rafiki, A., & Harahap, M. R. (2014). Factors influencing employees' performance: A study on the Islamic Banks in Indonesia. International Journal of Business and Social Sciences, 5(2), 73-80.
- Muguongo, M. M., Muguna, A. T., & Muriithi, D. K. (2015). Effects of compensation on job satisfaction among secondary school teachers in Maara sub - County of Tharaka Nithi County, Kenya. Journal of Human Resource Management, 3(6), 47. https://doi.org/10.11648/j.jhrm.20150306.11
- Nayak, T. (2016). Impact of quality of work life on turnover intention: A study on private health care units in Odisha [Ph.D. thesis, National Institute of Technology Rourkela]. Biju Patnaik Central Library. http://ethesis.nitrkl.ac.in/8472/1/2016-PhD-TNayak-512SM302.pdf
- Nayak, T., & Sahoo, C. K. (2015). Quality of work life and organizational performance. Journal of Health Management, 17(3), 263-273. https://doi.org/10.1177/0972063415589236
- Newfoundland and Labrador Statistics Agency (NLSA). (2007). Work Environment Survey: General report of results. https://www.exec.gov.nl.ca/exec/hrs/publications/work_environment_survey_2007.pdf
- Njoroge, S. W., & Kwasira, J. (2015). Influence of compensation and reward on performance of employees at Nakuru County Government. IOSR Journal of Business and Management, 17(11), 87-93.
- Noor, N. M., Aziz, A. A., Mostapa, M. R., & Awang, Z. (2015). Validation of the Malay version of the inventory of functional status after childbirth questionnaire. Bio Med Research International, 2015,1-10. https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/972728
- Nzewi, H. N., Chiekezie, O. M., & Alphonsus, C. (2017). Workplace environment and employee performance in selected brewing firms in Anambra State. International Journal of Current Research and Academic Review, 5(1), 111-120. https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcrar.2017.501.014
- Oludeyi, O. S. (2015). Workplace factors as determinants of job commitment among senior non-teaching staff of Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ogun State [master's thesis]. The University of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria
- Omar, M. K., Mohd, I. H., & Ariffin, M. S. (2015). Workload, role conflict and work-life balance among employees of an enforcement agency in Malaysia. International Journal of Business, Economics, and Law, 8(2), 52-57.
- Omotayo, A., Esther, A., & Ibiyinka, S. (2014). Career development as a determinant of organizational growth: Modelling the relationship between these constructs in the Nigerian Banking Industry. American International Journal of Social Science, 3(7), 67-76.
- Parker, D. F., & Decotiis, T. A. (1983). Organizational determinants of job stress. Organizational Behavior and Human Performance, 32(2), 160-177. https://doi.org/10.1016/0030-5073(83)90145-9
- Rahlin, N.A., Awang, Z., Afthanorhan, A., & Aimran, N. (2019). Antecedents and Consequences of Employee Safety Climate in Small Manufacturing Enterprises: Translation, Validation and Application of Generic Safety Climate Questionnaire. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change, 7(10).
- Rahlin, N.A., Awang, Z., Zulkifli, A.R., and Bahkia, A.S (2020). The Impact of Employee Safety Climate on Safety Behavior in Small and Medium Enterprises: An Empirical Study. Humanities & Social Science Reviews, 8(3), 2020, 163-177. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2020.8318
- Rahlin, N.A., Awang, Z., Zulkifli, A.R. and Bahkia, A.S. (2020a). The Direct Effect of Climate Emergence and Safety Climate on Intention to Safety Behavior. Humanities & Social Science Reviews, 8(3), 2020, 178-189. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2020.8319
- Rahman, M. M., Abdul, M., Ali, N. A., Uddin, M. J., & Rahman, M. S. (2017). Employees' retention strategy on quality of work life (QWL) dimensions of private commercial banks in Bangladesh. Pertanika Journal of Social Science and Humanities, 25(2), 647-662.
- Rahman, R. A., Mustaffa, W. S. W., Wahid, H. A., & Yunus, N. K. Y. (2019). Exploring the factors affecting quality of work life among millennial academic staff in Malaysian public universities. International Journal of Asian Social Science, Asian Economic and Social Society, 9(6), 379-389. https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.1.2019.96.379.389
- Ramawickrama, J., Opatha, H. H. D. N. P., & Pushpakumari, M. D. (2018). Quality of work life and job performance: Empirical evidence from station masters working at Sri Lanka railways. Sri Lankan Journal of Human Resource Management, 8(1), 1-22. https://doi.org/10.4038/sljhrm.v8i1.5638
- Ramli, N., Zainol, Z. A., Aziz, J. A., Ali, H. M., Hassim, J., Hussein, W. M. H. W., Yaakob, N. I. (2013). The concept of Research University: The implementation in the context of Malaysian University System. Asian Social Science, 9(5),307-317. https://doi.org/10.5539/ass.v9n5p307
- Reddy, L., & Reddy, M. (2013). Quality of work life of employees: Emerging dimensions. Asian Journal of Management Research, 2 (2), 827-839.
- Rekhi, S., & Sharma, P. (2018). A study on quality of work life (QWL) in PSPCL. International Journal of Research in Management, Economics and Commerce, 8(2), 71-75. https://doi.org/10.5958/2249-877X.2018.00018.8
- Rethinam, G., & Ismail, M. (2008). Constructs of quality of work life: A perspective of information and technology professionals. European Journal of Social Sciences, 7(1), 58- 70.
- Robbins, S. R., & Judge, T. A. (2013). Organizational behavior (15th ed.). Pearson.
- Rovai, A. P., Baker, J. D., & Ponton, M. K. (2014). Social science research design and statistics: A practitioner's guide to research methods and IBM SPSS. Watertree Press LLC.
- Salah, M. R. (2016). The impact of training and development on employees' performance and productivity. International Journal of Management Sciences and Business Research, 5(7), 36-70.
- Sanyal, S., Hisam, M. W., & Baomar, Z. A. (2018). Loss of job security and its impact on employee performance - A study in sultanate of Oman. International Journal of Innovative Research and Growth, 7(6), 202-212. https://doi.org/10.26671/IJIRG.2018.6.7.101
- Sehgal, S. (2012). Relationship between work environment and productivity. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, 2(4), 1992-1995.
- Serey, T. T. (2006). Choosing a robust quality of work life. Business Forum, 27(2), 7-10.
- Shariffuddin, S., Razali, J., Shaaidi, W. R. W., & Ibrahim, I. S. A. (2017). Transformation of higher education institutions in Malaysia : A transformation of higher education institutions in Malaysia: A review. Journal of Global Business and Social Entrepreneurship (GBSE), 1(2), 126-136.
- Sheriff, N. M., & Abdullah, N. (2017). Research universities in Malaysia: What beholds? Asian Journal of University Education, 13(2), 35-50.
- Shkeer, A.S., & Awang, Z. (2019). Exploring items for measuring marketing information system construct: An exploratory factor analysis. International Review of Management and Marketing, 9(6), 87-97. https://doi.org/10.32479/irmm.8622
- Sojka, L. (2014). Specification of the quality of work life characteristics. Sociologic, 46(3), 283-299.
- Sultan, M. F., Zafar, M. R., & Anila. (2016). Office design and its impact on employees' productivity: evidence from Islamic banks of Karachi. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 6(6), 335-342.
- Vadivel, S., & Velmurugan, R. (2017). Quality of work life of employees in private companies with reference to Coimbatore. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development, 4(5), 128-131.
- Waghmare, S., & Dhole, V. (2017). Quality of work life and influencing factors. International Journal of Advanced Research, 5(5), 1328–1332. https://doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/4252
- Wan, C. D., Sirat, M., & Razak, D. (2015). The idea of a University: Rethinking the Malaysian context. Humanities, 4(3), 266-282. https://doi.org/10.3390/h4030266
- Williams, M. L., Malos, S. B., & Palmer, D. K. (2002). Beneﬁt system and beneﬁt level satisfaction: An expanded model of antecedents and consequences. Journal of Management, 28(2), 195-215. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0149-2063(01)00135-0
- Wong, P. Y., Bandar, N. F. A., & Saili, J. (2017). Workplace factors and work-life balance among employees in selected services sector. International Journal of Business and Society, 18(S4), 677-684.
- Yahaya, T., Idris, K., Suandi, T., & Ismail, I. (2018). Adapting instruments and modifying statements: The confirmation method for the inventory and model for information sharing behavior using social media. Management Science Letters, 8(5), 271-282. https://doi.org/10.5267/j.msl.2018.4.021
- Yamoah, E. E. (2014). Exploratory analysis of compensation and employee job satisfaction. Developing Country Studies, 4(12), 27-35.
- Yazit, N., & Zainab, A. N. (2007). Publication productivity of Malaysian authors and institutions in LIS. Malaysian Journal of Library & Information Science, 12(2), 35-55.
- Yu, T., & Richardson, J. C. (2015). An exploratory factor analysis and reliability analysis of the student online learning readiness (SOLR) instrument. Online Learning, 19(5), 1-22. https://doi.org/10.24059/olj.v19i5.593
- Zhong, L., Wayne, S. J., & Liden, R. C. (2015). Job engagement, perceived organizational support, high-performance human resource practices, and cultural value orientations: A cross-level investigation. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 37(6), 823-844. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.2076