Main Article Content
Objective: This study is aimed to examine the development of entrepreneurship to improve welfare in Jatimukti village, Sumedang Regency, is one form of activity in the economic field by empowering rural communities. Efforts to encourage the development of entrepreneurship in the village can be done by synergizing the existence and role of the stakeholders, including the village government with universities.
Methodology: In the research process, the method used is qualitative, where data research is obtained from interviews and observations. The collected data is then classified based on its type, after that the verification and validation process is carried out through triangulation techniques.
Main Findings: The results of this study indicate that the synergy between institutions in encouraging the development of entrepreneurship in Jatimukti village community, especially between the village government and universities, is important.
Implications: In its implementation, the Padjadjaran University with the Government of Jatimukti Village has conducted a synergy with a series of activities and coordination to advance community entrepreneurship.
Novelty/Originality of the Study: To achieve good results from the synergy process, effective communication, fast feedback, trust and creativity are needed. The value of such relationships, such as loyalty to partners, maintaining interdependence, adaptation to partners (cultural compatibility), integrity and intensity of relationships, and institutionalization (means acting on behalf of institutions and in the interests of shared institutions).
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. IJMIER is SHERPA ROMEO Green Journal.
- Abas. M. (2019). Regent: The existence of students helping the Sumedang Simpati program. Available from https://www.patrolicyber.com/2019/07/12/bupati-keberadaan-mahasiswa-bantu-program-sumedang-simpati/
- Alma, B. (2004). Entrepreneurship. Bandung: CV Alfabeta.
- Anderson, J. C., & Narus, J. A. (1990). A model of distributor firm and manufacturer firm working partnerships. Journal of Marketing, 54(1), 42-58. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224299005400103
- BPS Kabupaten Sumendang. (2017). District of Jatinangor in 2017 figures. Sumedang: BPS Kabupaten Sumedang.
- BPS) Kabupaten Sumendang. (2018). Jatinangor district in 2018. Sumedang: BPS Kabupaten Sumedang.
- Covey, S.R. (2004). The 7 habits of highly effective people. New York: Simon and Schuster.
- Djuyandi, Y., Casnoto, H., Hidayat, W. (2019). Military Operations Other Than War (MOOTW): Synergy of Indonesian National Armed Forces (TNI) and National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB) in Disaster Management. Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews, 7(4), 111-121. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2019.7416
- Doctoroff, M. (1977). Synergistic management. New York, NY: AMACOM Press.
- Fitrianatsany. (2017). Urban village transition process into a case study town in the stageharjo village sewon Bantul Yogyakarta. Sosiologi Agama: Jurnal Ilmiah Sosiologi Agama dan Perubahan Sosial, 11(2), 185-208.
- Francis, M., David, L. (2012). The Challenges of agriculture and rural development in Africa, International Journal of Academic Research in Progressive Education and Development, 1(3), 1-18. https://doi.org/10.15373/22778179/JUN2012/13
- Gray, B. (1989). Collaborating: Finding common ground for multiparty problems. San Francisco: Jossey –Bass Publishers.
- Hasan, M., Azis, M. (2018). Economic development and community empowerment (Human development strategies in local economic perspectives. Makassar: CV Nur Lina.
- Kongmanus, K. (2016). Development of project-based learning model to enhance educational media business ability for undergraduate students in educational technology and communications program. Journal of Advances in Humanities and Social Sciences, 2(5), 287-296. https://doi.org/10.20474/jahss-2.5.5
- Maulana, A. (2020). Unpad and Sumedand district government increase cooperation for the welfare of the community. Aailable from: http://www.unpad.ac.id/2020/01/unpad-dan-pemkab-sumedang-tingkatkan-kerja-sama-untuk-kesejahteraan-masyarakat/.
- Najiyati, S., Susilo, S. R. T. (2011). The synergy of goverment institutions in the transmigration urban development. Jurnal Ketransmigrasian, 28(2), 113-124.
- Sugeng, H. M. (2019). Jatinangor sub-district in 2019. Sumedang: BPS Kabupaten Sumedang.
- Thorsos, N., Johannessen, B. G., Beck, M., & Nganga, C. (2016). Synergy, care and constructive chaos: conceptualizing the dynamics of an international global co-mentoring network. In B. Gloria Guzman Johannessen (Ed.), Global co-mentoring networks in higher education. Texas: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-27508-6_4
- Wanninayake, S. (2016). Finding a place for residence; IDPS remaining with host communities: A case of Sri Lanka. International Journal of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, 2(2), 64-73. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijhss.2.20003-2
- Zineldin, M., Bredenlöw, T. (2003). Strategic alliance: Synergies and challenges: A case of strategic outsourcing relationship “SOUR”. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 33(5), 449-464. https://doi.org/10.1108/09600030310482004