Main Article Content
The main feature of solving Optimal Reactive Power Dispatch Problem (ORPD) is to minimize the real power loss and also to keep the voltage profile within the specified limits. Human society is a complex group which is more effective than other animal groups. Therefore, if one algorithm mimics the human society, the effectiveness maybe more robust than other swarm intelligent algorithms which are inspired by other animal groups. So in this paper Social Emotional Optimization Algorithm (SEOA) has been utilized to solve ORPD problem. The proposed algorithm (SEOA) has been validated, by applying it on standard IEEE 30 bus test system. The results have been compared to other heuristics methods and the proposed algorithm converges to best solution.
Social emotional Optimal reactive power Transmission loss.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. IJSRTM is a SHERPA ROMEO Green Journal.
How to Cite
Lenin, K. (2015). Social Emotional Optimization Algorithm for Solving Optimal Reactive Power Dispatch Problem. International Journal of Students’ Research in Technology & Management, 2(3), 129-133. Retrieved from https://giapjournals.com/ijsrtm/article/view/124
- H.W.Dommel, W.F.Tinney. Optimal power flow solutions. IEEE, Trans. On power Apparatus and Systems, VOL. PAS-87, octobre 1968,pp.1866-1876.
- Lee K, Park Y, Ortiz J. A. United approach to optimal real and reactive power dispatch. IEEE Trans Power Appar. Syst. 1985; 104(5):1147-53.
- Y. Y.Hong, D.I. Sun, S. Y. Lin and C. J.Lin. Multi-year multi-case optimal AVR planning. IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol.5 , no.4, pp.1294-1301,Nov.1990.
- J. A. Momoh, S. X. GUO, E .C. Ogbuobiri, and R. Adapa. The quadratic interior point method solving power system optimization problems. IEEE Trans. Power Syst. vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 1327-1336,Aug.1994.
- S. Granville. Optimal Reactive Dispatch Through Interior Point Methods. IEEE Trans. Power Syst. vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 136-146, Feb. 1994.
- J.A.Momoh, J.Z.Zhu. Improved interior point method for OPF problems. IEEE Trans. On power systems; Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 1114-1120, August 1999.
- Y.C.Wu, A. S. Debs, and R.E. Marsten. A Direct nonlinear predictor-corrector primal-dual interior point algorithm for optimal power flows. IEEE Transactions on power systems Vol. 9, no. 2, pp 876-883, may 1994.
- L.L.Lai, J.T.Ma, R. Yokoma, M. Zhao. Improved genetic algorithms for optimal power flow under both normal and contingent operation states. Electrical Power & Energy System, Vol. 19, No. 5, p. 287-292, 1997.
- Q.H. Wu, Y.J.Cao, and J.Y. Wen. Optimal reactive power dispatch using an adaptive genetic algorithm. Int. J. Elect. Power Energy Syst. Vol 20. Pp. 563-569; Aug 1998.
- B. Zhao, C. X. Guo, and Y.J. CAO. Multiagent-based particle swarm optimization approach for optimal reactive power dispatch. IEEE Trans. Power Syst. Vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 1070-1078, May 2005.
- J. G. Vlachogiannis, K.Y. Lee. A Comparative study on particle swarm optimization for optimal steady-state performance of power systems. IEEE trans. on Power Syst., vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 1718-1728, Nov. 2006.
- A.E. Eiben and J.E. Smith. Introduction to Evolutionary Computing. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2003.
- Charles Darwin. The origin of species. John Murray, London, UK, 1859.
- D. Goldberg. Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning. Addison-Wesley, MA, 1996.
- John H. Holland. Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems: An Introductory Analysis with Applications to Biology, Control and Artificial Intelligence. MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, USA, 1992.
- Thomas B¨ack. Evolutionary algorithms in theory and practice - evolution strategies, evolutionary programming, genetic algorithms. Oxford University Press, 1996.
- Fister, M. Mernik, and B. Filipiˇc. Graph 3-coloring with a hybrid self-adaptive evolutionary algorithm. Computational optimization and applications, pages 1–32, 2012.
- F. Neri and V. Tirronen. Recent advances in differential evolution: a survey and experimental analysis. Artificial Intelligence Review, 33(1–2):61–106, 2010.
- J. Brest, S. Greiner, B. Boskovic, M. Mernik, and V. Zumer. Selfadapting control parameters in differential evolution: A comparative study on numerical benchmark problems. Evolutionary Computation, IEEE Transactions on, 10(6):646–657, 2006.
- S. Das and P.N. Suganthan. Differential evolution: A survey of the state-of-the-art. Evolutionary Computation, IEEE Transactions on, 15(1):4–31, 2011.
- John R. Koza. Genetic programming 2 - automatic discovery of reusable programs. Complex adaptive systems. MIT Press, 1994.
- Cui ZH and Cai XJ. (2010) Using social cognitive optimization algorithm to solve nonlinear equations. Proceedings of 9th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics (ICCI 2010), pp.199-203.
- Chen YJ, Cui ZH and Zeng JH. (2010) Structural optimization of lennard-jones clusters by hybrid social cognitive optimization algorithm. Proceedings of 9th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics (ICCI 2010), pp.204-208.
- Cui ZH, Shi ZZ and Zeng JC. (2010) Using social emotional optimization algorithm to direct orbits of chaotic systems, Proceedings of 2010 International Conference on Computational
- Aspects of Social Networks (CASoN2010), pp.389-395.
- Wei ZH, Cui ZH and Zeng JC (2010) Social cognitive optimization algorithm with reactive power optimization of power system, Proceedings of 2010 International Conference on
- Computational Aspects of Social Networks (CASoN2010), pp.11-14.
- Xu YC, Cui ZH and Zeng JC (2010) Social emotional optimization algorithm for nonlinear constrained optimization problems, Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Swarm, Evolutionary and Memetic Computing (SEMCCO2010), pp.583-590.