Main Article Content
In the days of modernization, industrialization, technological world we find out a new method of steam production with help of coal. This state of act systems are manufactured over a range of 500 TPH.This boilers are highly efficient, multi coal firing capacity, less emission of so2 and nox gases, utilize high ignite cokes, petcoats,washery rejects. This survey paper is intended to comprehensively give an account of domain knowledge related to CFBC boiler. The authors touch upon the design changes which are introduced in the component levels in order to ease the operation, enhance the performance and to meet the regulatory compliance. In addition, salient correlations related to hydrodynamics, heat transfer and combustion are narrated to facilitate the control and system engineers to develop mathematical models using conservation of mass, energy and momentum equations.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. IJSRTM is a SHERPA ROMEO Journal.
How to Cite
hajra, S., & Patra, A. A. (2015). STUDY OF CIRCULATING COAL FLUIDIZED BOILERS. Students’ Research in Technology & Management, 3(6), 396-400. https://doi.org/10.18510/ijsrtm.2015.363
- Grace, J. R., Heat Transfer in Circulating Fluidized Beds,”In Circulating Fluidized Bed Technology I”, P. Basu (Eds.), Pergamon Press, Oxford, 63 – 72,1986.
- Raiko, R., Kurki-Suonio, I., Saastamoinen, J., & Hupa, M., “International Flame Research Foundation (IFRF)”, Jyväskylä, 417-466, 1995.
- Kunii, D., Levenspiel, O.,” Fluidization engineering”. Butterworth-Heinemann, Boston, USA, 1991.
- Basu, P., Subbarao, D., An experimental investigation of burning rate and mass transfer in a turbulent fluidized bed, “Combust. Flame” 66, 261-269, 1986.
- Basu, P., & Fraser, SA., Circulating fluidized bed boilers–design and operations. Butterworth- Heinemann, Boston, 1991.
- Waqar Ali Khan, Khurram Shahzad, and Niaz Ahmad Akhtar, Hydrodynamics Of Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustor: A Review, “Journal of Pakistan Institute of Chemical Engineers”, Vol. XXXVII, 1999.
- Bo Leckner, Fluidized Bed Combustion Research And Development In Sweden – A Historical Survey, “Thermal Science:” Vol. 7 ,No. 2, Pp. 3-16, 2003.
- Basu, P., and Nag, P.K., Heat Transfer to the Walls of a Circulating Fluidized Bed Furnace A Review, “Chem. Eng. Science”, 51 (1), 1 – 26, 1996.
- Miccio.M., Miccio.F., Fluidized Combustion Of Liquid Fuels: Pioneering Works, Past applications, Today's Knowledge And Opportunities, “Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Fluidized Bed Combustion”,2009.
- Yrjo Majanne, Jani Laine, Jyri Kaivosoja, Petri Koykka, Modeling and simulation of interconnected CFB-boiler and fast pyrolysis processes – Control design case, 18th IFAC World Congress Milano (Italy), August 28 – September 2, 2011
- Sivakumar L,Sundarraj S,Anandhi,T, System design document - Software on dynamic modeling of CFBC furnace, “An Internal consultancy project” document prepared at Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology , Coimbatore and submitted to Corporate, R & D, BHEL, Hyderabad, India, 2010.
- Wang, Q., Zhonggyang Luo, Xuantian Li, Mengxiang Fang, Mingjiang Ni, Kefa Cen, “Energy” 24(1999) 633-653, 1999.
- Jong-Min Lee, Jae-Sung Kim, Jong-Jin Kim, CCT experience of Tong-Hae CFB boiler using Korrean Anthracite, “03 APEC Clean fossil energy technical and policy seminar”, Korea, 2003.
- Li Zhao, Xiangdong Xu, A mathematical model for differential-velocity Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler, “Journal of Thermal Science” , Volume 8, No.3, 1999.
- Xu Zhengyu, Niu Kai, The simulator model for a circulating fluidized bed boiler, “Computers and Applied Chemistry”, vol - 02, 2008.
- Li, Q. H., Zhang, Y. G., Meng, A. H., Design and Application Of Novel Horizontal Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler, “Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Fluidized Bed Combustion”, 2009.
- Sung won kim, Won Namkung and Sang Done kim, Solids flow characteristics in loop seal of a circulating fluidized bed, “Korean journal of Chemical Engineering”, 16(1),82-88, 1999.
- Basu, P., Cheng, L., An Analysis of Loop Seal Operations in a Circulating Fluidized Bed, “Transactions of Institution of Chemical Engineers”, v. 78, Part A, pp 991 – 998, , Oct 2000.
- Malcus.S., Chaplin, G., Pugsley, T., The hydrodynamics of the of the high density bottom zone in a CFB riser analyzed by means of electrical capacitance tomography, “Chemical Engineering science”, 55, 4129 – 4138, 2000.
- Animesh Dutta, Prabir Basu, An experimental investigation into the heat transfer on wing walls in a circulating fluidized bed boiler, “International journal of heat and mass transfer”, Volume 45, Issue 22, Pages 4479-4491, 2002.
- Lee,J.M., Jae sung kim, Jong Jin Kim, Evaluation of the 200 MWe Tonghae CFB boiler performance with cyclone modification, “Energy”,28,575-589, 2003.
- Yang, H. R, Yue, G. X., Wang, Y., “Journal of Engineering for Thermal Energy and Power”, 20(3),291-295,2005.
- Jin, X., Lu, J. F., Qiao, R., et al., “Clean Coal Technology”, 5(1): 20-23, 1999.
- Yue, G. X., Lu, J. F., Zhang, H, et al. Design Theory of Circulating Fluidized Bed Boilers, “18th International Fluidized Bed Combustion Conference”, May 18-21, Toronto Canada, 2005.
- Anusorn chinsuwan, Animesh Dutta, An investigation of the heat transfer behavior of longitudinal finned membrane water wall tubes in CFBC boilers, “Powder technology” , 193, 187-194, 2009.
- Jun Su, Xiaoxing Zhao, Jianchun Zhang, Aicheng Liu , Hairui Yang, Guangxi Yue, Zhiping Fu, Design and Operation Of CFB Boilers With Low bed Inventory, “Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Fluidized Bed Combustion”, 2009.
- Zhang, P., Lu, J. F., Yang, H. R., Zhang, J. S., Zhang, H., Yue, G. X., Heat Transfer Coefficient Distribution In The Furnace Of A 300MWe CFB Boiler, “Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Fluidized Bed Combustion”,2009.
- Zhang Man, Bie Rushan, Yu Zezhing, Jiang Xiaoguo, Heat flux profile of the furnace wall of a 300 MWe CFB boiler, “Powder Technology”, 203,548-554,2010.
- Xiong.B., Xiaofeng Lu, R.S.Amano, Hanzhou Liu,Gas-solid flow in an integrated external heat exchanger for CFB boiler, “Powder Technology”,202,55,61,2010.
- Jones, D.R.M., Davidson, J.F., The flow of particles for a fluidized bed through orifice, “Acta4”,180-192,1965.
- Bing zeng, Xiaofeng xu, Lu gan, Maolong Shu, Development of a novel fluidized ash cooler for CFB boilers: Experimental study and application, “Powder technology”, 212, 151-160, 2011.
- Xuanyu Ji, Xiaofeng Lu, Xiaolei Xue, Honghao He, Wang,Q., Jianbo Li, Development On A Small Scale Industrial CFB Boiler With An Evaporating Loop Seal, “Applied Thermal Energy”, 36, 464-471, 2012
- Maryamchik, M., Wietzke,D.L., B&W PGG IR – CFB: Operating experience and new developments, “21st International; Fluid Bed Combustion Conference”, Italy,2012.
- Belin,F., Marymchik, M., Walker, D.J., Wietzke, D.L., Babcock & Wilcox CFBC boilers- Design and experience, “16th International Conference on FBC”, 2001
- Loffler., Wartha, C., Winter, F., and Hofbauer, H., “Energy & Fuel”, 12:1024-1032, 2002.
- Hou, X. S., Zhang, H., Yue, 0. X, et al., Reduction of N20 and NO by NH3 on Circulating Ashes: The Effect ofO2 Concentration, “19th International Fluidized Bed Combustion Conference”, Austria, Vienna, 2006.
- Krzywanski .J., Tomasz czakiert, Waldemar muskala, Robert secret, Wojciech Nowak, Modeling of solid fuel combustion in oxygen-enriched atmosphere in CFBC, “Fuel processing Technology”, 91, pages 364-368, 2010.