Main Article Content
In this paper, we review the erosivity studies conducted in Chitrakoot to verify the quality and representativeness of the results generated and to provide a greater understanding of the rainfall erosivity in Chitrakoot. We searched the Google Scholar databases and in recent journals and dissertations to obtain the following information: latitude, longitude, city, states, length of records (15-years from 1999 to 2013), precipitation (daily based), equations calculated and respective determination coefficient .
The daily rainfall erosivity in Chitrakoot ranged from 39.846 to 61.841 MJ mm/ha/h. Rainfall erosivity indices, based on intensity and the amount of rainfall, were computed for all precipitations. The lowest values were found in June and the highest values were found in the August in the Chitrakoot region. These equations can be useful to map rainfall erosivity for the entire area.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. IJSRTM is a SHERPA ROMEO Journal.
- Bagarello, V., & D’Asaro, F. (1994). Estimating single storm erosion index. Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers, 37 (3), 785-791.
- Diodato, N., Bellocchi, G., (2010). MedREM, a rainfall erosivity model for the
- Mediterranean region. Journal of Hydrology 387, 119–127
- Ferro, V., Porto, P. & Yu, B. (1999). A comparative study of rainfall erosivity estimation for southern Italy and southeastern Australia, Hydrological Sciences Journal, 44, 3-24.
- Ferro, V., 2010. Deducing the USLE mathematical structure by dimensional analysis and self-similarity theory. Biosystems Engineering 106, 216–220.
- Foster, G.R., W.C. Moldenhauer and W.H. Wischmeier, 1982. Transferability of U.S.
- technology for prediction and control of erosion in the tropics. ASA special publication number 43, American Society of Agronomy Soil Science Society of America, 135-149 pp.
- Foster, G.R., 2004. User’s Reference Guide. Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation Version 2 (RUSLE2). National Sedimentation Laboratory, USDA-Agricultural Research Service, Washington, DC, USA, p. 418.
- Lal R (1976) Soil erosion on Alfi sols in Western Nigeria: III. Eff ects of rainfall characteristics. Geoderma 16: 389-401.
- Logah F. Y. et al., Developing Short Duration Rainfall Intensity Frequency Curves for
- Accra in Ghana: Journal of Latest Research In Engineering and Computing (IJLREC)
- Volume 1, Issue 1 : Page No.67-73, September-October 2013
- Mannaerts, C.M., Gabriels, D., (2000). A probabilistic approach for predicting rainfall soil erosion losses in semiarid areas. Catena., in press.
- Mikoš, M., Jošt, D. & Petrovšek, G. (2006). Rainfall and runoff erosivity in the alpine climate of north Slovenia: a comparison of different estimation methods, Hydrological Sciences Journal, 51, 115-126.
- Moehansyah, H., Maheshwari, B.L., Armstrong, J., 2004. Field evaluation of selected soil erosion models for catchment management in Indonesia. Biosystems Engineering 88, 491506.
- Nanko K, Hotta N, Suzuki M (2004) Assessing raindrop impact energy at the forest fl oor in a mature Japanese cypress plantation using continuous raindrop-sizing instruments. J Forest Res 9: 157-164.
- Oliveira, P.T.S., Alves, Sobrinho T., Rodrigues, D.B.B., Panachuki, E., 2011a. Erosion risk mapping applied to environmental zoning. Water Resources Management 25, 1021–1036.
- Renard, K.G., & Freimund, J.R. (1994). Using monthly precipitation data to estimate the R factor in the revised USLE, Journal of Hydrology, 157 (1–4), 287-306.
- Römkens, M.J.M., Dabney, S.M., Govers, G., Bradford, J.M. 2002. Soil Erosion by Water and Tillage. In: Dane, J.H., Topp, C.G. (Ed.) Methods of Soil Analysis, 4: Physical Methods. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. Inc., Madison, Wisconsin, USA, 1621-1662.
- Salles, C., Poesen, J., Sempere-Torres, D., (2002). Kinetic energy of rain and its functional relationship with intensity. J. Hydrol. 257, 256–270.
- Van Dijk, A.I.J.M., Bruijnzeel, L.A., Rosewell, C.J. (2002). Rainfall intensity-kinetic energy relationships: a critical literature appraisal. Journal of Hydrology, 261:1–23.
- Wischmeier, W.H., 1959. A rainfall erosion index for a universal soil-loss equation. Soil Science Society of America Journal 23, 246–249.
- Wischmeier, W.H., Smith, D.D., 1978. Predicting Rainfall Erosion Losses. A guide to conservation planning. : Agriculture Handbook, 537. USDA, Washington. 58 pp.
- Yu, B., & Rosewell, C.J. (1996a). A robust estimator of the R factor for the universal soil loss equation, Transactions of the ASAE, 39, 559-561.