Main Article Content
Axial compressors, used in gas turbines, jet engines and also small scale power plants, are rotating, airfoil based compressors in which the working fluid flows parallel to the axis of rotation. There has been continuous struggle to maximize the efficiency of these compressors. One of the many ways to achieve the same is to minimize the tip clearance i.e. to reduce the distance between the blade tip and the housing. Experiments need to be conducted to measure the changes in the tip clearance while the compressor is operating. Conventional devices to measure this tip clearance have proven to be costly if a small scale application is under consideration. Our aim in this project is to develop a device which will measure the blade tip clearance of an axial flow compressor economically. The literature review, development of the device, its working and results will be discussed in this paper.
Tip Clearance Measurement Eddy Current Probe Data Storage Oscilloscope Eddy Current Technique.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. IJSRTM is a SHERPA ROMEO Journal.
How to Cite
Khot, S. M., Pradeep, A. M., Chavan, S., Ghogare, M., & Koli, S. (2015). DEVELOPMENT OF A DEVICE TO MEASURE THE BLADE TIP CLEARANCE OF AN AXIAL COMPRESSOR. Students’ Research in Technology & Management, 1(2), 141-149. Retrieved from https://giapjournals.com/ijsrtm/article/view/55
- Andrei B. Vakhtin1, Shin-Juh Chen2, and Steve M. Massick3 , ”Optical Probe for Monitoring Blade
- Tip Clearance.” In conference at 47th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting Including The New
- Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition 5 - 8 January 2009, Orlando, Florida.
- A.G.Sheard , “Blade by Blade Tip Clearance Measurement.”, Hindawi Publishing Corporation
- International Journal of Rotating Machinery Volume 2011, Article ID 516128, 13 pages
- Lars Büttner, Thorsten Pfister, and Jürgen Czarske. , “Fiber-optic laser Doppler turbine tip
- clearance probe.” in international journal of OPTICS LETTERS,May 1, 2006 ,Vol. 31, No. 9.
- S Z Cao, F J Duan and Y G Zhang “Measurement of Rotating Blade Tip Clearance with Fibre-Optic
- Probe.” Journal of Physics: Conference Series 48 (2006) 873–877
- Web Link: http://www.InstruementationToday.com.
- Web Link: http://www.wikipedia.com.
- Web Link:http://www.chenyang-ism.com.
- Web Link: http://www.ndt-ed.org.