Main Article Content
The principal goal of designing any encryption algorithm is to hide the original message and send the non-readable text message to the receiver so that secret message communication can take place over the web. The strength of an encryption algorithm depends on the difficulty of cracking the original message. A number of symmetric and asymmetric key encryption algorithms like DES, TRIPLE DES, AES, BLOWFISH, RSA has been developed to provide greater security affects one over the other. I have described a protocol in this paper, which fits the technique to realistic communication environments, and extend the security and the range of applications of the technique. The basic motive behind the new approach is not to use a ‘key’. Encryption is done by the use of the logic operations amongst the bits of the code word. This can be said as "security through obscurity" where the shared secret is not an encryption key, but the encryption algorithm itself. This algorithm can prove to be an efficient method of encryption and can reduce the complexity of a system that encrypts or decrypts a message. Analysis has been done which shows the advantages and the limitations of this algorithm. With this new approach we are implementing a technique to enhance the security level and to further reduce the time for encryption and decryption.
Cryptography Symmetric key cryptography Asymmetric key cryptography DES AES Triple DES Blowfish RSA DBNS and TBNS.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. IJSRTM is a SHERPA ROMEO Journal.
How to Cite
Chowdhury, A. (2015). A NEW TECHNIQUE TO ENCRYPT A CODE WORD. Students’ Research in Technology & Management, 1(5), 516-527. Retrieved from https://giapjournals.com/ijsrtm/article/view/95
- O.P Verma, Ritu Agarwal, Dhiraj Dafouti and Shobha Tyagi, “Performance Analysis of Data
- Encryption Algorithms”, IEEE Delhi Technological University India, 2011.
- Diaa Salama, Abdul. Elminaam, Hatem Mohamed, Abdul Kader and Mohie Mohamed
- Hadhoud, “Performance Evaluation of Symmetric Encryption Algorithms”, International
- Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, vol.8 No.12, December 2008.
- Ketu File white papers, “Symmetric vs. Asymmetric Encryption”, a division of Midwest
- Research Corporation.
- “Data Encryption Standard,” Federal Information Processing Standards Publication No. 46,
- National Bureau of Standards, January 15, 1977.
- Tingyuan Nie and Teng Zhang, “A Study of DES and Blowfish Encryption Algorithm”,
- IEEE, 2009.
- Aamer Nadeem and Dr M. Younus Javed, “A Performance Comparison of Data Encryption
- Algorithms”, IEEE, 2005.
- Vishwa Gupta, “International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and
- Software Engineering”, Vol. 2, Issue 1, January 2012, pp. 1-3.
- Dripto Chatterjee, Joyshree Nath, Suvadeep Dasgupta, Asoke Nath “A new Symmetric key
- Cryptography Algorithm using extended MSA method: DJSA symmetric key algorithm”
- published in 2011 International Conference on Communication Systems and Network
- Technologies, 978-0-7695-4437-3/11.
- Symmetric key cryptography using random key generator, A. Nath, S. Ghosh, M. A. Mallik,
- Proceedings of International conference on SAM-2010 held at Las Vegas (USA) 12-15 July,
- , Vol-2, P-239-244.