Main Article Content
Planning, scheduling plays a vital role in improving the prospects of successful implementation of infrastructure projects. Project planning involves defining and coordinating activities and work tasks, preparing work schedules, assigning and allocating resources to competing activities and developing an acceptable budget. The scheduling is just one of the tools will be used to manage activities and duration.. The scope of this work is to Consistent view of project status and issues, is to ensure that the project is completed within the allocated and approved budget; Work Break Down structure will be prepared, duration and predecessors for each activity will be assigned, Critical Path will be determined, Resource analyzing and leveling will be done for entire,. Estimating is to assign resources to each activity in the activity list. Total duration and cost will come to know by using Microsoft Project. Based on prediction of future traffic at junction on chord road the grade separator is been projected. Accordingly the planning scheduling of grade separator at junction on chord road is been prepared. An effective planning, scheduling will help in emerging problems and taking time correctively action.
Planning Scheduling Resource Activity Duration and Microsoft Project.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. IJSRTM is a SHERPA ROMEO Journal.
How to Cite
R, S., & R, M. K. (2015). PLANNING SCHEDULING OF GRADE SEPARATOR. Students’ Research in Technology & Management, 1(5), 555-578. Retrieved from https://giapjournals.com/ijsrtm/article/view/98
- Aftab Hameed Memon and Rosli Mohammad Zin “Resource-Driven Scheduling
- Implementation in Malaysian Construction Industry” International Journal of Sustainable
- Construction Engineering & Technology, December 2010, Vol 1, No 2, PP 77-89.
- Aftab Hameed Memon, Ismail Abdul Rahman, Mohd Razaki Abdullah, Ade Asmi Abdu Azis
- “Factors Affecting Construction Cost in Mara Large Construction Project: Perspective of
- Project Management Consultant” International Journal of Sustainable Construction
- Engineering & Technology, December 2010, Vol 1, No 2 PP. 41-54.
- Benjamin, C., Babcock, D., Yunus, N., and Kincaid “Knowledge Based Prototype for
- Improving Scheduling Productivity” .J. Computing in Civil. Eng., 1990, Volume 4, issuse2,
- PP 124–134.
- Hassanein,and O.Moselhi,“Planning and Scheduling Highway Construction”, Journal
- of construction Engineering and Management, VOL 130, No. 5, September/October 2004, pp.
- John Conlin and Arkady Retik “ The Applicability of Project Management Software and
- Advanced IT Techniques in Construction Delays Mitigation” International Journal of
- Project Management 1997 Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 107-120.
- Khalied Hyari, Khaled El-Rayes and M.ASCE “Optimal Planning and Scheduling for
- Repetitive Construction Projects.”Journal of management and Engineering, volume 22, Issue 1,
- January 2006 PP 11–19.
- Li, Heng and Chan, Neo and Guo, H.L. and Lu, Weisheng and Skitmore, Martin “Optimizing
- Construction Planning Schedules by Virtual Prototyping Enabled Resource Analysis”
- Automation in Construction, 2009 Volume18, issuse7, pp. 912-918.
- Murali Sambasivan, Yau Wen Soon "Causes and Effects of Delays in Malaysian Construction
- Industry", International Journal of Project Management 25 (2007) PP 517–526.
- Nguyen Duy Long, Stephen Ogunlana, Truong Quang, Ka Chi Lam, "Large Construction
- Projects in Developing Countries: a Case Study from Vietnam", International Journal of
- Project Management, Vol. 22, pp. 553–561
- Nabil A. Kartam and Raymond E. Levitt “A Least-Commitment Approach to Planning
- Construction Projects with Repeated Cycles of Operation” IAARC Vol 2, PP 189-196.
- Ricardo Mendes Jr and Luiz Fernando M. Heineck “Preplanning Method for Multi-Story
- Building Construction Using Line of Balance” Proceedings IGLC ’98
- Russell Kenley and Olli Seppänen Location-Based Management of Construction Projects: “Part
- of a New Typology for Project Scheduling Methodologies” Proceedings of the 2009 Winter
- Simulation Conference.