Main Article Content
Purpose of study: According to the role and importance of farm management units, using mathematical programming models have an essential role in determining the optimal cultivation pattern. This study represents the theory and application of a fuzzy goal programming model to determine an optimal cultivation pattern considering different goals.
Methodology: Analysis of the fuzzy goal programming model and applying it in the decision of optimal cultivation pattern in the Ferdowsi University farm has been shown in this study.
Main Findings: The results indicate that making flexibility in model coefficients - because of deficiency in information- with the fuzzy idea, remove this deficiency extremely, and conditions of cultivation pattern relatively improve, then inputs and sources are applied optimally.
Implications: This study expects to help farmers and agriculture officials to decide better agricultural policies and practices.
Novelty: This study is done at the research farm of agriculture faculty at Ferdowsi University, and the software WinQsb was used.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. IJSRTM is a SHERPA ROMEO Green Journal.
- Balezentiene, L., et al. (2013). "Fuzzy decision support methodology for sustainable energy crop selection." Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews17: 83-93. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2012.09.016
- Biswas, A., et al. (1978). "Fuzzy goal programming, an additive model." Fuzzy sets and systems24: 27-34.
- Biswas, A. and B. B. Pal (2005). "Application of fuzzy goal programming technique to land use planning in agricultural system." Omega33(5): 391-398.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omega.2004.07.003
- Chalam, G. A. (1994). "Fuzzy goal programming (FGP) approach to a stochastic transportation problem under budgetary constraint." Fuzzy sets and systems66(3): 293-299. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-0114(94)90096-5
- Da Silva, A. F., and F. A. S. Marins (2014). "A Fuzzy Goal Programming model for solving aggregate production-planning problems under uncertainty: A case study in a Brazilian sugar mill." Energy Economics45: 196-204. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2014.07.005
- Fasakhodi, A. A., et al. (2010). "Water resources sustainability and optimal cropping pattern in farming systems; a multi-objective fractional goal programming approach." Water resources management24(15): 4639-4657. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11269-010-9683-z
- Guo, P., et al. (2014). "Fuzzy chance-constrained linear fractional programming approach for optimal water allocation." Stochastic environmental research and risk assessment28(6): 1601-1612. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00477-013-0810-2
- Hannan, E. L. (1981). "On fuzzy goal programming." Decision Sciences12(3): 522-531.
- Jana, R., et al. (2016). "A hybrid probabilistic fuzzy goal programming approach for agricultural decision-making." International Journal of Production Economics173: 134-141. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2015.12.010
- Mirkarimi, S., et al. (2013). "Application of fuzzy goal programming in cropping pattern management of selected crops in Mazandaran province (case study Amol township)." International Journal of Agriculture and Crop Sciences6(15): 1062.
- Narasimhan, R. (1980). "Goal programming in a fuzzy environment." Decision Sciences11(2): 325-336.
- Pal, B. B., and I. Basu (1996). "Selection of appropriate priority structure for optimal land allocation in agricultural planning through goal programming." Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics51(3): 342.
- Rao, S., et al. (1992). "Fuzzy goal programming approach for structural optimization." AIAA journal30(5): 1425-1432. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.11079
- Regulwar, D. G., and J. B. Gurav (2011). "Irrigation planning under uncertainty-a multi-objective fuzzy linear programming approach." Water resources management25(5): 1387-1416. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11269-010-9750-5
- Sharma, D. K. (2016). "Fuzzy goal programming for agricultural land allocation problems." Yugoslav Journal of Operations Research17(1). https://doi.org/10.2298/YJOR0701031S
- Słowiński, R. (1986). "A multicriteria fuzzy linear programming method for water supply system development planning." Fuzzy sets and systems19(3): 217-237. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-0114(86)90052-7
- Tiwari, R. et al. (1987). "Fuzzy goal programming-an additive model." Fuzzy sets and systems24(1): 27-34.
- Yang, T., et al. (1991). "Fuzzy programming with nonlinear membership functions: piecewise linear approximation." Fuzzy sets and systems41(1): 39-53.https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-0114(91)90156-K
- Zadeh, L. A. (1965). "Fuzzy sets." Information and control8: 3.https://doi.org/10.1016/S0019-9958(65)90241-X
- Zeng, X., et al. (2010). "Fuzzy multi-objective linear programming applying to crop area planning." Agricultural Water Management 98(1): 134-142.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agwat.2010.08.010