Main Article Content
Purpose: In the modern era, the number of technical colleges increases rapidly due to the huge growth of the students. But the number of teachers is less compare to the number of students. So, there is a need for optimization of manpower in the institutes.
Methodology: In this paper, mathematical optimization is used with the help of linear programming by using permanent, contractual, and adjunct faculties with the help of three objectives for the engineering department, general department, and non-teaching staffs.
Main Finding: Finally, the outcome of the paper is different optimal values for three stated objectives.
Implication: The proposed method is the mathematical formulation of the optimization in a technical institute.
The novelty of Study: This paper deals with a mathematical model of manpower problem. A sample problem has solved to illustrate the procedure.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. IJSRTM is a SHERPA ROMEO Green Journal.
- Fagoyinbo, I. S. & Ajibode I. A. (2010). Application of Linear Programming Techniques in the Effective Use of Resources for Staff Training. (JETAS) I (2) (2010) 127- 132.
- Gray, L. (1993). The role of training providers in manpower planning. The Vocational Aspect of Education, 45(3), pp. 251-263. https://doi.org/10.1080/0305787930450306
- Gudi, S. K., Chhabra, M. & Rashid, M. (2019). Assessment of the impact of pharmacist-led face-to-face counselling on HIV/AIDS among school & college going students, and infected patients in south India. Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cegh.2019.01.006
- Gupta, P. K. & Hira, D. S. (2011). Operation Research. Delhi S. Chand Publishers, 2011,
- Kashyap, M. & Gupta (2014). Application of Linear Programming Techniques for Staff Training. (IJEIT) (2014) Vol.3.SSS
- Kaur, A. & Manhas, R. (2008). Use of Internet services and resources in the engineering colleges of Punjab and Haryana (India): A study. The International Information & Library Review, 40(1), pp. 10-20. https://doi.org/10.1080/10572317.2008.10762759
- Patel, N. K., Nivethitha, L. & Mooventhan, A. (2018). Effect of a Yoga Based Meditation Technique on Emotional Regulation, Self-compassion and Mindfulness in College Students. Explore, 14(6), pp. 443-447. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.explore.2018.06.008
- Samal, S. S. & Bharati, A. (2019). Gaps in engineering education with a categorical analysis on nanotechnology in India. Materials Today: Proceedings, 10, pp. 121-135. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2019.02.197
- Spaulding, S. (1977). Educational planning: Who does what to whom and with what effect?. Comparative Education, 13(1), pp. 55-67.
- Wilson, J. A. (1983). Manpower planning and the staffing needs of schools. British Journal of Educational Studies, 31(2), pp. 131-140. https://doi.org/10.1080/00071005.1983.9973652