Main Article Content
Purpose of the study: We propose an approach to hide data in an image with minimum Mean Squared Error (MSE) and maximum Signal-to-Noise ratio (SNR) using Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT).
Methodology: The methodology used by us considers the application of Discrete Wavelet transform to transform the values of the image into a different domain for embedding the information to be hidden in the image and then using Singular Value decomposition we decomposed the matrix values of the image for better data hiding.
Main Findings: The application of the SVD function gave the model a better performance and also RED pixel values with the High-High frequency domain are a better cover for hiding data.
Applications of this study: This article can be used for further research on applications of mathematical and frequency transformation functions on data hiding. It can also be used to implement a highly secure image steganography model.
Novelty/Originality of this study: The application of Discrete Wavelet Transform has been used before but the application of SVD and hiding data in the H-H domain to obtain better results is original.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. IJSRTM is a SHERPA ROMEO Journal.
- Anand, J. V. and Dharaneetharan, G. D. (2011). New approach in steganography by integrating different LSB algorithms and applying randomization concept to enhance security. In Proceedings of the 2011 International Conference on Communication, Computing & Security (ICCCS '11). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, pp. 474–476. https://doi.org/10.1145/1947940.1948038
- B, Mr & N, Ms &Michahial, Stafford. (2016). Image Compression using Singular Value Decomposition. IJARCCE, 5(12), 208-211. https://doi.org/10.17148/IJARCCE.2016.51246
- Chan, K and Cheng, L. M. (2004). Hiding data in images by simple LSB substitution. Pattern Recognition, 37, pp. 469-474. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2003.08.007
- Chen, P and Lin, H (2006). A DWT Based Approach for Image Steganography. International Journal of Applied Science and Engineering, 4(3), pp. 275- 290.
- Daneshkhah, A., Aghaeinia, H. and Seyedi, S. H. (2011). A More Secure Steganography Method in Spatial Domain. 2011 Second International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Modelling and Simulation, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, pp. 189-194. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISMS.2011.39
- Dey, S., Abraham, A. and Sanyal, S. (2007). An LSB Data Hiding Technique Using Prime Numbers. Third International Symposium on Information Assurance and Security, Manchester, UK, pp. 101-108. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISIAS.2007.4299758
- Hosseinzadeh, M.(2020). 4-Robust control applications in biomedical engineering: Control of depth of hypnosis. Control Applications for Biomedical Engineering Systems, pp 89-125. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-817461-6.00004-4
- Jain, A and Gupta, I. S. (2007). A JPEG compression resistant steganography scheme for raster graphics images. TENCON 2007 - 2007 IEEE Region 10 Conference, Taipei, Taiwan, pp. 1-4.
- Maiti C., Baksi D., Zamider I., Gorai P., Kisku D.R. (2011). Data Hiding in Images Using Some Efficient Steganography Techniques. In: Kim T., Adeli H., Ramos C., Kang BH. (eds) Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition. SIP 2011. Communications in Computer and Information Science, 260. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-27183-0_21
- Mathkour, H., Al-Sadoon, B. and Touir, A.(2008). A New Image Steganography Technique. 2008 4th International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, Dalian, China, pp. 1-4. https://doi.org/10.1109/WiCom.2008.2918
- Mehboob, B. and Faruqui, R. A. (2008). A stegnography implementation. 2008 International Symposium on Biometrics and Security Technologies, Isalambad, Pakistan, pp. 1-5. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISBAST.2008.4547669
- Neeta, D., Snehal, K. and Jacobs, D. (2007). Implementation of LSB Steganography and Its Evaluation for Various Bits. 2006 1st International Conference on Digital Information Management, Bangalore, India, pp. 173-178. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICDIM.2007.369349
- Qadir, A. M. and Varol, N. (2019). A Review Paper on Cryptography. 2019 7th International Symposium on Digital Forensics and Security (ISDFS), Barcelos, Portugal, pp. 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISDFS.2019.8757514
- Ramos, R, Valdez-Salas, B., Zlatev, R., Wiener, M. S., Rull, J. M. B. (2017). The Discrete Wavelet Transform and Its Application for Noise Removal in Localized Corrosion Measurements", International Journal of Corrosion, 2017, pp. 7. https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/7925404
- Skodras, A. N. (2015). Discrete Wavelet Transform: An Introduction.
- Thota, N. R., Devireddy, S. R. (2008). Image Compression Using Discrete Cosine Transform. Georgian Electronic Scientific Journal: Computer Science and Telecommunications,3 (17).
- Walia, E., Jain, P., Navdeep (2010). An Analysis of LSB & DCT based Steganography. Global Journal of Computer science & technology,10(1.0).
- Zhang, D. (2019). Wavelet Transform. In: Fundamentals of Image Data Mining. Texts in Computer Science. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-17989-2_3