Main Article Content
Purpose of study: The purpose of this conceptual study is to develop a more better understanding of hospitality One of the oldest profession known over time.
Methodology: This article is based on a conceptual study of the various definitions and sectors of the hospitality sector. This article also presents the various studies by different researchers and presents how a variety of researchers have classified hospitality in their studies.
Main Findings: This study has provided a new understanding of the hospitality industry and the various sectors associated with it.
Social Implications/Applications: This case study is a conceptual study done to define and understand the concept of hospitality in a much better perspective and it can help researchers from varied realms of hospitality to have much valuable insights of this term.
Originality: Hospitality has been defined by many researchers in many perspectives. This study has been done with a rigorous literature review then defined the term in a combination which has all aspects related to it. The study has then been supported by a case study of an eco-friendly resort- The Karma Lakelands. This study has been done to understand, explore and extend the basic principles of hospitality and the role of interior designing in it.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. IJTHR is a Sherpa Romeo Journal.
- Brotherton, B. (1999). Towards a definitive view of the nature of hospitality and hospitality management. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 11, 165-173.
- Brotherton, B. and Wood, R. (2000), Hospitality and hospitality management, in Lashley & Morrison, In Search of Hospitality, Butterworth Heinemann.
- Brotherton, B. (2002), Finding the hospitality industry (A Response to Paul Slattery), Journal of Hospitality, Leisure, Sport & Tourism Education,1(2), 75-77.
- Gee, C. Y., Makens, J. C., & Choy, D. J. (1989). The travel industry. New York: John Wiley.
- Gillespie, C.H. (1994), Gastrophy and Nouvelle Cuisine: Entrepreneurial Fashion and Fiction, British Food Journal, 96(10),19-23.
- Harrison, J. S., & Enz, C. A. (2005). Hospitality strategic management: Concepts and cases. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley.
- Hemmington, N (2004), Concepts of Hospitality – from service to experience, Proceedings I- CHRIE Conference, Philadelphia, July 2004.
- Hemmington, N. (2007). From Service to Experience; understanding and defining the hospitality business. The Service Industries Journal, 27(6), 747-755.
- Jayawardena, C. (2000), International Hotel Manager, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management,12(1), 67-69.
- Jones, P., & Lockwood, A. (1995). Hospitality operating systems. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 7(5), 17-20.
- King, C.A. (1995), What is hospitality? International Journal of Hospitality Management,14(3&4), 219-234.
- Kotler, P., Bowen, J., & Makens, J. (2006). Marketing for hospitality and tourism. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Lashley, C. (2000), Towards a theoretical understanding, in Lashley & Morrison, In Search of Hospitality, Butterworth Heinemann,1-17.
- Lashley, C. & Morrison, A. (2000), In Search of Hospitality; Theoretical perspectives and debates, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford.
- Lashley, C. (2001). Towards a theoretical understanding. In C. Lashley & A. Morrison (Eds.), In search of hospitality: Theoretical perspectives and debates (pp. 1-17). Oxford, UK: Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Ninemeier, J. D., & Perdue, J. (2005). Hospitality operations: Careers in the world’s greatest industry. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
- Nykiel, R. A. (2005). Hospitality management strategies. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
- Ottenbacher, M., Harrington, R., Parsa, H.G. (2009). Defining the hospitality discipline: a discussion of pedagogical and research implications. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, 33(3), 263-283.
- Pizam, A. (2020). Hospitality as an Organizational Culture. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research ,44(3), 431-438
- Powers, T., & Barrows, C. (2006). Introduction to management in the hospitality industry (8th ed). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley.
- Mehta, R. (2020). Luxury Redefined: A case study of the Ananda-in the Himalayas, Uttarakhand, India. International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Reviews, 7(1), 109-118.
- Slattery, P. (2002), Finding the hospitality industry, Journal of Hospitality, Leisure, Sport & Tourism Education,1(1), 19-28.
- Telfer, E. (2000), The philosophy of hospitableness, in Lashley & Morrison, In Search of Hospitality, Butterworth Heinemann.
- Walker, J. R. (2004). Introduction to hospitality management (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.