Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
SENTREPRENEURIAL TRAINING AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE: IMPLICATIONS FOR FUTURE
Corresponding Author(s) : Nadeem Khalid
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 2 (2019): March
Purpose: The aim of this paper is to enrich our scholarly understanding on the topic of organizational performance. The paper talks about entrepreneurial training and suggests that it can have a significant impact on boosting organizational performance and an organization needs to act concerning to enriching its critical values to ensure they do their best for the business.
Design/Methodology/Approach: This is a conceptual paper, which elaborates on the role and relationship between entrepreneurial training and organizational performance. The paper sheds light on how businesses can further their prosperity, performance and productivity through entrepreneurial training whilst reviewing prominent literature in the area.
Findings: The results of the paper are providing a conclusive understanding to the fact that scholars have reported significant impact of entrepreneurial training on organizational performance. The paper has found that empirical evidence is in line with the prepositions this gives confidence in asserting that all business sectors can responsively work on boosting their organizational performance through entrepreneurial training.
Originality/Value: The paper is based on the review of literature on the topics of interest pertaining to the undertaken variables.
- Ahmed, U., N. Khalid, A. Ammar and M.H. Shah, 2017. Assessing moderation of employee engagement on the relationship between work discretion, job clarity and business performance in the banking sector of Pakistan. Asian Economic and Financial Review, 7(12): 1197.https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.aefr.2017.712.1197.1210
- Ahmed, U., W.A. Umrani, M.H. Pahi and S.M.M. Shah, 2017. Engaging PhD students: Investigating the role of supervisor support and psychological capital in a mediated model. Iranian Journal of Management Studies, 10(2): 283-306.
- Alegre, J. and R. Chiva, 2013. Linking entrepreneurial orientation and firm performance: The role of organizational learning capability and innovation performance. Journal of Small Business Management, 51(4): 491-507.https://doi.org/10.1111/jsbm.12005
- Ali, A. and M. Haseeb, 2019. Radio frequency identification (RFID) technology as a strategic tool towards higher performance of supply chain operations in textile and apparel industry of Malaysia. Uncertain Supply Chain Management, 7(2): 215-226.https://doi.org/10.5267/j.uscm.2018.10.004
- Bharadwaj, S. and A. Menon, 2000. Making innovation happen in organisations: Individual creativity mechanisms, organisational creativity mechanism or both? Journal of Production and Innovation Management, 17: 424-434.https://doi.org/10.1016/S0737-6782(00)00057-6
- Boso, N., V.M. Story and J.W. Cadogan, 2013. Entrepreneurial orientation, market orientation, network ties, and performance: a Study of entrepreneurial firms in a developing economy. Journal of Business Venturing, 28(6): 708-727.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusvent.2013.04.001
- Buchholz, R.A. and S.B. Rosenthal, 2005. The spirit of entrepreneurship and the qualities of moral decision making: Toward a unifying framework. Journal of Business Ethics, 60(3): 307-315.https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-005-0137-0
- Codrina, C.L., 2008. A study of human resource management practices in romanian private companies. Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series, 17(4).
- Flynn, M., L. Dooley, D. O'sullivan and K. Cormican, 2003. Idea management for organisational innovation. International Journal of Innovation Management, 7(4): 417-442.https://doi.org/10.1142/S1363919603000878
- Hickman, C.R. and M.A. Silva, 2018. Creating excellence: Managing corporate culture, strategy, and change in the new age. Routledge.https://doi.org/10.4324/9781351065306
- Hoodbhoy, P., 2009. Pakistan's higher education system-what went wrong and how to fix it. The Pakistan Development Review, 48(4): 581-594.https://doi.org/10.30541/v48i4IIpp.581-594
- Kavinda, L., R. Maganjo and P.P. Kithae, 2013. Impact of entrepreneurship training on performance of micro and small enterprises (Mses) in Kenya: A case study of Embu Municipality. European centre for Research Training and Development. Available from http://ir-library.ku.ac.ke/handle/123456789/8077.
- Kearney, C., R.D. Hisrich and F. Roche, 2009. Public and private sector entrepreneurship: Similarities, differences or a combination? Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, 16(1): 26-46.https://doi.org/10.1108/14626000910932863
- McKenzie, D. and C. Woodruff, 2013. What are we learning from business training and entrepreneurship evaluations around the developing world? : The World Bank Research Observer, lkt007.https://doi.org/10.1596/1813-9450-6202
- Miller, D., 1988. Relating porter's business strategies to environment and structure: Analysis and performance implications. Academy of Management Journal, 31(2): 280-308.https://doi.org/10.2307/256549
- Pahi, M.H., S.M.M. Shah, U. Ahmed and W.A. Umrani, 2016. Investigating the issue of nurse job satisfaction: Role of esprit de corps, task significance, self-efficacy and resilience: A case study. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 6(4): 339-335.
- Petridou, E., A. Sarri and L.P. Kyrgidou, 2009. Entrepreneurship education in higher educational institutions: The gender dimension. Gender in Management: An International Journal, 24(4): 286-309.https://doi.org/10.1108/17542410910961569
- Rosli, M.M. and R. Mahmood, 2013. Moderating effects of human resource management practices and entrepreneur training on innovation and small-medium firm performance. Journal of Management and Strategy, 4(2): 60-69.https://doi.org/10.5430/jms.v4n2p60
- Schumpeter, J.A., 1949. Science and ideology. 1994: 224-238.
- Suryanto, T., M. Haseeb and N.H. Hartani, 2018. The correlates of developing green supply chain management practices: Firms level analysis in Malaysia. International Journal of Supply Chain Management, 7(5): 316.
- Timmons, J. and S. Spinelli, 2004. New venture strategies: Entrepreneurship for the 21st century. Burr Ridge, IL: Irwin-McGraw-Hill.
- Umrani, W.A., K.M. Kura and U. Ahmed, 2018. Corporate entrepreneurship and business performance: The moderating role of organizational culture in selected banks in Pakistan. PSU Research Review, 2(1): 59-80.https://doi.org/10.1108/PRR-12-2016-0011
- Urbano, D. and M. Guerrero, 2013. Entrepreneurial universities socioeconomic impacts of academic entrepreneurship in a European region. Economic Development Quarterly, 27(1): 40-55.https://doi.org/10.1177/0891242412471973
- Yamaguchi, M., 2018. Are foreign banks in china homogenous? Classification of their business patterns. Journal of Accounting, Business and Finance Research, 3(1): 10-17.https://doi.org/10.20448/2002.31.10.17
- Yao, T.K., O. Fouché, K.E. Kouadio and M.-S. Oga, 2017. Discontinuous nature of phreatic aquifers in granitic rocks at watershed scale: A stratiform model from perennial streams and well data. Asian Review of Environmental and Earth Sciences, 4(1): 20-27.https://doi.org/10.20448/journal.506.2017.41.20.27
- Yazdanjoo, S. and H. Fallahpour, 2018. A study on the correlation between creative thinking of iranian efl learners and using metaphor in descriptive writing tasks. International Journal of English Language and Literature Studies, 7(2): 32-44.https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.23.2018.72.32.44
- Yoke, C.C., Y.W. Mun, L.M. Peng and U.L. Yean, 2018. Purchase intention of residential property in greater kuala lumpur, malaysia. International Journal of Asian Social Science, 8(8): 580-590.https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.1.2018.88.580.590
- Zafarullah, M., 2018. Impact of vat on uae economy. Asian Development Policy Review, 6(1): 41-49.https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.107.2018.61.41.49
- Zahra, S.A., 1993. Environment, corporate entrepreneurship, and financial performance: A taxonomic approach. Journal of Business Venturing, 8(4): 319-340.https://doi.org/10.1016/0883-9026(93)90003-N
- Zheng, J., 2018. The incorporation of subject knowledge in teaching scientific translation. International Journal of English Language and Literature Studies, 7(2): 45-49.https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.23.2018.72.45.49