Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
SEMANTIC FEATURES OF THE PHRASEOLOGICAL UNITS WITH THE COMPONENT LIGHT THE WITHIN ARTISTIC DISCOURSE
Corresponding Author(s) : Stanislava B. Smirnova
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 4 (2019): July
Purpose: To conduct lexical and semantic analysis on the concept light in the artistic discourse of postmodern fiction.
Methodology: In this research, comparative method, search for synonyms, continuous sampling and seminal analysis are used.
Main Findings: As a result, it becomes obvious that the boundaries of the artistic concepts are extremely blurred and much wider than the boundaries of the corresponding non-artistic concepts. In conclusion, the concept light is frequently used in English artistic discourses, i.e. significant in the culture, and a special status in the semantic space of the concept light has the meaning of knowledge and information.
Applications: The study results can be used by students and universities.
Novelty/Originality: In this research, a model of the semantic features of the phraseological units with the component light is presented in a comprehensive and complete manner.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Irina A. Kuprieva, Elizaveta M. Brykova, Stanislava B. Smirnova, Olga I. Agafonova, Tatyana V. Perutskaya, Irina V. Belkina, IMAGE OF MUSLIM WOMEN REPRESENTED BY MEANS OF MODERN ENGLISH , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 4 (2019): July
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Aldiss, B. (2003). A tupolev too far. Harper Collins. London: UK.
- Ardakani, M. P., Lashkarian, A., & Sadeghzadeh, M. (2015). Words Without End: Translatability VS Untranslatability in TS Eliot’S Poem “Ash Wednesday”. UCT Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Research, 3(1), 40-51.
- Ash, R. (1991). Love by design. Richmond, Surrey: Mills & Boon.UK.
- Avazzadeh, E. (2015). The Effect of Corporate Governance Components on Dividend and Financing Policies. UCT Journal of Management and Accounting Studies, 3(2), 10-16.
- Bainbridge, B. (2000). An awfully big adventure. Duckworth & Company Ltd. London: UK.
- Boldyrev, N. (2013). Cognitive semantics. Tambov: Tambov University Press. Russia.
- Butters, R. (1991). Look about and die. Lewes, East Sussex: The Book Guild Ltd. London: UK.
- Dudley, E. (1993). Clubbed to death. Victor Gollancz Ltd. London: UK.
- Fedosova, T. (2015). Reflection of Time in Postmodern Literature. Athens Journal of Philology. Vol. 2, No 2. 77-87. Athens.
- Groden, M. (2013). Guide to Literary Theory & Criticism. The John Hopkins University Press. Denver: USA.
- Javid, E., Nazari, M &Ghaeli, M. (2019). Social media and e-commerce: A scientometrics analysis. International Journal of Data and Network Science, 3(3), 269-290.
- Jones, R. (2013). Discourse and creativity. University of Reading. London: Routledge. pp. 1-13. London: UK.
- Karasik, V. (2014). Language field: personality, concepts, discourse. Volgograd: Peremena. Russia.
- Kunimzhan, S. (2016). Concept as the Main Research Object of Cognitive Linguistics. International journal of environmental & science education. Vol. 10. Pp. 168-178.Almaty. Kazakhstan.
- Kuprieva, I. (2013). The conceptual base of meaning formation of lexical units nominating mental processes in the contemporary English discourse. TSPU Bulletin. Tambov. Vol. 10. pp. 24-31. Russia.
- Kuprieva, I., & Smirnova, S. (2016). Cognitive structures of knowledge as a subject to linguistic researching. VestnickBelGU. pp. 129-134.Belgorod. Russia.
- Leech, G., & Rayson, P. (2015). Word Frequencies in Written and Spoken English: based on the British National Corpus. Longman. London: UK.
- Melo, R., Bezerra, M. C., Dantas, J., Matos, R., de Melo Filho, I. J., Oliveira, A. S., ... &Maciel, P. R. M. (2017). Sensitivity analysis techniques applied in cloud computing environments. In 2017 12th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies (CISTI) (pp. 1-7). IEEE.
- Rezaei, A. (2014). Post-Modernism features in English Literature. International Journal on English Language and Literature. Vol. No 2: 16-20. Madison. USA.
- Salimi, D., Tavasoli, K., Gilani, E., Jouyandeh, M & Sadjadi, S. (2019). The impact of social media on marketing using bibliometrics analysis. International Journal of Data and Network Science, 3(3), 165-184.
- Shang, B. (2014). Postmodernist Poetics and Narratology. Comparative Literature and Culture. Vol. 16, No 3: 2-5. West Lafayette.Indiana.
- Shatilova, L. M., Borisova, V. V., & Kasatkina, O. A. (2018). Representation of the linguistic and cultural concept “lie” in the French and Russian language picture of the world. Opción, 34(85-2), 257-276.
- Suleri, J., & Cavagnaro, E. (2016). Promoting pro-environmental printing behavior: The role of ICT barriers and sustainable values. International Journal of Education and Development using ICT, 12(2).
- Vieira Alves, F. R. (2018). The Quaterniontonic and Octoniontonic Fibonacci Cassini’s Identity: An Historical Investigation with the Maple’s Help. International Electronic Journal of Mathematics Education, 13(3), 125-138.