Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
THE SERBIAN PEOPLE AND THE STATE TO THE TURKISH CONQUEST: THE EXPERIENCE OF HISTORICAL-LEGAL RESEARCH
Corresponding Author(s) : Victor Yu. Melnikov
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 4 (2019): July
Purpose: The article analyzes the hypotheses about the Carpathian and Azov ancestral home of the Serbian tribes and the political role of the territory of ancient Raska in the formation of medieval Serbian statehood via comparative legal and historical methods.
Methodology: The methodological basis of this study is the dialectical method of cognition of social and legal phenomena and the concepts in their development and interdependence. Data was obtained from scientific, historical, and legal documents.
Main Findings: The drafters of the Law sought to overcome the disparity in court proceedings and bring legal norms into a certain system, taking into account the needs of feudalism. The author comes to the conclusion that the preservation of Serbian ethnic identity influenced the restoration of statehood in the XIX century due to the spiritually and economically self-governing zadruge.
Applications: This research can be used by historical organizations, educational organizations as well as by history scholars.
Novelty/Originality: Serbian people and Turkish conquest has been studied using historical-legal documents.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Victor Yu. Melnikov, Marina A. Cherkasova, Andrei V. Seregin, Diana A. Stepanenko, Mihail A. Mushinskiy, Roman A. Stepanenko, A STUDY OF EXTREMISM AS A COMPLEX INTER-BRANCH CONCEPT , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 4 (2019): July
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Abayeva, G. (2018). Modern teacher role for increasing the students’ competence in pedagogical specialty. Opción, 34(85-2), 415-440.
- Araújo, C., Henriques, P. R., & Martini, R. G. (2018). Virtual Learning Spaces Creation Based on the Systematic Population of an Ontology. Journal of Information Systems Engineering & Management, 3(1), 07.
- Arguchintsev, G. (2006). History of the state and law of the Slavic peoples: a course of lectures for students majoring in law. p. 31. Minsk. Belarus.
- Bahremand, A. (2015). The concept of translation in different teaching approaches and methods. UCT Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Research, 3(1), 5-9.
- Ermolovich, V. (2003). Judicial system and legal proceedings in medieval Serbia. Law and democracy: collection of scientific works. Vol. 14. pp. 125 – 137. Belarus.
- Iravani, M. R., Niknejadi, F., & Jahandoost, Z. (2015). The Relationship Between Age and Job Satisfaction Consultants Government Girls High School in Isfahan in 2012-2013 Academic Year. Health, 70(22.65), 24.
- Kozhabergenova, G. E., Taubaeva, S., Bulatbayeva, A. A., Kabakova, M. P., & Asanov, N. A. (2018). The Stewardship of School Counselor Education in Higher Educational Establishments. Opción, 34(85-2), 386-414.
- Laamena, C. M., Nusantara, T., Irawan, E. B., & Muksar, M. (2018). How do the Undergraduate Students Use an Example in Mathematical Proof Construction: A Study based on Argumentation and Proving Activity? International Electronic Journal of Mathematics Education, 13(3), 185-198.
- Muyambiri, B., & Chabaefe, N. N. (2018). The Finance–Growth Nexus in Botswana: A Multivariate Causal Linkage. Dutch Journal of Finance and Management, 2(2), 03.
- Seregin, A. (2015). State and law of southern and Western Slavs in medieval Europe. p. 162. Romania.
- Shchapov, Y. (1978). Byzantine and southern Slav legal heritage in Russia in the XI – XIII centuries. p. 25. Belarus.
- YErmolovich, V. (2008). Comparative analysis of the main institutions of medieval procedural law of Serbia and the countries of continental Europe. Law and democracy: collection of scientific works. Tr. Vol. 19. p. 89. Belarus.
- Živković, T. (2013). On the Baptism of the Serbs and Croats in the Time of Basil I (867-886). St. Petersburg Slavic and Balkan studies. No 1. p. 49. Romania.