Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
A JOURNEY FROM STRUGGLE TO PROMINENCE IN THE INDIAN FILM PINK
Corresponding Author(s) : Lourdes Antoinette Shalini
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 5 (2019): September
Purpose of the study: This work explores feminism as a conceptual framework for viewing society and its impact on women by analyzing the changes in women’s life and attitude through the film Pink.
Methodology: The study is descriptive research and is analyzed through the content and follows interpretive methods for critical analysis.
Main Findings: An amazing, valiant movie that spotlights on real young women who live genuine lives and manage thorny routine issues, which every young woman faces all over the world and relates with.
Applications of this study: The present work is interpreted in the light of feminist theory and criticism which has paved path for many solutions all over the world through not only writings but also by various means, in which films play a vital role where the struggles have been brought out in the screen so that women could relate themselves with the characters portrayed in the films which are not only imaginative; but the real face of many unknown women in the society.
Novelty/Originality of this study: The present work differs and deals with the co-existence that this society should abide by, be it a man or women both have equal roles in the society and through the lead actor this bold issue has been dealt in the film Pink.
- Charulatha, A. (2017). Female-Centric Films in India: A Feminist Critique. Social Sciences International Research Journal, 3(1). http://www.imrfjournals.in/pdf/MATHS/SSIRJ-NEW-JOURNALS/SSIRJ-31/60.pdf
- Mohapatra, H. (2015). Status of Women in Indian Society. Journal of Research in Humanities and Social Science, 3(6) pp:33-36 http://www.questjournals.org/jrhss/papers/vol3-issue6/F363336.pdf
- Pink. (2016). Dir.Shoojit Sircar, and Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury.Perf. Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu, Kirti Kulhari, Andrea Tariang, and Angad Bedi.Rashmi Sharma Telefilms and NH Studioz. Film https://www.hotstar.com/in/movies/pink/1000154578/watch?utm_source=gwa
- Roof Judith, (2018). The Feminist Foundations of Narrative Theory Cambridge University Press pp 72-86 https://www.cambridge.org/core/books/cambridge-companion-to-narrative-theory/feminist-foundations-of-narrative-theory/E7B127310BFBD5D6429620CE79D11964/core-reader. https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108639149.007 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108639149.007
- Sahebrao Aher Varsha, (2016). Portrayal of ‘The New Woman’: A Feminist Reading of Manju Kapur’s Difficult Daughters. Pune Research World An International Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, 1(2) http://puneresearch.com/media/data/issues/575b0f0f237a6.pdf
- Sarkar, S and Gagne, P. (2016). Women-Centric Films in India Contemporary Journal of Anthropology and Sociology https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/a39f/8c809bf907c0ae25c6c94ff1ff4a636b7a61.pdf
- Shalini, L.A. & Alamelu, C. (2017). Struggle for inclusiveness and identity in the movies: English Vinglish and 36 Vayadhinile. 97. 209-216. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/3 16254356_Struggle_for _inclusive ness_and_identity_in_the_movies_English_vinglish_and_36_vayadhinile
- Shalini, L.A. & Alamelu, C. (2018). The Invisibilization of Women in a Societal Propinquity and A Rummage for Carte Blanche Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical & Control Systems, 10 (9) http://jardcs.org/papers/v10/20183000.pdf
- Tabatabai, M. R. (2016) Women and Their Portrayal in Indian Cinema International Journal of Humanities And Cultural Studies 2 (4) https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/a644/a8f98326f347fa9801a598d62b8c409e242e.pdf
- Tere, N. S. (2012). Gender reflections in mainstream Hindi cinema. Global Media Journal 3 (1) 1-9. https://www.caluniv.ac.in/global-mdia-journal/Students'%20Research/SR4%20NIDHI.pdf
- Pink movie review: A blazing indictment of all that’s wrong with us. (2018). The Indian EXPRESS. Retrieved 20 March 2018, from http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/movie-review/pink-movie-review-amitabh- bachchan-taapsee-pannu-star-rating-3032180/
- Pink: The girls are alright, but the boys?. (2018). The Hindu. Retrieved 20 March 2018, from http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/Pink-The-girls-are-alright-but-the-boys/article14639361.ece
- Pink movie dialogues (2018). Bollywood Clown. Retrieved 20 March 2018, from http://www.bollywoodc lown.com/pink-movie-dialogues-quotes-all-dialogues-amitabh-bachchan-taapsee-pannu/