Purpose: This paper aims to present a picture of the evolution, present condition and the prospect of Comparative Literature in the academic world of Assam by mainly giving example of the numerous works done on the discipline in Assam, the syllabus of Dibrugarh and Gauhati University and the research works and projects done in these respective universities.
Methodology: The research methods mainly used in this study are analytical and survey methods. The necessary materials are collected from library and used, with proper observation and analysis, to justify the proposed ideas.
Main Findings: This paper, with clear data, seems to cast light on the trajectory of Comparative Literature in Assam, especially of the present situation and with the observation of these data, an effort is made to get a view of its prospect.
Application: Besides getting acquainted with the evolution of the discipline of Comparative Literature in Assam, this paper seems to be beneficial in comprehending the required adaptation and changes for the discipline in the current situation.
Novelty/Originality: The significance of this paper lies in its effort to give a critical look at the discipline from its beginning to the present situation and most importantly, the discussion of the lacks and faults of its practice and of various steps for the development of the discipline in the state will be very relevant and instrumental in the context of Assam.
- Ayer, N.E. Biswanath (2003), Anubad Kala, Prabhat Prakashan, New Delhi, Sanskaran
- Bezborah, N. Mahanta (2009), Tulanamulak Sahitya _ Ek Gatishil Anushashan, Neog, Bibha Dutta, & Handique Nivedita
- B., Sahityar Swad-Baicitra, Assam (India), Kiran Prakashan
- Bezborah, N. Mahanta (1999), Tulanamulak Bharitya Sahitya, Dibrugarh, Assam, Banalata
- Bezborah, N. Mahanta (2019), Asamat Tulamulak Sahitya Sathik Dixe Aagbahisene? In Anuradha Sarmah Pujari (ed.),
- Satsori, September, p.34-38
- Bora, Tanuja, & Nath, Dhrubajyoti (2017). Comparative Literature in Assam: History and Practice, In Nath, Dhrubajyoti,
- Tulanamulak Sahitya – Patabhumikat Asom (pp 121-136), Assam (India): Purbanchal Prakash
- Buzarboruah, Pallavi Deka, (2008). Assamese Literature and Rabindra Philosophy, Assamese Literature:
- Characteristics and Context, pp.12-17
- Buzarboruah, Pallavi Deka, (2014). Comparative Indian Literature: an approach to a School, International
- Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention, pp.54-64
- Buzarboruah, Pallavi Deka (2017). School of Comparative Literature: History and Present, In Nath, Dhrubajyoti (ed.),
- Tulanamulak Sahitya – Patabhumikat Asom (pp 32-65), Assam (India): Purbanchal Prakash
- Buzarboruah, Pallavi Deka (2018), Rabindranath Romanticism and Assamese Romantic Poetry, Gariokhi, September,
- Buzarboruah, Pallavi Deka, (2013), Tulanamulak Sahityatattwa, Dibrugarh-1, Assam, Banalata, Publication.
- Fokkema, W. Dollwe (1987), Issue in General & Comparative Literature, Papyrus 2 Ganendra Mitra Lane, Calcutta
- Harris, M., Karper, E., Stacks, G., Hoffman, D., DeNiro, R., Cruz, P., et al. (2001). Writing labs and the
- hollywood connection. Journal of Film Writing, 44(3), 213–245
- Hazarika, Karabi Deka (2003), Tulanamulak Sahitya Aru Anubad Kala, Banalata, Dibrugarh
- Hazarika, Karabi Deka & Buzarboruah, Pallavi Deka (2008), Tulanamulak Sahitya : Bikash Aru Bibortan, Assamese
- Department, Dibrugarh University
- Sharma, Jageswar (1977), Tulanamulak Sahitya, In Bhuyan, Jogendra Narayan (ed.), Assam Sahitya Sbha Patrika, p.1-4
- Kataki, Prafulla, (2012) Tulanamulak Sahitya aru Anubad Bisar, Guwahati, Panbazar, Jyoti Prakashan, Assam
- Nath, Dhrubajyoti (2017), Tulanamulak Sahitya – Patabhumikat Asom, Assam (India) : Purbanchal Prakash
- Saikia, Samutjal (2018), Assamot ‘Tulanamulak Sahity’r Etihas Aru Jageswar Sharma, In Pujari, Anuradha Sarmah (ed.),
- Satsori, December, p.8-9
- Panikar, K. Ayyappa (1992), An Indian Apparoch, Spotlight on Comparative Indian Literature, Papyrus, Calcutta
- Remark, Henry, H. (1961), Comparative Literature. Carbondal Southern Illinois University Press
- Saikia, Nagen (2011), Sahitya-Badabaicitra, Dibrugarh, Assam (India), Kaustubh Prakashan