Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
RUSSIAN SPECIALIZED PERIODICALS IN CULTURE AS A MODERN COMMUNICATIVE CHANNEL
Corresponding Author(s) : Roman V. Zinin
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 5 (2019): September
Purpose: The key factor of modern society development is mass media, and nowadays its demanded business model is the translation of advertising information.
Methodology: The solution to the research problem posed in this work required the application of the following methods: theoretical analysis, typological analysis, content analysis, and periodical comparative study.
Result: Specialized periodicals in the field of culture occupy a separate niche in the system of modern mass media and are focused on specialized needs meetings of different social audiences. This type of media is also involved in advertising communication. First of all, this happens due to the maintenance of its activities, the preservation of quantitative self-sufficiency and the substantial identity of this type of periodicals. The article is devoted to the consideration of Russian specialized periodicals in culture as a communication channel demanded by society.
Applications: This research can be used for universities, teachers, and students.
Novelty/Originality: In this research, the model of Russian Specialized Periodicals in Culture as a Modern Communicative Channel is presented in a comprehensive and complete manner.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Akopov, A. I. (1995). Periodicals. Rostov-on-Don: Publishing House of Rostov University (In Russian).
- Akopov, A. I. (2002). Some journalistic issues: history, theory, problems. Rostov-on-Don: Terra Publishing House: 274 (In Russian).
- Bandura, A. (2009). Media Effects: Advances in Theory and Re-search. New York: Routledge: 94 – 124.
- Baym, G. (2017). Long-form television broadcasting at the intersections of news and narrative. Journalism, 18(1), 11–26. https://doi.org/10.1177/1464884916657521 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1464884916657521
- Chukov, P. I. (2004). Specialized newspapers as a type of publication. Thesis K.Filol. n Rostov-on-Don: 201. // Access mode: Scientific library of dissertations and abstracts of disserCat http://www.dissercat.com/content/spetsializirovannye-gazety-kak-tip-izdaniya# ixzz4DbXRHnEQ. (date of the application: June 13, 2018) (In Russian).
- Deuze, M., & Witschge, T. (2018). Beyond journalism: Theorizing the transformation of journalism. Journalism, 19(2), 165–181. https://doi.org/10.1177/1464884916688550 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1464884916688550
- Gerula, M. (2004). Mass-media as a tool for creating the surrounding reality. Intercultural communications in the modern world: the role of the media: Proceedings of the Intern. Scientific (Practical Conf. (Yekaterinburg), April 17-18, 2014) / Red. D.L. Strovsky. – Ekaterinburg: Ural Publishing House Un-ta: 35 − 38 (In Russian).
- Ivanitsky, V. L. (2009). Mass media business concept: nature, content, implementation strategies // Mediascope, 4. // Access mode: http://www.mediascope.ru/?q=node/449 (in Russian).
- Koehler, C., & Jost, P. B. (2019). Coverage of the Normative Media Logic. The International Journal of Press / Politics, 24(2), 233 – 253. https://doi.org/10.1177/1940161218821802 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1940161218821802
- Korkonosenko, S. G. (2001). The basics of journalism: A textbook for universities. M .: Aspect Press: 287 (In Russian).
- Korochenskiy, A. P. (2002). “Fifth power?” The phenomenon of medi-diacritics in the context of the information market. - Rn / D: International Institute of Journalism and Philology, 272 (In Russian).
- Luhman, N. (2005). The Reality of the Media / Per. with him. A. Antenovskogo. M .: Praxis: 256 (In Russian).
- Mast, J., Coesemans, R., & Temmerman, M. (2017). Hybridity and the news: Blending genres and interaction patterns. Journalism, 18(1), 3 – 10. https://doi.org/10.1177/1464884916657520 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1464884916657520
- Mast, J., Coesemans, R., & Temmerman, M. (2019). Constructive journalism: Concepts, practices, and discourses. Journalism, 20(4), 492 – 503. https://doi.org/10.1177/1464884918770885 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1464884918770885
- Mehraj, H. K. (2014). Impacts of Media on Society: A Sociological Perspective. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science. ISSN (Online): 2319-7722, ISSN (Print): 2319-7714. www.ijhssi.org Volume 3 Issue 6 ǁ June, 56 – 64.
- Milchik, A. E., & Goltseva, E. V. (1990). Typology of publications. M.: Publishing house "Book Chamber": 231 (In Russian).
- Polonskiy, A. V. (2009). The essence and language of journalism. - Belgorod: Polyterra: 238 (In Russian).
- Polonskiy, A.V. (2017). Media reality: what can we say about it today? // Media linguistics: II International scientific conference. Red. A. A. Malyshev. 2017.: 329− 331. (in Russian)
- Prokhorov, E. P. (2002). Introduction to the theory of journalism. - M.: RIP-holding (In Russian).
- Salaverría, R. (2017). Typology of digital news media: theoretical bases for their classification.
- Slater, M. D. (2007). Reinforcing spirals, Communication Theory, 17(3), 281–303. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2885.2007.00296.x DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2885.2007.00296.x
- Swart, J., Peters, C., & Broersma, M. (2017). Navigating cross-media news. Journalism Studies, 18(11), 1343 − 1362. https://doi.org/10.1080/1461670X.2015.1129285 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/1461670X.2015.1129285
- System of the Russian Media (2011). / Ed. Ya.N. Zasursky. M.: Aspect Press: 391.
- Thorsen, E., & Jackson, D. (2018). Seven characteristics defining online news formats. Digi-tal Journalism, 6(7), 847-868. https://doi.org/10.1080/21670811.2018.1468722 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/21670811.2018.1468722
- Typology of the periodical press (2009). Red. M.V Shkondin, L.L. Resnyanskaya. - M .: Aspect Press: 236. (in Russian)
- Union Joint catalog "Press of Russia" (Electronic resource). // Access mode: http://www.pressa-rf.ru/cat/1/subject/22/ (date of the application: 12/20/2015). (in Russian)
- Vartanova, E. L. (2010). On the modern understanding of the media and journalism // Mediaskop, 1. // Access mode: http://www.mediascope.ru/node/521 (In Russian).
- Zinin, R. V. (2017). Specialized Editions in the Sphere of Culture: classification Experience // Discoursology and Media Critics of Mass Media. Collection of Scientific Works on Materials of International Scientific and Practical Conference / Red. A.V. Polonskiy, M.Yu. Kazak, S.V. Ushakova: 59 − 67 (In Russian).