Main Article Content
business innovation, organizational culture, intellectual capital, social capital, psychological capital
Purpose of Study: The paper sheds lights on the idea of business innovation through pouring scholarly review of the literature. The papers objects to provide scholars enthusiastic about business innovation to understand how intellectual, social and psychological capital can be of prominence and the acute role organizational culture can play to further it.
Methodology: The paper has strived to advance intellectual understanding of scholars in the area through underlining the direct and indirect links between these factors to help organizational practitioners obtain competitive results for their respective organizations.
Results: The paper also outlines limited studies on these relationships thus, encouraging scholars for empirical attention in the near future.
2. Ahmed, A. and H.S. Ogalo, 2019. From hrm to e-hrm: Contemporary developments from scholarly work. Annals of Contemporary Developments in Management & HR, 1(1): 1-6.Available at: https://doi.org/10.33166/acdmhr.2019.01.001.
3. Akram, T., S. Lei, M.J. Haider and M.W. Akram, 2017. What impact do structural, relational and cognitive organisational social capital have on employee innovative work behaviour? A study from China. International Journal of Innovation Management, 21(02): 1750012.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1142/s1363919617500128.
4. Bakytgul, W., M. Ahmed and Y. Kim, 2019. Corporate entrepreneurship and organizational performance: The moderating role of organizational engagement. Annals of Contemporary Developments in Management & HR, 1(1): 39-45.
5. Bandura, A., 1997. Self-efficacy: The exercise of control. Macmillan, 35(3).Available at: https://doi.org/10.5860/choice.35-1826.
6. Bandura, A., 2012. On the functional properties of perceived self-efficacy revisited. 38(1): 9-44.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1177/0149206311410606.
7. Barron, F. and D.M. Harrington, 1981. Creativity, intelligence, and personality. Annual Review of Psychology, 32(1): 439-476.
8. Bergek, A., M. Hekkert and S. Jacobsson, 2008. Functions in innovation systems: A framework for analysing energy system dynamics and identifying goals for system-building activities by entrepreneurs and policy makers. Innovation for a Low Carbon Economy: Economic, Institutional and Management Approaches, 28(7): 393-407.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.technovation.2008.01.002.
9. Bohlmann, J.D., J. Spanjol, W.J. Qualls and J.A. Rosa, 2013. The interplay of customer and product innovation dynamics: An exploratory study. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 30(2): 228-244.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5885.2012.00962.x.
10. Bruque, S. and J. Moyano, 2007. Organisational determinants of information technology adoption and implementation in SMEs: The case of family and cooperative firms. Technovation, 27(5): 241-253.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.technovation.2006.12.003.
11. Conway, S., 1995. Informal boundary-spanning communication in the innovation process: An empirical study. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, 7(3): 327-342.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1080/09537329508524216.
12. Damanpour, F., 1991. Organizational innovation: A meta-analysis of effects of determinants and moderators. Academy of Management Journal, 34(3): 555-590.Available at: https://doi.org/10.5465/256406.
13. De Jong, J. and D. Den Hartog, 2010. Measuring innovative work behaviour. Creativity and Innovation Management, 19(1): 23-36.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8691.2010.00547.x.
14. Dinopoulos, E. and C. Syropoulos, 2007. Rent protection as a barrier to innovation and growth. Economic Theory, 32(2): 309-332.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00199-006-0124-4.
15. Dumay, J., J. Rooney and L. Marini, 2013. An intellectual capital-based differentiation theory of innovation practice. Journal of Intellectual Capital, 14(4): 608-633.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1108/jic-02-2013-0024.
16. Elsetouhi, A., I. Elbeltagi and M.Y. Haddoud, 2015. Intellectual capital and innovations: Is organisational capital a missing link in the service sector? International Journal of Innovation Management, 19(02): 1550020.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1142/s1363919615500206.
17. Forsman, H., 2011. Innovation capacity and innovation development in small enterprises. A comparison between the manufacturing and service sectors. Research Policy, 40(5): 739-750.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respol.2011.02.003.
18. Luthans, F., C.M. Youssef and B.J. Avolio, 2007. Psychological capital: Developing the human competitive edge.
19. Majid, M.B. and M.S. Mahmud, 2019. Knowledge management and its impact on organizational performance: Evidence from Pakistan. Annals of Contemporary Developments in Management & HR, 1(1): 7-14.Available at: https://doi.org/10.33166/acdmhr.2019.01.002.
20. Maroofi, F., 2016. Investigating the links between the distinct layers of an organization’s culture and innovative behaviours. International Journal of Innovation Management, 20(7): 1-28.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1142/s1363919616500729.
21. Masten, A.S., 2002. Resilience in development. Handbook of Positive Psychology, 74: 88.
22. Moon, Y.J. and H.G. Kym, 2006. A model for the value of intellectual capital. Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences, 23(3): 253-269.
23. Moran, P., 2005. Structural vs. Relational embeddedness: Social capital and managerial performance. Strategic Management Journal, 26(12): 1129-1151.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.486.
24. O'Donovan, G., 2008. The corporate culture handbook: How to plan, implement and measure a successful culture change programme. Development and Learning in Organizations: An International Journal, 22(1).Available at: https://doi.org/10.1108/dlo.2008.08122aae.001.
25. Olaoye, C.O. and C.T. Olanipekun, 2018. Impact of forensic accounting and investigation on corporate governance in Ekiti State. Journal of Accounting, Business and Finance Research, 4(1): 28-36.
26. Oluwaseun, G.O. and L.A. Boboye, 2017. Randomness of stock return in Nigerian banking sector. Asian Journal of Economics and Empirical Research, 4(2): 99-105.
27. Peel, R., N. Caltabiano, B. Buckby and K. McBain, 2018. Mental health diagnoses and relationship breakdown: Which is the chicken and which the egg? International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change, 4(3): 98-116.
28. Pragati, S. and D. Varsha, 2018. Employee engagement, work autonomy and innovative work behaviour: An empirical study. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change, 4(2): 158-175.
29. Qiu, X., X. Yan and Y. Lv, 2015. The effect of psychological capital and knowledge sharing on innovation performance for professional technical employees. Journal of Service Science and Management, 8(4): 545-551.Available at: https://doi.org/10.4236/jssm.2015.84055.
30. Ramkumar, A. and G. Rajini, 2018. Innovative human resource practices and selected H.R. Outcomes in software firms. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change, 4(2): 134-157.
31. Ramkumar, A. and G. Rajini, 2018. Personality and success level prediction of individuals using soft skills measures and its performance evaluation. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change, 4(1): 112-131.
32. Rego, A., F. Sousa, C. Marques and M.P.E. Cunha, 2012. Authentic leadership promoting employees psychological capital and creativity. Journal of Business Research, 65(3): 429-437.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2011.10.003.
33. Robison, L.J., A.A. Schmid and M.E. Siles, 2002. Is social capital really capital? Review of Social Economy, 60(1): 1-21.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1080/00346760110127074.
34. Romina, C.E., 2018. Serious leisure, self-perceptions and everyday creativity. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change, 4(1): 52-73.
35. Ross, W.P., 2018. Art-led communitas for developing improved mental health in higher education in a time of rapid change. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change, 4(3): 125-141.
36. Saeed, N. and A.I. Kayani, 2018. Role of college principals in promoting quality of education in District Kotli AJ&K. Asian Journal of Contemporary Education, 2(2): 149-158.
37. Sandy, W., 2018. Factors influencing Indonesian students satisfaction during their studies in China. Asian Journal of Contemporary Education, 2(2): 136-148.
38. Scheier, M.F., C.S. Carver and M.W. Bridges, 2001. Optimism, pessimism, and psychological well-being. Optimism and Pessimism: Implications for Theory, Research, and Practice, 1: 189-216.
39. Schein, E.H., 2004. Organizational culture and leadership. 3rd Edn., San Francisco: Jossey Bass.
40. Shahani, N.N., M. Nawaz and N. Dharejo, 2019. Two facets of organizational politics, the constructive and destructive role of organizational politics on employee work related attitudes: A theoretical study. Annals of Contemporary Developments in Management & HR, 1(1): 15-22.Available at: https://doi.org/10.33166/acdmhr.2019.01.003.
41. Sharifirad, M.S., 2013. Transformational leadership, innovative work behavior, and employee well-being. Global Business Perspectives, 1(3): 198-225.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1007/s40196-013-0019-2.
42. Sørensen, J.B., 2002. The strength of corporate culture and the reliability of firm performance. Administrative Science Quarterly, 47(1): 70-91.Available at: https://doi.org/10.2307/3094891.
43. Steenkamp, N. and J. Hooks, 2011. Does including pictorial disclosure of intellectual capital resources make a difference? Pacific Accounting Review, 23(1): 52-68.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1108/01140581111130661.
44. Tahir, R., M.R. Athar, F. Faisal, N.N. Shahani and B. Solangi, 2019. Green organizational culture: A review of literature and future research agenda. Annals of Contemporary Developments in Management & HR, 1(1): 23-38.Available at: https://doi.org/10.33166/acdmhr.2019.01.004.
45. Tata, J. and S. Prasad, 2015. National cultural values, sustainability beliefs, and organizational initiatives. Cross Cultural Management, 22(2): 278-296.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1108/ccm-03-2014-0028.
46. Uslaner, E.M. and P. Dekker, 2001. The social of social capital. Social Capital and Participation in Everyday Life: 176-187.
47. Watson, T.J., 2006. Organising and managing work: Organisational, managerial and strategic behaviour in theory and practice. Pearson Education.
48. Yuan, F. and R.W. Woodman, 2010. Innovative behavior in the workplace: The role of performance and image outcome expectations. Academy of Management Journal, 53(2): 323-342.Available at: https://doi.org/10.1108/dlo.2010.08124fad.010.