Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
REFLECTION OF LABOR MARKET INTERESTS AND EXPECTATIONS IN EDUCATIONAL ORDER FOR CONTEMPORARY SCHOOL
Corresponding Author(s) : Olga V. Rogach
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 5 (2019): September
Purpose of the study: The main objective of the study was the analysis of key labor market request content for the secondary education system, the level of employers' expectations compliance and actual learning outcomes, the research of resources and partnership interaction limitations of all interesting subjects in the process of an educational order development.
Methodology: The main method was the questionnaire survey of experts (individual entrepreneurs, the heads of industrial and structural divisions) of Moscow (N = 316). The results of the expert survey showed the interest of employers in close cooperation with school in order to reflect the interests of the labor market in the educational order adequately.
Results: The most motivated group is a small business, the leaders of the lowest level in the sphere of trade and service, who directly interact with the school graduates in the process of their early start of labor activity. The experts noted the problems in the development of the social competencies among schoolchildren: excessive self-esteem, an excessive level of claims, low level of willingness to work in a team, the lack of such qualities as responsiveness and responsibility. The cooperation between school and employers is limited to traditional sponsorship practices. The interaction of employers and educational institutions is quite fragmentary, it depends on a variety of random factors (personal and situational motives), which does not ensure the stability and the effectiveness of social partnership.
Applications of this study: This research can be used for the universities, teachers, and students.
Novelty/Originality of this study: In this research, the model of Reflection of Labor Market Interests and Expectations in Educational Order for Contemporary School is presented in a comprehensive and complete manner.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Agafonov N. N., Breach R. A., Gadaev D. N. (2009) The maintenance of public order education system: effective mechanisms of how to design a professional environment and mechanisms for the presentation of the results of the execution of a public procurement professional community: Materials of sociological research. Perm: Laboratory of sociological research and social design of PSPU.
- Antikainen A. (2010) The Capitalist State and Education // Current Sociology. 58, 4. - P. 530-550. https://doi.org/10.1177/0011392110367988 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0011392110367988
- Bailey T. (1991) Jobs of the Future and the Education They Will Require: Evidence from Occupational Forecasts // Educational Researcher. - March 20: 11-20, https://doi.org/10.3102/0013189X020002011 DOI: https://doi.org/10.3102/0013189X020002011
- Cheremnykh A.M. (2008) The Role of the business community and nonprofit organizations in the development of school education. Vestnik of Udmurt University. A Series "Philosophy. Psychology. Pedagogy.» No. 1. p. 21-34
- Donnelly K., Rizvi S., Barber M. (2013) On the Eve of avalanche. Higher education and the coming revolution (translated from English. N. Misinai) // Questions of education. - No. 3. - P. 152-229. https://doi.org/10.17323/1814-9545-2013-3-152-229 DOI: https://doi.org/10.17323/1814-9545-2013-3-152-229
- Farhutdinov N. G., Evstigneeva N. In. Kurakin D. Y., Malik V. M. (2015) Model of managing secondary schools in the conditions of reforms: experience of sociological analysis // Questions of education. - No. 2. - P. 196-219. https://doi.org/10.17323/1814-9545-2015-2-196-219 DOI: https://doi.org/10.17323/1814-9545-2015-2-196-219
- Fakhrutdinova E.V., Fakhrutdinova A.V., Yagudin R. H., Vishnjakov N. I. (2015) The Needs Of The Russian Federation Labor Market In The Workforce With Different Levels Of Education // Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. - 191.- p. 2515 – 2518. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.04.593 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.04.593
- Frolova E.V., Rogach O.V. (2017) Municipal-private partnership in education: the infrastructure aspect // the Economic and social changes: facts, trends, forecast. Vol. 10. No. 1 (49). p. 145-160. https://doi.org/10.15838/esc.2017.1.49.8 DOI: https://doi.org/10.15838/esc.2017.1.49.8
- Frolova E.V., Rogach O.V. (2017) Economics of education: from free benefits to the commercialization of educational services. Social policy and sociology. № 5 (124) 2017. C. 165-174. https://doi.org/10.17922/2071-3665-2017-16-5-167-174 DOI: https://doi.org/10.17922/2071-3665-2017-16-5-167-174
- Golovchin M. A. (2009) Questions of development of public administration in educational institutions of the city / M. A. Golovchin / / problems of territory development, No. 1.
- Gubanova E. V., Surkov A. V. (2011) Federal state educational standard: identify the order // Narodnoe obrazovanie. - No. 7. – P. 116-123.
- Harrison K., Taysum A., McNamara G., O'hara J. (2016) The degree to which students and teachers are involved in second-level school processes and participation in decision-making: an Irish Case Study [Electronic resource] // Irish Educational Studies. - - Mar 2016.
- Hutchinson J., Dickinson B. (2014) Employers and schools: How Mansfield is building a world of work approach. [Text] / / Local Economy. - vol. 29, 3. p. 257-266. https://doi.org/10.1177/0269094214528158 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0269094214528158
- Kasatkin P. I. (2017) Education in the context of the values of national culture. Social policy and sociology. Tom: 16Номер: 3 (122), p. 188-196. https://doi.org/10.17922/2071-3665-2017-16-3-188-196 DOI: https://doi.org/10.17922/2071-3665-2017-16-3-188-196
- Klyucharev G. A. (2015) «Gap» of education and labor market: expert opinions// Sociological research. No. 11. P. 49-56
- Komívesa P., Dajnokib K. (2015) Ranking systems as the connection between the higher education and the labour market in Hungary [Text] // Procedia Economics and Finance. 32. - P. 292 – 297. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2212-5671(15)01394-5 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S2212-5671(15)01394-5
- Kuzminov Y., Frumin I.D., Zaharov A.B. (2011) Russian school: an alternative to modernization from above // Questions of education. - No. 3. – p. 5-53. https://doi.org/10.17323/1814-9545-2011-3-5-53 DOI: https://doi.org/10.17323/1814-9545-2011-3-5-53
- Manna P., Harwood T. (2011) Governance and Educational Expectations in the U.S. States [Text] // State policies & Policy Quarterly. - 11, 4. - P. 483-509. https://doi.org/10.1177/1532440011421302 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1532440011421302
- Medvedeva N.V. (2015) The system of state-public management of education in the Russian Federation: tendencies and problems of development // Social policy and sociology. Vol. 14. No. 2 (108). -P. 47-55. https://doi.org/10.17922/2071-3665-2015-14-2-47-55 DOI: https://doi.org/10.17922/2071-3665-2015-14-2-47-55
- Pinsky A. A. (2004) Public participation in school management: School boards/ M.: Alliance Press.
- Pryazhnikova E. J. (2011) Professional self-determination of schoolchildren in modern Russia // the Collections of conferences. Issue # 7. - P. 229-236
- Rogach O.V., Ryabova T.M., Frolova E.V. (2017) Analysis of problems in managing the innovative development of secondary education in modern Russia. Integration of Education. Vol. 21,no. 4. P. 669-682. https://doi.org/10.15507/1991-9468.089.021.201704.669-682 DOI: https://doi.org/10.15507/1991-9468.089.021.201704.669-682
- Rogach O. V., Frolova E. V., Ryabova T. M. (2017) Academic Competition: Rating Race. European Journal of Contemporary Education, 6(2), pp.297-307. https://doi.org/10.13187/ejced.2017.2.297 DOI: https://doi.org/10.13187/ejced.2017.2.297
- Shabunova A. A., Golovchin M.A. (2012) Evaluation of education development in municipal territories// problems of territory development. -No. 1. - P. 91-99.
- Shafranov-Kutsev G. F. (2015) Modern challenges and the reality of career guidance in the system of "school – University – labor market" // Sociological research. - No. 1. - S. 120-128.
- Shkurov A. Yu. (2011) Creation and development of public administration at the level of educational institution // proceedings of PSU. V. G. Belinsky. No. 24.p. 869-872.
- Sukhanov E. A. (2004) Tutor support for the development of educational order / open education and regional development: how to build educational space // Collection of scientific works. Tomsk: Tomsk CSTI. p. 71-77.
- Theoretical and methodological approaches to the analysis of educational policy in the context of reforms of Russian education of the twentieth century (2013)// Problems of modern education. No. 4. - P. 21-34
- Turnbull A., Turnbull R., Erwin E.J., Soodak L.C., & Shogren K.A. (2015) Families, professionals, and exceptionality: Positive outcomes through partnerships and trust (7th ed.). / Upper Saddle River, NJ: Merrill Prentice Hall.
- Tutan A. (2016) Labour market outcome for formal vocational education and training in India: a Safety net and beyond // IIMB Management Review. - 28. - P. 98-110. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.iimb.2016.05.002 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.iimb.2016.05.002
- Yakushev M. V. (2014) State and social orders in the field of education as a content-target guide in the design of the textbook // Pedagogical journal. No. 4. P. 10-29.
- Zapp M. (2017) The World Bank and Education: covering (through) knowledge // International Journal of Educational Development. - Volume 53. - P. 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijedudev.2016.11.007 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijedudev.2016.11.007
- Zhelezov B. V., Kudyukin p. M., Shuvalova O. R. (2009) The Effectiveness of the education system: the view of the consumer of educational services // Voprosy obrazovaniya. - No. 2. – P.187-210
- Zamolotskikh E. G. (2010) The Family and school – social partners (historical aspect)// Pedagogics and psychology of education. - No. 4.- p. 5-11.
- Boswell, T. E. (1986). A split labor market analysis of discrimination against Chinese immigrants, 1850-1882. American Sociological Review, 352-371. https://doi.org/10.2307/2095307 DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/2095307
- Streeck, W., & Schmttter, P. C. (1991). From national corporatism to transnational pluralism: organized interests in the single European market. Politics & Society, 19(2), 133-164. https://doi.org/10.1177/003232929101900202 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/003232929101900202
- Jensen, M. C., & Zimmerman, J. L. (1985). Management compensation and the managerial labor market. Journal of Accounting and Economics, 7(1-3), 3-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-4101(85)90025-4 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-4101(85)90025-4
- Coleman, J. S. (1991). Matching processes in the labor market. Acta sociologica, 34(1), 3-12. https://doi.org/10.1177/000169939103400101 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/000169939103400101
- Blossfeld, H. P. (Ed.). (2008). Young workers, globalization and the labor market: Comparing early working life in eleven countries. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Traxler, F. (1993). Business associations and labor unions in comparison: theoretical perspectives and empirical findings on social class, collective action and associational organizability. British Journal of Sociology, 673-691. https://doi.org/10.2307/591416 DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/591416
- Gabel, M. J. (2009). Interests and integration: Market liberalization, public opinion, and European Union. University of Michigan Press.
- Hoy, W. K., & Miskel, C. (Eds.). (2006). Contemporary issues in educational policy and school outcomes. IAP.
- Carrim, N. (2001). From teachers to educators: Homogenising tendencies in contemporary South African educational reforms. International Journal of Educational Development, 21(1), 45-52. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0738-0593(00)00012-2 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0738-0593(00)00012-2
- Reynolds, D. (2002). School effectiveness, school improvement and contemporary educational policies. In Education policy and contemporary politics (pp. 65-81). Palgrave Macmillan, London. https://doi.org/10.1057/9781403920010_5 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1057/9781403920010_5
- Hanson, E. M. (1996). Educational administration and organizational behavior. Allyn & Bacon, A Simon & Schuster Company, 160 Gould Street, Needham Heights, MA 02194-2310..
- Hanushek, E. A., Schwerdt, G., Woessmann, L., & Zhang, L. (2017). General education, vocational education, and labor-market outcomes over the lifecycle. Journal of Human Resources, 52(1), 48-87. https://doi.org/10.3368/jhr.52.1.0415-7074R DOI: https://doi.org/10.3368/jhr.52.1.0415-7074R
- Thurow, L. C. (1972). Education and economic equality. The public interest, 28, 66.
- Rouse, C. E. (2005, October). The labor market consequences of an inadequate education. In symposium on the Social Costs of Inadequate Education, Teachers College Columbia University..
- Grubb, W. N. (1996). Working in the Middle: Strengthening Education and Training for the Mid-Skilled Labor Force. Jossey-Bass Publishers, Inc., 350 Sansome Street, San Francisco, CA 94104-1310.
- Lang, K., & Manove, M. (2011). Education and labor market discrimination. American Economic Review, 101(4), 1467-96. https://doi.org/10.1257/aer.101.4.1467 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1257/aer.101.4.1467
- Bishop, J. H., & Mane, F. (2004). The impacts of career-technical education on high school labor market success. Economics of education Review, 23(4), 381-402. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.econedurev.2004.04.001 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.econedurev.2004.04.001