Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
SMART SECURITY AND SAFETY INDEX MEASUREMENT: A CASE STUDY IN BANDUNG INDONESIA
Corresponding Author(s) : Indrawati
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 5 (2019): September
Purpose: Nowadays, the development of technology is very fast and increasingly sophisticated; no doubt all the problems in a city can be solved quickly and well. Hence, facing a huge number of the urban population, the city must adopt the strategy of smart city so that the standard of life can be improved. Some of the cities in the world have applied the concept of smart city. One of the dimensions in smart city concept is smart security and safety. This study aims to know the indicators and index level of smart security and safety in Bandung city of Indonesia. This research explores the indicators and measures the index level of smart security and safety in Bandung.
Methodology: The research method characteristics applied in this study is the exploratory sequential mixed method.
Main Findings: This study finds that there are 20 indicators to measure the index level of smart security and safety. The smart security and safety level of Bandung city is 72% which is considered that on average the measured indicators are already good enough and satisfied, but there are some indicators that should be improved. The variable that should be improved is variable of Awareness and Understanding which has score of 49%.
Implications/Applications: It is suggested by this study that the socialization of smart security and safety program such as Panic Button Application, LAPOR! The website should be more effective through making socialization more targeted and real.
- Bakıcı, T., E. Almirall, E., & Wareham, J. (2012) A Smart City Initiative the Case of Barcelona. Journal of the Knowledge Economy, 4 (2), pp. 135-148. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13132-012-0084-9 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13132-012-0084-9
- Bernik, B., Azis, Y., Kartini, D., & Harsanto, B. (2015). Managing innovation of SMEs in creative industry for interactive game subsector and TV and Radio subsector based on local wisdom in development of competitiveness business (Case Study SMEs in Bandung). International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 1(2), 49-53. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.10001-2 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.10001-2
- Bohang, F. K. (2015). Ridwan Kamil: "Tombol Panik" Bisa Diunduh di Play Store. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/1LVsvaB
- Creswell, J. W. (2014). Research Design - Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Method Approaches. California, CA: Thousand Oaks.
- Fan, Z., & Fujimoto, T. (2018). Construction of knowledge base to visualize the cross-cultural difference over information. Journal of Advanced Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, 3(1), 11-22. https://doi.org/10.26500/JARSSH-03-2018-0102 DOI: https://doi.org/10.26500/JARSSH-03-2018-0102
- Firman, T. (2009). The continuity and change in mega-urbanization in Indonesia: A survey of Jakarta-Bandung Region (JBR) development. Habitat International, 33(4), 327-339. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.habitatint.2008.08.005 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.habitatint.2008.08.005
- Frost & Sullivan. (2013). Frost & Sullivan Report M920-MT. Strategic Opportunity Analysis of the Global Smart City Market Smart City Market is Likely to be Worth a Cumulative $1.565 Trillion by 2020. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/2M2S8O1
- Humaidi, N., Shahrom, M., & Abdullah, Q. A. (2018). The effect of innovation success factors towards organizational performance in automotive industry. International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 4(3), 129-136. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.4.10005-3 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.4.10005-3
- Indrawati, Ariffianto, M.L., & Amani, H. (2018). Identification Indicators and Variables to Measure the Implementation of Smart Safety and Security (Study in Bandung City). Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operation Management, Bandung, Indonesia, March 6 – 8, 2018. IEOM Society International
- Malinda, M. (2018). Effectiveness of Entrepreneurship and innovation learning methods. case study at Universitas Kristen Maranatha, Bandung, Indonesia. International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 4(3), 122-128. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.4.10004-3 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.4.10004-3
- Mohamad, G. (2017). Smart City Kota Dengan Banyak Solusi Bukan Aplikasi. Retrieve from https://bit.ly/2M88lBi
- Osra, O. A. (2017). Urban transformation and sociocultural changes in King Abdullah Economic City (KAEC) 2005-2020: Key research challenges. Journal of Advances in Humanities and Social Sciences, 3(3), 135-151. https://doi.org/10.20474/jahss-3.3.2 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20474/jahss-3.3.2
- Paireepinas, P., Dhiravisit, A. & Grisanaputi, W. (2017). Lifelong learning management for the urban poor: A case study of Khon Kaen city, Thailand. Journal of Advanced Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, 2(5), 321-329. https://doi.org/10.26500/JARSSH-02-2017-0505
- Paireepinas, P., Dhiravisit, A., & Grisanaputi, W. (2017). Lifelong learning management for the urban poor: A case study of Khon Kaen city, Thailand. Journal of Advanced Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, 2(5), 321-329. https://doi.org/10.26500/JARSSH-02-2017-0505 DOI: https://doi.org/10.26500/JARSSH-02-2017-0505
- Ramdhani, D. (2017). E-PunTen, Aplikasi untuk Data Para Pendatang di Bandung. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/2LAGNFu
- Rerkklang, P. (2018). Sustainability development consciousness and behavior of Thais: The effects on quality of life and happiness. Journal of Advances in Humanities and Social Sciences, 4(1), 51-59. https://doi.org/10.20474/jahss-4.1.5 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20474/jahss-4.1.5
- Sekaran, U. & Bougie, R (2010). Research Method for Business, A Skill Building Approach. Fifth Edition. Singapore.
- Sharma, Pooja, Galhotra, R., Jain, P., …… & Gupta, S. (2017). Health benefits derived by reducing air pollution: An East Delhi analysis. Journal of Advances in Humanities and Social Sciences, 3(3), 164-181. https://doi.org/10.20474/jahss-3.3.4 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20474/jahss-3.3.4
- Tarigan, A. K., Sagala, S., Samasura, D. A., Fiisabiilillah, D. F., Simarmata, H. A., & Nababan, M. (2016). City Profile Bandung City, Indonesia. Cities, 50, 100-110. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cities.2015.09.005 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cities.2015.09.005
- The Economist Intelligence Unit. (2017). Safe cities index 2017: Security in a rapidly urbanising world. London, United Kingdom.
- Varsani, M. (2018). Concept for strategic management and innovation: Perspective of balance theory. International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 4(3),93-104. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.4.10002-3 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.4.10002-3
- Voskuil, R. (2007). Bandung Citra Sebuah Kota (Bandung Image of City). Bandung, Indonesia.
- Wahyuni, S. (2012). Qualitative research method: Theory and practice. Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Zikmund, W. D., Babin, B. J., & Carr, J. C. (2009). Business Research Methods. Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.