Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
MEASUREMENT OF KNOWLEDGE SHARING IN JELEKONG BANDUNG INDONESIA
Corresponding Author(s) : Ratna Jatnika
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 5 (2019): September
Purpose: Jelekong is a village in the suburbs of Bandung. The village is famous for its variety of art, puppet, and painting. This study wants to know how people in Jelekong share their knowledge to improve the social well-being of the community.
Methodology: This research is a descriptive study. Sampling technique uses stratified cluster sampling. Collecting data on the 67 community leaders in the village of Jelekong indicates that knowledge sharing instruments are reliable and valid. The reliability coefficient is calculated using Cronbach alpha showed that Cronbach alpha coefficient is 0911. The validity is calculated using confirmatory factor analysis showed that p = 1 and RSMEA = 0.
Main Findings: The result shows that knowledge sharing in Jelekong, in general, is quite good, but still have poor ability in aspects of ICT capability and build mutual trust. Therefore, Jelekong society needs to be given training to have the potential of ICTs and build mutual trust in sharing knowledge to improve the social well-being of the community.
Implications/Applications: The results of the study can be applied by the authorities in understanding the technological needs of society. In addition, they can develop different training programs and techniques that promote knowledge sharing, so knowledge can be shared easily and quickly to overcome various problems in the society.
- Alahoul, M. H. M., Azizan, N., & Alwi, N. H. (2016). Factors that affect the use of Malaysian e-learning websites by visually impaired users in the transfer of Islamic knowledge. Journal of Advanced Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, 1(1), 30-40. https://doi.org/10.26500/JARSSH-01-2016-0104
- Alshehhi, A. S. (2016). Organizational knowledge systems. International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 2(6), 193-200. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.2.10004-6
- Bandmir, S. M. A. A., & Mehrpouyan, A. (2015). Designing and implementing knowledge industry: An integrative framework for universities. Journal of Advances in Humanities and Social Sciences, 1(1), 29-41. https://doi.org/10.20474/jahss1.1.4
- Bizon, W. (2016). Stimulating entrepreneurship by introducing behavioural incentives, propensity to use financial instruments in the context of decision makers' personal characteristics and their financial knowledge in Polish SMEs. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 2(6), 270-279. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-2.6.2
- Bo Shing, L. A., & Xiaodie P.J. (2017). Exploring the relationship between leadership, organizational culture, trust, and effectiveness of knowledge sharing by forced learning. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 3(2), 89-104. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-3.2.4
- Bock, G. W., & Kim, Y. G. (2002). Breaking the Myths of Rewards: An Exploratory Study of Attitudes about Knowledge sharing. Information Resource Management Journal, (15:2), pp. 14-21
- Cabrera, E. F., & Cabrera, A. (2005). Fostering knowledge sharing through people management practices. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 16, 720-735. https://doi.org/10.1080/09585190500083020
- Cohen, J. (1988). Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences. Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum
- Due Au, T. (2016). Using open innovation model to enhance knowledge sharing in Vietnam University. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 2(5), 241-247. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-2.5.4
- Fan, Z., and Fujimoto, T. (2018). Construction of knowledge base to visualize the cross-cultural difference over information. Journal of Advanced Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, 3(1), 11-22. https://doi.org/10.26500/JARSSH-03-2018-0102
- Gatpandan, M. P., & Ambat, S. C. (2017). Implementing knowledge discovery in enhancing university student services portfolio management in higher education institutions. Journal of Advanced Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, 2(4), 211-220. https://doi.org/10.26500/JARSSH-02-2017-0306
- Husain, Y. S., & Husin, N. H. (2017). Knowledge sharing behavior, job attitudes, OCB and organizational learning culture. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 3(4), 162-170. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-3.4.1
- Irai, P., and Lu, A. C. C. (2018). Exploring the relationship among psychological safety, knowledge sharing, and innovation. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 4(3), 126-135. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-4.3.1
- Jarjusey, F. (2017). Consumers' awareness and knowledge about food waste in Selangor, Malaysia. International Journal of Business and Economic Affairs, 2(2), 91-97. https://doi.org/10.24088/IJBEA-2017-22002
- Kaplan, R. M., Saccuzo, D. P. (2001). Psychological Testing, Principles, Application, and Issues. 3rd Edition: Brooks/Cole Publishing Company, Pacific Grove.
- Karim Mh, Elyas, K. M., Mahmood, S. N., & Hossein, A. (2017). Evaluation of human resources re-engineering and knowledge management processes on the economy of Sirjan free trade zone (Iran). International Journal of Business and Economic Affairs, 2(2), 127-134. https://doi.org/10.24088/IJBEA-2017-22006
- Ketsiri, K., & Pajongwong, P. (2016). Knowledge and understanding of accountants toward rules for calculating net income for corporate income tax by section 65 ter in Thailand. International Journal of Business and Economic Affairs, 1(1), 67-73. https://doi.org/10.24088/IJBEA-2016-11009
- Le, Q. A. (2016). The impact of globalisation on the reform of higher education in Vietnam. International Journal of Business and Economic Affairs, 1(1), 29-35. https://doi.org/10.24088/IJBEA-2016-11005
- Liu, H., & Dong, X. (2016). Influence of social relations on knowledge conflicts-An empirical study from Chinese universities. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 2(1), 8-18. https://doi.org/10.20474/-jabs2.1.2
- Neminno, R. C., Gempes, G. P. (2018). The moderating effect of intellectual capital on the relationship between corporate reputation and knowledge sharing of commercial banks. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 4(3), 145-155. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-4.3.3
- Nuchso, N., Tuntivivat, S., & Klayklueng, P. (2016). The effect of learning organization and servant leadership on child-centered teaching behavior with the mediating role of knowledge sharing in education of Chanthaburi Diocese schools. International Journal of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, 2(5), 181-188. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijhss.2.20004-5
- Owusu, N. O. (2016). Collaborative knowledge management: Examining the challenges in the rural banking industry in the eastern region of Ghana. International Journal of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, 2(3), 111-120. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijhss.2.20005-3
- Paulin, D., & Suneson, K. (2012). Knowledge Transfer, Knowledge Sharing and Knowledge Barriers – Three Blurry Terms in KM. Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management, 10(1), 81-89.
- Van den Hooff, B., & de Ridder, J. (2004). Knowledge sharing in context: The influence of organizational commitment, communication climate and CMC use on knowledge sharing. Journal of Knowledge Management, 8(6), 117-130. https://doi.org/10.1108/13673270410567675