Main Article Content
Work motivation, organizational culture, organizational commitment, productivity, economics, lecturers
Purpose: The current study intent to determine the impact of work motivation, organizational commitment, organizational culture partially or instantaneously on productivity of employees and Lecturers at the College of Economics AAS Surakarta (STIE AAS) and to find out how much influence of work motivation, work culture, organizational commitment gradually towards work productivity of employees and Lecturers at the STIE AAS.
Methodology: This research was conducted by questionnaire survey method to lecturer and employee of STIE AAS. The method of analysis using multiple regression analysis.
Main Findings: Results show that work motivation possesses a significant effect on work productivity of employees and lecturers of STIE AAS. Organizational culture did not show significant effect on work productivity of lecturers and employees STIE AAS and organizational commitment have significant influence to work productivity of lecturer and employee of STIE AAS. Results of F test show that there exist significant effect simultaneously between independent variables to work productivity of lecturers and employees of STIE AAS.
Implications/Applications: The implications need steps that can be taken to increase commitment that is: a) Provide understanding to lecturers and employees that the success of the institution is as a joint success that is between individual employees and institutions, b) Involve lecturers and employees in activities undertaken by institutions outside of formal activities, c) Providing trust to lecturers and employees by assigning tasks in accordance with their abilities.
2. Ameer, N. (2017). Impact of organizational culture on employee performance and Organizational Citizenship Behavior (OCB). International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 3(5), 183-196. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.3.10004-5
3. Anggraini, R. M., Hereyanto., & Bhakti, S. (2017). The influence of leadership style and organizational climate on performance Uay Banjarmasin. International Journal of Business and Economic Affairs, 2(5), 297-309. https://doi.org/10.24088/IJBEA-2017-25004
4. Ardyanfitri, H. & Wahyuningtyas, R. (2016). The influence of job career development opportunities, training, occupational safety and health on the job satisfaction of employees in the Telkom University. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 2(5), 231-240. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-2.5.3
5. As’ad, M. (2003). Islamic Psychology: Series ofHuman Resources. Yogjakarta: Liberty.
6. Bo Shing, L. A., & Xiaodie, P.J. 2017. Exploring the relationship between leadership, organizational culture, trust, and effectiveness of knowledge sharing by forced learning. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 3(2), 89-104. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-3.2.4
7. Budiartha, G. N. Bagian I. W. & Suwendra, I. W. (2015). Effect of training and working motivation employee productivity. E-journal Bisma Universitas Pendidikan Ganesha, 3(1).
8. Chou, P. C. Wu, S. F., & Chou, Y. C. 2017. The perspective of indigenous culture – A case study of the Truku tribe in East Taiwan. Journal of Advanced Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, 2(1), 67-71. https://doi.org/10.26500/JARSSH-02-2017-0109
9. Choudhary, N., Naqshbandi, M. M., Philip, P., & Kumar, R. (2017). The interplay of emotion management ability of leaders and employee perception of job characteristics in employee job performance. Journal of Management Development(just-accepted), 00-00. https://doi.org/10.1108/JMD-10-2016-0195
10. Djoko, (2007). Factors influencing productivity of officers at Bapeda Kabupaten Wonogiri (Master’s thesis), STIE AUB Surakarta.
11. El-Ghalayini, Y. (2016). The effects of high performance work system on employee attitudes: A study of international organization. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 2(5), 248-263, 2016. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-2.5.5
12. Gibson, I. & Donelly, (2006). Organization (9th Ed). Irwin Inc.
13. Hainš, V., Vidacek., & Bockaj, J. (2018). Employee perception of financial and non-financial reward as elements of job performance evaluation. International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 4(2), 53-59. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.4.10002-2
14. Handoko, H. (2005). Organizational Strategy. Yogyakarta, Indonesia: Amara Book.
15. Hasibuan, M. P. (2010). Managemen of Human Resources. Revised Edition: Bumi Aksara.
16. Husain, Y. S., & Husin, N. H. (2017). Knowledge sharing behavior, job attitudes, OCB and organizational learning culture. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 3(4), 162-170. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-3.4.1
17. Jatmiko, B. K. (2013). The effect of organizational culture and work satisfaction employee productivity. Jurnal Ilmu Manajemen, 1(4), 1155-1146.
18. Lako, A. (2005). Leadership and work effectiveness of organizational work: Issue, theory, and solution. Yogyakarta, Indonesia: Amara Books.
19. Lannu, J. E. & Nobleza, M. F. L. (2017). The impact of competitiveness on the employability of Philippines industrial designers: Streamlining the program with the international market. International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 3(1), 30-36. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.3.10005-1
20. Luthans, F. (1996). Organizational Behavior. New York, NY: Mc Graw HillIncSan fransisco.
21. Mahdieh, O. (2015). Interaction between communication and organizational conflict and its relationship with performance. International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 1(2), 54-60. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.10002-2
22. Manetje, O. & Martins, N. (2009). The relationship between organizational culture and organizational commitment. Journal of Southern African Business, 13(1), 87-111, 2009.
23. Mohamad Yusof, H. S., Munap, R. Mohd Badrillah, R. I., Ab Hamid, N. R., & Md Khir, R. (2017). The relationship between organizational culture and employee motivation as moderated by work attitude. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 3(1), 21-25. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-3.1.3
24. Mursalin, A. & Aisyah, 2017. The aftermath of deal and change leadership on individual lecturers’ job comfort and individual lecturers’ task achievement in Panca Bhakti University, Pontianak. International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 3(3), 112-119. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.3.10004-3
25. Naqshbandi, M. M., & Kamel, Y. (2017). Intervening role of realized absorptive capacity in organizational culture–open innovation relationship: Evidence from an emerging market. Journal of General Management, 42(3), 5-20. https://doi.org/10.1177/0306307016687984
26. Naqshbandi, M. M., Kaur S., & Ma, P. (2015). What organizational culture types enable and retard open innovation? Quality & Quantity, 49(5), 2123-2144. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11135-014-0097-5
27. Oetomo, H. W. Satrio, B. & Lestariningsih, M. (2016). The leadership style as moderating, influence of compensation, Organizational Citizenship Behaviour (OCB), and stress towards intention to quit. International Journal of Business and Economic Affairs, 1(1), 6-12, 2016. https://doi.org/10.24088/IJBEA-2016-11002
28. Rehman, S. (2017). Impact of career development on organizational commitment. International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 3(3), 100-111. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.3.10003-3
29. Reza, F., Rusidah, S., & Forasidah. (2017). The influence of interpersonal communication and organizational culture on job satisfaction of academics university Achmad Yani Banjarmasin. International Journal of Business and Economic Affairs, 2(5), 310-316. https://doi.org/10.24088/IJBEA-2017-25005
30. Rijal, S. (2016). The influence of transformational leadership and organizational culture on learning organization: A comparative analysis of the IT sector, Thailand. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 2(3), 121-129. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-2.3.3
31. Robbins S. P. & Timothy, A. J. (2008). Organizational behavior (12rd Ed). Jakarta, Indonesia: Salemba Empat.
32. Schein, E. H. (1992). Organizational culture and leadership: A dynamic view. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
33. Sedarmayanti, (2009). Human resources and work productivity (3rd Ed). Bandung: CV.Mandar Maju.
34. Soedjono, (2005). The influence of organizational culture on organizational performance and job satisfaction of employees at Public Passenger Terminal di Surabaya. Jurnal Manajemen Dankewirausahaan, 7(1) 22-47.
35. Suharsono, (2002). Grow effectiveness, productivity and relationship labor for improving organizational work at PDAM Sleman. Jurnal Manajemen, 1(2).
36. Suharyadi, & Purwanto, (2010). Statistika: For economy and modern finance (2nd ed.). Yogyakarta, Indonesia: Salemba Empat.
37. Sumarsono, S. (2004). Metode Riset Sumber Daya Manusia. Yogyakarta, Indonesia: Graha Ilmu.
38. Taurisan, C. M. & Ratnawati, I. (2002). Analysis of effect of organizational culture and work satisfaction to organizational commitment in improving employee performance. Jurnal Bisnis dan Ekonomi (JBE), 19(1), 170-187.
39. Usmara, A. 2003. Pemberdayaan dan Komitmen Upaya Mencapai Kesuksesan Organisasi Dalam Menghadapi Persaingan Global. Jakarta, Indonesia: Penerbit Amara Books.
40. Yaemjamuang, B. (2017). Investigating motivation of the hotel employees at the operational level: A case study of the hotel business in Samut Songkram Province, Thailand. International Journal of Business and Economic Affairs, 2(1), 8-11. https://doi.org/10.24088/IJBEA-2017-21002