Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
A FRAMEWORK FOR DEVELOPMENT OF SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE SKILL AMONG RURAL WOMEN COMMUNITIES
Corresponding Author(s) : Noraida Haji Ali
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 5 (2019): September
Purpose: A Social Networking Site (also social networking service or social media) is a platform to make people connected and share anything about them. The purpose of this research to construct a framework for the Development of Social Networking Site Skill to help women in rural areas to face the growth of ICT. This paper discusses how the proposed framework can help them to develop their skills of marketing using the SNS. This kind of effort, hopefully could empower the targeted marginalized group with the knowledge of information engineering, increase their awareness and utilization of ICT in their everyday actions.
Methodology: The data obtained are the result of on-going projects in Setiu Wetlands, Terengganu. Community rural women in Setiu Wetlands are respondent for this study. A total of 30 people (identified as women entrepreneurs) were respondents and profile data was preliminary studies about the skills and existing ICT literacy and internet use.
Main Findings: Based on profiling data that have been collected, a framework for the development of skills in using social media as a business medium has been developed.
Implications/Applications: The framework developed is expected to produce successful entrepreneurs from rural women communities. The entrepreneur will be an example to other women. This effort also is expected to help rural women community can improve the living standards of their families.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Alahoul, M. H. M., Azizan, N., & Alwi, N. H. (2016). Factors that affect the use of Malaysian e-learning websites by visually impaired users in the transfer of Islamic knowledge. Journal of Advanced Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, 1(1), 30-40. https://doi.org/10.26500/JARSSH-01-2016-0104 DOI: https://doi.org/10.26500/JARSSH-01-2016-0104
- Anggadwita, G., & Dhewanto, W. (2016). Women’s entrepreneurial intentions in micro and small enterprises (MSEs) in Indonesia: The influence of environmental factors on perceived behavioral control. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 1(1), 1-7. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-1.1.1 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-1.1.1
- Bernik, B., Azis, Y., Kartini, D., & Harsanto, B. (2015). Managing innovation of SMEs in creative industry for interactive game subsector and TV and Radio subsector based on local wisdom in development of competitiveness business (Case Study SMEs in Bandung). International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 1(2), 49-53. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.10001-2 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.10001-2
- Biju, A. V. (2016). Social connectivity of local governments: A social network analysis basedon Kerala local governments. Journal of Advances in Humanities and Social Sciences, 1(2), 44-54. https://doi.org/10.20474/jahss2.1.5 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20474/jahss2.1.5
- Harrington, C. (2010). Facebook Still Rules, But Rivals Gain Share. PC Advisor (UK).
- Humaidi, N., Shahrom, M., & Abdullah, Q. (2018). The Effect of Innovation Success Factors Towards Organizational Performance in Automotive Industry. International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 4(3), 129-136. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.4.10005-3 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.4.10005-3
- Kamaruddin, N., & Sulaiman, S. (2017). A Conceptual Framework for Effective Learning Engagement Towards Interface Design of Teaching Aids Within Tertiary Education. Journal of Advanced Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, 2(1), 35-42. https://doi.org/10.26500/JARSSH-02-2017-0105 DOI: https://doi.org/10.26500/JARSSH-02-2017-0105
- Kongmanus, K. (2016). Development of project-based learning model to enhance educational media business ability for undergraduate students in educational technology and communications program. Journal of Advances in Humanities and Social Sciences, 2(5), 287-296. https://doi.org/10.20474/jahss-2.5.5 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20474/jahss-2.5.5
- Liu, H., & Dong, X. (2016). Influence of social relations on knowledge conflicts-An empirical study from Chinese universities. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 2(1), 8-18. https://doi.org/10.20474/-jabs2.1.2 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20474/-jabs2.1.2
- Manjunatha, K. (2013). The rural women entrepreneurial problems. IOSR Journal of Business and Management, 14(4), 18-21. https://doi.org/10.9790/487X-1441821 DOI: https://doi.org/10.9790/487X-1441821
- Meenakshi. (2015). Factors Influencing The Women in E-Entrepreneurship. International Journal of Musiness Management and Scientific Research, 12, 2394-6636.
- Murray, K. E., & Waller, R. (2007). Social networking goes abroad. International Educator, 16(3), 56.
- Nisser, A. H. I., & Ayedh, A. M. A. (2017). Microfinance and Women’s Empowerment in Egypt. International Journal of Business and Economic Affairs, 2, 52-58. https://doi.org/10.24088/IJBEA-2017-21007 DOI: https://doi.org/10.24088/IJBEA-2017-21007
- Norizan, A.R., Jamaluddin, A., Fuzirah, H.Z.A., & Shariya, H. Z. (2010). Proceedings from 9th WSEAS International Conference on Education and Educational Technology (EDU ’10), Selected Topics in Education and Educational Technology, 278-283.
- Piyachat, B. (2017). The relationships among resources’ commitment reverse logistics innovation reverse logistics performance and reverse logistics cost savings: Manufacturing vs service industry. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 3(3), 122-135. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-3.3.2 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-3.3.2
- Salam, A. (2016). Challenges faced by working women in Al Ain city, UAE. International Journal of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, 2(5), 189-197. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijhss.2.20005-5 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20469/ijhss.2.20005-5
- Shah, H., & Saurabh, P. (2015). Women entrepreneurs in developing nations: Growth and replication strategies and their impact on poverty alleviation. Technology Innovation Management Review, 5(8), 34. https://doi.org/10.22215/timreview/921 DOI: https://doi.org/10.22215/timreview/921
- Shin, S. J., & Seo, W. (2017). Identifying new technology areas based on firm’s internal capabilities. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 3(3), 114-121. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-3.3.1 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-3.3.1
- Suharti, L., & Pramono, A. (2016). Cultural intelligence among Indonesian students: Role of international experiences and their impact on the development of social network and adaptive performance. Journal of Advances in Humanities and Social Sciences, 2(3), 182-194. https://doi.org/10.20474/jahss-2.3.6 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20474/jahss-2.3.6
- Weng, H. Y., & Yang, C. H. (2016). Culture conservation and regeneration of traditional industries derived by tourism factory-Case study of Kwong xi paper factory in Taiwan. International Journal of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, 2(5), 172-180. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijhss.2.20003-5 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20469/ijhss.2.20003-5
- Luekveerawattana, R. (2016). Relationship between personal factors and marketing mix satisfaction of the tourists at Don Hoi Lot in Samutsongkham province, Thailand. Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, 2(3), 113-120. https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-2.3.2 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20474/jabs-2.3.2