Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
SAFE EDUCATIONAL ENVIRONMENT AS AN OBJECT OF PEDAGOGICAL DESIGN
Corresponding Author(s) : Lyubоv Alexаndrоvnа Akimоvа
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 5 (2019): September
Purpose of the study: The main task of this research is to analyze the scientific points of view on a safe educational environment.
Methodology: When writing this scientific work, an analysis was conducted of various sources (scientific monographs and publications) on the topic of creating a safe educational environment. Such methods as analysis and synthesis were used, a systematic approach to data analysis was also applied.
Main Findings: The pedagogical reflection of safety is focused on the problem of providing safe conditions for the reproduction of a viable generation, which actualizes the need for the special design of a safe educational environment for students and the preparation of bachelors of education in this direction. The need to design an educational environment to ensure the safety of students stems from their lack of ability to ensure personal safety and the targeted educational priorities in reproducing a viable generation.
Novelty/Originality of this study: The design of a safe educational environment in its turn is regarded as a special creation of opportunities for human self-development, which involves the introduction of innovations in the organization of the educational process to minimize risks to physical, mental and social well-being, as well as to ensure the quality of education.
- Akimova, L.A. (2018). The development of the idea of general safety in the Russian education system. Problems of Modern Pedagogical Education. Series: Pedagogy and Psychology. Collection of scientific papers, 59(1), 15-19.
- Alisov, E.A. (2016). Categorical specificity of the concept of ecologically safe educational environment. Modern Education in the Country: State, Problems, Development Prospects: A Collection of materials of the city intercollegiate roundtable discussion. Moscow: Ekon-Inform LLC, 3-7.
- Altemani, A. H., & Merghani, T. H. (2017). The quality of the educational environment in a medical college in Saudi Arabia. International journal of medical education, 8, 128–132. doi:10.5116/ijme.58ce.55d2. https://doi.org/10.5116/ijme.58ce.55d2 DOI: https://doi.org/10.5116/ijme.58ce.55d2
- Baeva, I.A. & Bordovskaia, N.V. (2015). Тhe psychological safety of the educational environment and the psychological well-being of Russian secondary school pupils and teachers. Psychology in Russia: State of the Art, 8(1), 86-99. https://doi.org/10.11621/pir.2015.0108 DOI: https://doi.org/10.11621/pir.2015.0108
- Baeva, I.A. & Tarasov, S.V. (2017). Safe educational environment: Modeling and development. St. Petersburg: LOIRO.
- Baeva, I.A. (2017). Psychological security of educational environment in the structure of integrated security of educational organization. Kazan Pedagogical Journal, 6(125), 12-18.
- Belov, S.V. & Simakova, E.N. (2015). Noxology. Moscow: Urait.
- Belov, S.V. (2015). Life safety and environmental protection (technosphere safety). Moscow: Urait.
- Behzadkolaee, S. M., Mirmohammadi, S. T., Yazdani, J., Gorji, A. M., Toosi, A., Rokni, M., & Gorji, M. A. (2015). Health, safety and environment conditions in primary schools of Northern Iran. Journal of natural science, biology, and medicine, 6(1), 76–79. https://doi.org/10.4103/0976-9668.149094 DOI: https://doi.org/10.4103/0976-9668.149094
- Boyarov, E.N. & Stankevich, P.V. (2015). Methodological conditions for training bachelors of education in the field of life safety in a safe information educational environment. Eurasian Union of Scientists, 10-4(19), 20-22.
- Dontsov, A. I. & Perelygina, E. B. (2013). Tense situations and the significance of stability for psychological security. Psychology in Russia: State of the Art, 6(2), 20-31. https://doi.org/10.11621/pir.2013.0202 DOI: https://doi.org/10.11621/pir.2013.0202
- Dontsov, A. I., Perelygina, E. B., Zotova, O. Yu., Tarasova, L. V., Veraksa, A. N. & A. M. Rykel. (2018). Trust and subjective well-being as the basis of the psychological security of modern society. Ekaterinburg: University of Humanities.
- Gibson, J.J. (1988). The ecological approach to visual perception. Moscow: Progress.
- Gubanov, V.M. & Byrylova, E.A. (2018). Modernization and safety of education as a national treasure of Russia. Modern education in the field of life safety: Theory, methods and practice. Proceedings of the International Scientific and Practical Conference. Kazan: Buk LLC, 60-64.
- Malik, R.H. & Rizvi, A.A. (2018). Effect of Classroom Learning Environment on Students' Academic Achievement in Mathematics at Secondary Level. Bulletin of Education and Research, 40(2), 207-218.
- Martynova, S.E., Dmitriev, Y.G., Gajfullina, M.M. & Totskaya, Y.A. (2017). “Service” Municipal Administration as Part of the Development of Youth Entrepreneurship in Russia. Social Indicators Research, 133(3), 1151-1164. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11205-016-1406-2 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11205-016-1406-2
- McRobbie, C.J. & Thomas, G.P. (2000). Changing the Learning Environment to Enhance Explaining and Understanding in a Year 12 Chemistry Classroom. Learning Environments Research, 3(3), 209-227. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1011473716075 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1011473716075
- Moshkin, V.N. (2016). The concept of security in the Federal Law on Strategic Planning in the Russian Federation. Modern Scientific Researches and Innovations, 7(63), 310-318.
- Neprokina, I.V., Bolotnikova, O.P. & Oshkina, A.A. (2012). Safe educational environment: Modeling, design, monitoring. Tolyatti: TSU Publishing House.
- OECD (2017). The OECD Handbook for Innovative Learning Environments. Paris: OECD Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1787/9789264277274-en DOI: https://doi.org/10.1787/9789264277274-en
- O’Sullivan, P. (2015). What’s in a learning environment? Recognizing teachers’ roles in shaping a learning environment to support competency. Perspectives on Medical Education, 4(6), 277. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40037-015-0234-4 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s40037-015-0234-4
- Paharia, P. (2019). A scale development for student satisfaction: a perceived dimension of quality education. Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews, 7(1), 360-366. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2019.7142 DOI: https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2019.7142
- Sharma, A., & Raghuvanshi, D. R. (2019). Informal learning: an innovation towards sustainable development in education. Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews, 7(4), 303-308. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2019.7439 DOI: https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2019.7439
- Slobodchikov, V.I., Korolkova, I.V. & Ostapenko A.A. (2016). The systemic crisis of national education as a threat to Russia's national security and ways to overcome it. Project. Russian Institute for Strategic Studies. Moscow: Russian Institute for Strategic Studies.
- Slobodchikov, V.I., Korolkova, I.V., Ostapenko, A.A., Zakharchenko, M.V., Shestun, Y.V., Rybakov, S.Y., Moiseyev, D.A. & Korotkikh, S.N. (2018). The systemic crisis in education as a threat to Russia’s national security. Russian Education and Society, 60(5), 439-462. https://doi.org/10.1080/10609393.2018.1495022 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/10609393.2018.1495022
- Yasvin, V. A. (2018). Research educational environment in Russian psychology: From methodological discussion by the empirical results. Izvestiya of Saratov University. New Series. Series: Philosophy. Psychology. Pedagogy, 18(1), 80-90.
- Yasvin, V.A., Rusetskaya, M.N. & Osadchiy, M.A. (2015). Assessment of school and university environments by high school and college students. Biomedical and Pharmacology Journal, 8(2), 761-772. https://doi.org/10.13005/bpj/824 DOI: https://doi.org/10.13005/bpj/824