Main Article Content
Organizational Culture, Leadership Style, Job Satisfaction, Employees’ Performance, Organizational culture variables
Purpose of study: The current study aims to explore the relationship between employee performance, organizational and leadership style through job satisfaction.
Methodology: Data in this research were obtained from distributing questionnaires to 108 respondents. Epson Batam, and hypothesis testing using path analysis.
Results: The results showed that the structural model of the first, direct organizational culture and leadership style has a significant effect on job satisfaction. In the second structural model, direct organizational culture, leadership style, and job satisfaction have a significant effect on performance and indirectly through job satisfaction organizational culture and the leadership style significantly influence performance.
Implications: Organizational culture variables more meaningfully than the leadership style variables in improving job satisfaction. Job satisfaction is a more meaningful variable than the variable of organizational culture and leadership style to improve performance.
2. Al Mehrzi, N., Singh, S.K. (2016), Competing through employee engagement: A proposed framework. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 65(6), 831-843. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJPPM-02-2016-0037
3. Ashley, C., Noble, S.M., Donthu, N., Lemon, K.N. (2011), Why customers won’t relate: Obstacles to relationship marketing engagement. Journal of Business Research, 64(7), 749-756. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2010.07.006
4. Ashurst, C., Cragg, P., Herring, P. (2012), The role of IT competences in gaining value from e-business: An SME case study. International Small Business Journal, 30(6), 640-658. https://doi.org/10.1177/0266242610375703
5. Azeem, Syed Muhammad and Nadeem Akbar. (2014). Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment among Public Sector Employees in Saudi Arabia. International Journal of Business and Social Sciences. Vol.5.No.7. https://doi.org/10.6007/IJARBSS/v5-i12/1943
6. Barasan, Larsen, April Gunawan, and BambangSumali. (2018). Determinants of Job Satisfaction and it’s Implicationon Employee Performance of Port Enterprises in DKI Jakarta. International Review of Management and Marketing. Vol. 8. Issue 5. Pp. 43-49.
7. Bentley, P.J., Coates, H., Dobson, I.R., Goedegebuure, L., Meek, V.L. (2013), Academic Job Satisfaction from an International Comparative Perspective: Factors Associated with Satisfaction Across 12 Countries. Dordrecht: In Job Satisfaction around the Academic World. p. 239-262. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-5434-8_13
8. Bin S.A.S. (2016), The relationship between job satisfaction, job performance and employee engagement: An explorative study. Issues in Business Management and Economics, 4(1), 1-8.
9. Budiarto, Widodo. 2005. Perancangan Sistem dan Aplikasi Mikrokontroler.Jakarta: PT.Elex Media Komputindo.
10. Colquitt, J. A., Lepine, J. A., & Wesson, M. J. (2014). Organizational Behavior Improving Performance and Commitment in The Workplace. Mc Graw Hill.
11. Chu, J., Leino, A., Pflum, S., Sue, S. (2016), A model for the theoretical basis of cultural competency to guide psychotherapy. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 47(1), 18-29. https://doi.org/10.1037/pro0000055
12. Darman and Djabir Hamzah. (2017). The Effect of Personality, Ability, Organizational Support, Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment towards Lecturer Performance of Private University in Gorontalo. Scientific Research Journal (SCIRJ). Volume V, Issue VI. pp. 61-70.
13. Davoudi SMM, Allahsyari M. (2013). “Effect Job Organization and Job Performance among Operation Staff”. American Journal of Industrial and Bussiness Management. 3(1):136-139. https://doi.org/10.4236/ajibm.2013.32018
14. Fatjrin, Desliana, Bongsu Saragih, and Harry Indratjahjo. (2018). The Effect of Organizational Commitment and Organizational Culture to Employee Performance through Behaviour Civilization Organizations of Teachers and Employees Madrasah IbtidaiyaNurussyifa Indonesia. International Journal of Business and Applied Social Science (IJBASS). Vol.4.Issue 3.
15. Griffin, R. W., & Moorhead, G. (2014). Organizational Behavior: Managing People and Organizations (11th ed). South-Western Cengage Learning
16. Guo, J., Huang, P., Zhang, Y., Zhou, N. (2016), The effect of employee treatment policies on internal control weaknesses and financial restatements. Accounting Review, 91(4), 1167-1194. https://doi.org/10.2308/accr-51269
17. Gupta, N., Sharma, V. (2016), Exploring employee engagement-a way to better business performance. Global Business Review, 17, 45S-63S. https://doi.org/10.1177/0972150916631082
18. Hakim, Adnan. (2015). Effect of Organizational Culture, Organizational Commitment to Performance: Study In Hospital of District South Konawe Of Southeast Sulawesi. The International Journal Of Engineering And Science (IJES). Vol. 4. Issue 5. Pp.33-41.
19. Harwiki, W. (2016), The impact of servant leadership on organization culture, organizational commitment, organizational citizenship behaviour (OCB) and employee performance in women cooperatives. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 219, 283-290. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2016.04.032
20. Javaid, Muhammad Fahad, M. Usman Mirza. (2012). Leadership Style Enchances The Employee Organizational Commitment: A Case Study Of Educational Institutions In Lahore. International Journal of Applied Research. Volume 1, 2012. Pp. 64-77.
21. Jeremy M., Melinde C. and Ciller V., (2012). Perceived leadership style and employee participation in a manufacturing company in the democratic republic of Congo, African journal of business management, 6(15),5389-5398. https://doi.org/10.5897/AJBM11.2443
22. Joo, B., Ready, K.J. (2012), Career satisfaction. Career Development International, 17(3), 276-295. https://doi.org/10.1108/13620431211241090
23. Kinickydan Robert. (2017). Organizational Behavior. McGraw Hill: New York.
24. Landström, H., Harirchi, G., Åström, F. (2012), Entrepreneurship: Exploring the knowledge base. Research Policy, 41(7), 1154-1181. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respol.2012.03.009
25. Lecturer, I. (2018), Analysis of organizational culture, competence and work motivation: The effect on satisfaction and performance of government employees of parepare. Russian Journal of Agricultural and Socio-Economic Sciences, 74(2), 148-155. https://doi.org/10.18551/rjoas.2018-02.16
26. Levi, D.S. 2006. Designing and Managing the Supply Chain: Concepts, Strategies and Case Studies. McGraw-Hill.
27. Limakrisna, N., Sudarso, A., Daryus, C. (2015), Entrepreneurship orientation for building business performance : An empirical study of Economics and Financial, 5, 144-149.
28. Luthans F. 2016. Positive organizational behavior and psychological capital. In The Backstage of Major Discoveries in Organizational Behavior, ed. F Bietry, J Creusier. London: Routledge. In press
29. Mariati and Hanif Mauludin. (2018). The Influence of Organizational Culture and Work Motivation on Employee Performance, Job Satisfaction As Intervening Variable (Study On Secretariat Staff of Pasuruan Regency). IOSR Journal of Business and Management. Vol.20. Issue 8. Pp.30-39.
30. Martin, Adam, and Gert Roodt. (2017). Perceptions of Organizational Commitment, Job Satisfaction, and Turnover Intensions In A Post Merger South African Tertiary Institution. Sajip journal. Vol.34.No.1.pp23-31. https://doi.org/10.4102/sajip.v34i1.415
31. Mather, K., Seifert, R. (2011), Teacher, lecturer or labourer? Performance management issues in education. Management in Education, 25(1), 26-31. https://doi.org/10.1177/0892020610388060
32. Masydzulhak, Hapzi Ali, and Leni Dewi Anggraeni. (2016). The Influence Of Work Motivation and OrganizationCommitment, Satisfaction as an Intervening Variable in PT. Asian Isuzu Casting Center. QuestJournals. Vol.4. Issue 10. Pp.1-10.
33. McShane, Steven L, & Mary Ann Von Glinow. (2017). Organizational Behaviour: Emerging Realities for the Workplace Resolution.McGraw Hill, Boston.
34. Nunnally, J. C. (1978). Psychometric theory (2nd ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
35. Oosterbeek, H., van Praag, M., Ijsselstein, A. (2010), The impact of entrepreneurship education on entrepreneurship skills and motivation. European Economic Review, 54(3), 442-454. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euroecorev.2009.08.002
36. Park, E.J., Kim, E.Y., Funches, V.M., Foxx, W. (2012), Apparel product attributes, web browsing, and e-impulse buying on shopping websites. Journal of Business Research, 65(11), 1583-1589. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2011.02.043
37. Presbitero, A., Roxas, B., Chadee, D. (2016), Looking beyond HRM practices in enhancing employee retention in BPOs: Focus on employee–organisation value fit. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 27(6), 635-652. https://doi.org/10.1080/09585192.2015.1035306
38. Reissner, S., Pagan, V. (2013), Generating employee engagement in a public-private partnership: Management communication activities and employee experiences. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 24(14), 2741-2759. https://doi.org/10.1080/09585192.2013.765497
39. Roghé, F., Toma, A., Kilmann, J., Dicke, R., Strack, R. (2012), Organizational Capabilities Matter. Sweden: BCG. p. 24.
40. Robbins, P. Stephen. (2016). Organizatioanal Behavior. New Jersey: Precentice Hall International Inc.
41. Runi, Ishak., et al. (2017). Influence Leadership, Motivation, Competence, Commitment To Satisfaction And Performance Lecturer At Private Higher Education Kopertis Region IX in South Sulawesi Province. IOSR Journal of Business and Managemen. Volume 19, Issue 7. Pp. 56-67.
42. Sharma, Pooja. (2017). Organizational culture as predictor of job satisfaction: The role of age and gender. Management Journal. Vol.22 No.1, pp.35-48. https://doi.org/10.30924/mjcmi/2017.22.1.35
43. Siahaan, E., Gultom, P., Lumbanraja, P. (2016), Improvement of employee banking performance based on competency improvement and placement working through career development (case study in Indonesia). International Business Management, 10(3), 255-261.
44. Singh, J.K. (2013), Study of employees’ Job satisfaction and its. Journal of Indian Research, 1(4), 105-111.
45. Soetopo, dari O’Reilly, Charles and Chatman, J. (2010). “Organizational Commitment and Psychological Attachment: The Effects of Compliance, Identification and Internalization on Prosocial Behavior”.Journal of Applied Psychology.Vol 71. https://doi.org/10.1037//0021-9010.71.3.492
46. Stello, C.M. (2014), Herzberg’s two-factor theory of job satisfaction: An integrative literature review. Progress in Development Studies, 7(123), 21-32.
47. Sugiyono. 2004. Metode Penelitian. Bandung: Alfabeta.
48. Sukirno, D.S., Siengthai, S. (2011), Does participative decision making affect lecturer performance in higher education? International Journal of Educational Management, 25(5), 494-508. https://doi.org/10.1108/09513541111146387
49. Sutanto, E.M., Kurniawan, M. (2016), The impact of recruitment, employee retention and labor relations to employee performance on batik industry in Solo city, Indonesia. International Journal of Business and Society, 17(2), 375-390. https://doi.org/10.33736/ijbs.531.2016
50. Telha, A., Rodrigues, A., Páscoa, C., Tribolet, J. (2016), The competency architecture as error limiting element and efficiency enhancer in business processes. In Procedia Computer Science, 100, 665-670. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2016.09.209
51. Thakur, R., Workman, L. (2016), Customer portfolio management (CPM) for improved customer relationship management (CRM): Are your customers platinum, gold, silver, or bronze? Journal of Business Research, 69(10), 4095-4102. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2016.03.042
52. Thrun, M.M. (2014), Factors Affecting Job Satisfaction and Nurse Retention. Journal of Nursing Management, 19, 64-67.
53. Tika H. M. (2017). Budaya Organisasi dan Pengikat Kinerja Perusahaan. Penerbit: PT. Bhumi Aksara. Jakarta.
54. Ukil, M.I. (2016), The impact of employee empowerment on employee satisfaction and service quality: Empirical evidence from financial enterprizes in Bangladesh. Verslas: TeorijaIr Praktika, 17(2), 178-189. https://doi.org/10.3846/btp.2016.651
55. Wagner, John A & Hollenbeck, J. R. (2010). Organizational Behavior Securing Competitive Advantage. Routledge. Routledge
56. Wang, X.H., Kim, T.Y., Lee, D.R. (2016), Cognitive diversity and team creativity: Effects of team intrinsic motivation and transformational leadership. Journal of Business Research, 69(9), 3231-3239. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2016.02.026
57. Whitman, D. S., Van Rooy, D. L., &Viswesvaran, C. (2010). Satisfaction, citizenship behaviors, and performance in work units: A meta-analysis of collective construct relations. Personnel Psychology, 63(1), 41–81. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.2009.01162.x
58. Yang, Y., Lee, P.K.C., Cheng, T.C.E. (2016), Continuous improvement competence, employee creativity, and new service development performance: A frontline employee perspective. International Journal of Production Economics, 171, 275-288. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2015.08.006
59. Yang, C., & Hwang, M. (2014). Personality traits and simultaneous reciprocal influences between job performance and job satisfaction. Chinese Management Studies, 8(1), 6–26. https://doi.org/10.1108/CMS-09-2011-0079