Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
AMBIGUITY ON SYARIAH TOURISM IN INDONESIA
Corresponding Author(s) : Hurriah Ali Hasan
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 5 (2019): September
Purpose: The purpose of this study is to analyze the readiness of tourist destinations through the perception of tourists and local people in developing sharia tourism in Indonesia. Indonesia has a much tourism area, which is visited by both domestic and foreign tourists. In the tourism area, especially visited by foreign tourists, are often equipped with facilities for entertainment that are not accorded to social norms and clash with religious norms. While Indonesia is the largest Moslem country in the world with 85 percent people are Moslem, therefore some people provoke to implement Islamic Law in tourism area.
Methodology: This study includes descriptive research using a quantitative approach that involved two groups were domestic tourists 110 respondents and 50 respondents from local people. This study, conducted in the Bira Beach area, Bulukumba Regency, South Sulawesi Indonesia. Data was analyzed to find out the point of view of the tourist and local people on Islamic law implementation in tourism area in Bira Beach.
Result: The finding of this study indicated that all domestic tourists and local people strongly support the implementation of Islamic Law in tourism area in Bira Beach.
Implications/Applications: However, if Islamic law was actually implemented in all areas in the Bira Beach area, all respondents in tourist group stated that they would not visit Bira Beach anymore, meanwhile all respondents in local people group expressed doubt, caused to the negative impact on their economic income. Based on this study, it needs an appropriate regulation for tourism in Indonesia that could be implemented for all people without contrary to religious norms.
- Badan Pusat Statistik (2018). Annual Report 2017.
- Battour, Mohamed and Mohd Nazari Ismail (2015). “Halal tourism: Concepts, practices, challenges and future”, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tmp.2015.12.008 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tmp.2015.12.008
- Damanik, Janianton (2013). Pariwisata Indonesia Antara Peluang dan Tantangan, Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
- Dinas Kebudayaan dan Pariwisata Kabupaten Bulukumba, 2018. Annual Report 2017.
- Fatwa Dewan Syariah Nasional Majelis Ulama Indonesia, N0.108/DSN-MUI/X/2016 tentang Pedoman Penyelenggaraan Pariwisata Berdasarkan Prinsip Syariah
- Hamzah, M & Yudiana, Y. (2015). Analisis Komparatif Potensi Industri Halal dalam Wisata Syariah dengan Konvensional
- Jaelani, Aan (2017). Industri Wisata Halal di Indonesia: Potensi dan Prospek, MPRA Paper No. 76237
- Kementerian Pariwisata RI – Kemenpar (2012). Micro Small and Mediium Enterprises Report 2012
- Mansouri, S. (2014). Role of Halal Tourism Ideology in Destination Competitiveness: a Study on Selected Hotels in Bangkok, Thailand. In International Conference on Law, Education and Humanities (ICLEH'14) Jan (pp. 30-31).
- Maryono, Hefni Effendi dan Majariana Krisanti (2016). Analisis Kepuasan Wisatawan Untuk Manajemen Pantai di Wisata Pantai Tanjung Bira. Jurnal Pariwisata, Vol. III No. 2 September 2016
- Mu’tasim, Rajasa (2013). Agama dan Pariwisata Telaah Atas Transformasi Keagamaan Komunitas Muhammadiyah Borobudur, Yogyakarta: PTIK UIN Sunan Kalijaga bekerja sama dengan Pustaka Pelajar.
- Indonesian Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy Regulation (2014) concerning the Implementation of One-Stop Integrated Services in Tourism and Creative Economy in the Investment Coordinating Board.
- Putera, F. H. A., Fahrudin, A., Pratiwi, N. T. M., & Susilo, S. B. (2013). Kajian Keberlanjutan Pengelolaan Wisata Pantai di Pantai Pasir Putih Bira, Bulukumba, Sulawesi Selatan. Jurnal Kepariwisataan Indonesia, 8(3), 227-240.
- Razzaq, Hall & Prayag. (2013) Global Halal Forum bertema Wonderful Indonesia as Moslem Friendly Destination pada 2013
- Spillane, J.J. (1994) Pariwisata Indonesia: Siasat Ekonomi Dan Rekayasa Kebudayaa. Jakarta: Kanisius
- Sugiyono (2012). Qualitative and Quantitative Research Method, Research and Development. Bandung: Alfabeta
- Website of Ministry of Tourism of the Republic of Indonesia. 2016. Download April 19 2016.