Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
CONFESSIONAL GROUPS IN THE REPUBLIC OF TATARSTAN: IDENTITY AND FEATURES OF ITS DESIGN
Corresponding Author(s) : Tatyana Alekseevna Titova
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 5 (2019): September
Purpose: The relevance of the problem is caused by the need for a comprehensive study of interfaith group attitudes in multiethnic and polyconfessional regions of the Russian Federation. The purpose of this article is to analyze the strategies of constructing identity in the environment of religious groups in the Republic of Tatarstan in 2017 - 2018.
Methodology: The Leading approach to the study of this problem is a multi-paradigm methodology. The article gives a comparative description of the world outlook of the three studied groups -Muslims, Orthodox, and Atheists. Special attention is paid to the analysis of mechanisms of religious socialization and transmission of religious values.
Result: It is concluded that Muslims attach more importance to the implementation of religious rites and practices; the family is considered the main agent of religious socialization, they are more characterized by the position of "religion is not chosen." The materials of the article can be useful for ethnologists, social and cultural anthropologists, political scientists, as well as representatives of bodies and structures in charge of interethnic and interreligious interaction.
Applications: This research can be used for universities, teachers, and students.
Novelty/Originality: In this research, the model of Confessional groups in the Republic of Tatarstan: identity and features of its design are presented in a comprehensive and complete manner.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Tatyana Alekseevna Titova, Elena Valeryevna Frolova, Elena Gennadievna Gushchina, Rimma Raisovna Sagitova, MIGRANT WOMEN IN THE REPUBLIC OF TATARSTAN: INTEGRATION STRATEGIES AND PRACTICES , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 5 (2019): September
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Antúnez, J. V. V. (2001). La ética y el derecho ante la filosofía intercultural y la globalización. Unica: Revista de Artes y Humanidades, (4), 71-86.
- Barth, F. (1989). The analysis of culture in complex societies. Ethnos, 54(3-4), 120-142. https://doi.org/10.1080/00141844.1989.9981389 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/00141844.1989.9981389
- Drobizheva, L. M. (2016). Positive interethnic relations and prevention of intolerance: experience of Tatarstan in the all-Russian context. M.; SPb. : Nestor-History.
- Guschina, E. G., Titova, T. A., & Frolova, E. V. (2016). The Host Population and the Migrants in Modern Tatarstan: Social Roles and Intergroup Distance. Journal of Organizational Culture, Communications and Conflict, 20, 166.
- Jaramillo, L. E. S. (2018). Malware Detection and Mitigation Techniques: Lessons Learned from Mirai DDOS Attack. Journal of Information Systems Engineering & Management, 3(3), 19. https://doi.org/10.20897/jisem/2655 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20897/jisem/2655
- Kenan, K. X. (2018). Seeing and the Ability to See: A Framework for Viewing Geometric Cube Problems. International Electronic Journal of Mathematics Education, 13(2), 57-60. https://doi.org/10.12973/iejme/2695 DOI: https://doi.org/10.12973/iejme/2695
- Luo, C., Li, M., Peng, P., & Fan, S. (2018). How Does Internet Finance Influence the Interest Rate? Evidence from Chinese Financial Markets. Dutch Journal of Finance and Management, 2(1), 01. https://doi.org/10.20897/djfm/89590 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20897/djfm/89590
- Vargas-Hernández, J. G. (2016). THE QUESTION OF CHANGING THE CONCEPT, ROLE AND FUNCTIONS OF STATE. Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews, 4(1), 08-19. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2016.412 DOI: https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2016.412
- Nurutdinova, A. N. (2016). The newspaper discourse dynamics of religious extremism in the Tatarstan Republic. Journal of Organizational Culture, Communications and Conflict, 20, 33.
- Titova, T. A., Kozlov, V. E., & Guschina, E. G. (2015). Ethno-Confessional Group of the Kryashens: Transformation of Identity and Modern Ethno-Cultural Processes. Journal of Sustainable Development, 8(4), 260. https://doi.org/10.5539/jsd.v8n4p260 DOI: https://doi.org/10.5539/jsd.v8n4p260
- Shemshurenko, O. V., Tuhvatullin, A. H., & Zabbarova, L. M. (2016). The problems of relations of ethnic and muslim confessional identity in modern Tatarstan. Journal of Organizational Culture, Communications and Conflict, 20, 101.
- Leila, A. (2018). TEACHING RELIGION TO CHILDREN IN CONTEMPORARY TATARSTAN: THE CASE OF ISLAM. State, Religion and Church, 5(2). https://doi.org/10.22394/2311-3448-2018-5-2-44-62 DOI: https://doi.org/10.22394/2311-3448-2018-5-2-44-62
- Yakovlev, A., Freinkman, L., Makarov, S., & Pogodaev, V. (2019). How Do Russia’s Regions Adjust to External Shocks? Evidence from the Republic of Tatarstan. Problems of Post-Communism, 1-15. https://doi.org/10.1080/10758216.2019.1653200 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/10758216.2019.1653200
- Titova, T. A., Kozlov, V. E., & Frolova, E. V. (2015). Ethnic Cultural and Religious Practices of Migrant Women in the Republic of Tatarstan. Journal of Sustainable Development, 8(4), 177. https://doi.org/10.5539/jsd.v8n4p177 DOI: https://doi.org/10.5539/jsd.v8n4p177
- Sabirova, A. N., Titova, T. A., & Frolova, E. V. (2016). COLLECTIVE SOCIAL AND CULTURAL DISTANCE IN THE SPHERE OF INTERETHNIC RELATIONS IN THE REPUBLIC OF TATARSTAN. TURKISH ONLINE JOURNAL OF DESIGN ART AND COMMUNICATION, 6, 2817-2822.
- Gabdrakhmanov, N. K. (2016). Historical and cultural heritage in tourism development: The case of Republic of Tatarstan. International Business Management, 10(22), 5273-5279.
- Silayeva, Z. V. (2016). Reciprocally of interconfessional cooperation of foreign students and host populations: From the consent to the conflict. Journal of Organizational Culture, Communications and Conflict, 20, 120.
- Gromova, C. R., & Hayrutdinova, R. R. (2017). Multicultural training of the teacher for work with children of Muslim migrants. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 237, 288-291. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2017.02.078 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2017.02.078
- Garaeva, A. M., & Nizamova, L. R. (2018). Muslim migrants in the Tatarstan Republic: religious solidarity or social exclusion?. Revista Publicando, 5(16 (1)), 631-639.
- Valeev, R. M., Khabibullin, M. Z., Saidasheva, E. A., & Nurgalieva, L. A. (2015). Historical and Confessional Study of the Peoples of the Middle Volga Region in the Kazan Theological Academy in the Second Half of the XIX-the Beginning of the XX Centuries. Journal of Sustainable Development, 8(4), 104. https://doi.org/10.5539/jsd.v8n4p104 DOI: https://doi.org/10.5539/jsd.v8n4p104